Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Switching to Windows computer from Mac, a couple n

views

TSjohnmathew P
post Nov 22 2019, 07:19 PM, updated 4w ago

Probation
1 posts

Is Windows Defender a suitable security option? Or is it recommended to get a third party security software

In the past my dad bought a Windows laptop, and it came cluttered with pop-ups and extra software. What is the best way to setup a new windows computer to get is as close to bare Windows 10 as possible?

Whenever I watch videos of a Windows computer, the clutter of the bottom-left pop-up menu frustrates me. What’s the best way to clean this menu up?

Thanks, and I look forward to responces.
Petrary P
post Nov 24 2019, 12:46 PM

Probation
3 posts

I am not sure how to guide you looking forward to see the suggestions of others?
zeroglyph
post Nov 26 2019, 02:24 PM

woot!!! senior member now?
1,253 posts

when buying a laptop, what comes with it is an OEM windows. so it comes with bundled most-of-the-time-useless software. you can just uninstall most of it. a clean windows are the ones you buy separately. like win10 ultimate.

"clutter bottom-left pop-up" i would assume you are referring to the start menu? you can customize that to minimize it. but keep in mind, certain things are by design. so you can't really make your windows feel like linux or mac(look is still doable).
zZNekoChanZz
post Nov 26 2019, 11:35 PM

Casual
428 posts

QUOTE(zeroglyph @ Nov 26 2019, 02:24 PM)
when buying a laptop, what comes with it is an OEM windows. so it comes with bundled most-of-the-time-useless software. you can just uninstall most of it. a clean windows are the ones you buy separately. like win10 ultimate.

"clutter bottom-left pop-up" i would assume you are referring to the start menu? you can customize that to minimize it. but keep in mind, certain things are by design. so you can't really make your windows feel like linux or mac(look is still doable).
Actually regarding this, is it possible to reimage the laptop with a clean Win10 image and retain its OEM license?

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0289sec    7.91    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th December 2019 - 09:24 PM