Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Platelet rising

views

TSAnAngel65
post Nov 21 2019, 05:13 PM, updated 2w ago

Getting Started
184 posts

Anyone here has health condition of a rising platelet issue? its called essential thrombocythemia, for any doctor here..

My mum has it and after i did many researched apparently its kinda rare, doctors have no solution for this except for some cancer treatment when it worsen.

Im trying to ask if anyone else have this.
trencher10
post Nov 21 2019, 05:26 PM

Long-term AFK ...
652 posts

Still got antiplatelet drugs

One of it is called ... aspirin
TSAnAngel65
post Nov 21 2019, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(trencher10 @ Nov 21 2019, 05:26 PM)
Still got antiplatelet drugs

One of it is called ... aspirin
yup, my mum is taking it now. But she's kinda paranoid so worried on the side effects. was hoping if i can find any other examples to show her that its ok.
trencher10
post Nov 21 2019, 06:48 PM

Long-term AFK ...
652 posts

the listed side effects take the more serious adverse consequences first in the list, which understandably worries patients who reads these simplified lists. but since they are possibilities with differing probabilities for individuals based on a variety of factors, it is a balancing act that requires that trial of treatment to see if these therapeutic targets are achieved with the dosaging provided, with the least adverse results. And in the case of aspirin, that balancing act is mercifully relatively easier, than say, warfarin (not an antiplatelet).

The risk of a thrombotic event however is just as too serious to ignore or undertreated due to medication anxiety.
TSAnAngel65
post Nov 22 2019, 04:50 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(trencher10 @ Nov 21 2019, 06:48 PM)
the listed side effects take the more serious adverse consequences first in the list, which understandably worries patients who reads these simplified lists. but since they are possibilities with differing probabilities for individuals based on a variety of factors, it is a balancing act that requires that trial of treatment to see if these therapeutic targets are achieved with the dosaging provided, with the least adverse results. And in the case of aspirin, that balancing act is mercifully relatively easier, than say, warfarin (not an antiplatelet).

The risk of a thrombotic event however is just as too serious to ignore or undertreated due to medication anxiety.
Yeah... Aspirin is still okay, she's worried on other meds that she would have to take if the platelet level continue to rises.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0399sec    1.70    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 5th December 2019 - 10:35 PM