Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Almost ride a bike

views

SUSJingjing94 P
post Nov 19 2019, 07:54 PM, updated 5y ago

Probation
2 posts

I tried to convince myself to ride although few of my friends do it as hobby. They ask me ride but I felt it is not safe and I have fear to ride. How to overcome this fear?
kem96
post Nov 19 2019, 08:00 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

Try first la, then see if you still afraid or not. Go test ride your friend's bike. Usually if always ride you will become comfortable, but just keep in mind to ride safely.

Side note, I have been riding for 5 years and got into accident 3 times(not serious, scratch and bruise only) and a lot of almost accident situation. Not stopping me from riding again though biggrin.gif
SUSJingjing94 P
post Nov 19 2019, 08:11 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(kem96 @ Nov 19 2019, 08:00 PM)
Try first la, then see if you still afraid or not. Go test ride your friend's bike. Usually if always ride you will become comfortable, but just keep in mind to ride safely.

Side note, I have been riding for 5 years and got into accident 3 times(not serious, scratch and bruise only) and a lot of almost accident situation. Not stopping me from riding again though biggrin.gif
Logically it's unsafe. It's so hard to debunk that common sense because it's true. But I want to ride.. Haha
ExCrIpT
post Nov 19 2019, 09:43 PM

Regular
1,664 posts

i dont think there's anyway to overcome the fear as it is a constant battle once ur on the road. its either you have the guts to take the leap or not.

are you the type that prefers to stay in ur comfort zone or those that is willing to move forward to enjoy what's out there. ask urself that.

i have never tried riding before and i enjoyed every bit of it on my first lesson riding a bike, can't stop smiling till i fell lol
JLA
post Nov 19 2019, 10:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,299 posts

have u ride a bicycle ? u learn how to balancing your body
scooter is easy to ride than kap cai. small one not big pcx and her friends
irsyadfy
post Nov 19 2019, 10:05 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(kem96 @ Nov 19 2019, 08:00 PM)

+1

same here.
2 times fall down bcoz sand on road. few times near accident. but still riding bcoz no jam + easy park.
Nightstalker1993
post Nov 19 2019, 10:12 PM

M� �R�|�
8,922 posts

QUOTE(Jingjing94 @ Nov 19 2019, 07:54 PM)
I tried to convince myself to ride although few of my friends do it as hobby. They ask me ride but I felt it is not safe and I have fear to ride. How to overcome this fear?
go take license terus. Learn at the center lol
Dreadlock13
post Nov 19 2019, 10:36 PM

Casual
480 posts

The first time i rode a motorcycle is when i was 18
At a driving school.

Yes i know it's dangerous. But i know i need the skills and i need the transport.

If you think it's not safe. No body would ever change that fact from you. But only you can change that.
And only you can make it safer for yourself
dyzr
post Nov 29 2019, 05:16 PM

23 posts

try slowly. practice with small bike first like kapchai.

ride around the neighborhood street slowly. dont straight go enter main road.

most importantly, do it for your passion. not peer pressure.
galkelly
post Nov 30 2019, 04:01 PM

On my way
619 posts

Its all in your head. If you dont do it. U nvr will.
Quazacolt
post Nov 30 2019, 08:45 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

Go ride.

Can start at empty parking lots
SUSskyblu3
post Dec 1 2019, 07:30 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

Good that you feel it is not safe. Every rider should have this fear. So that every rider will be more alert and caution.

Danger starts when a rider couldn't care less about safety.

What you need to over come is not so much about the fear.
You need to build confidence... But not over confidence
Again, danger comes when a rider is over confident.

This post has been edited by skyblu3: Dec 1 2019, 09:17 AM
ThE DaReDeViL
post Dec 1 2019, 08:38 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Dec 1 2019, 07:30 AM)
Good that you feel it is not safe.  Regret rider should have this fear.  So that every rider will be more alert and caution.

Nice one... Yea, I always keep myself alert no matter how I'm used to my bike and how long I've been riding (started riding 20years ago, with more than 10years off in between). Any overtaking which I think is risky, I'll just skip it... Filtering slowly when traffic jam as well... Sorry to say but there are too many brainless rider who change lane in between front and back of cars without even looking... These are the ppl who spoiled our image as rider... So always be alert someone will cut out right in front of you in whatever condition... Not to mention those cars who switch lane without looking and signal...
SUSskyblu3
post Dec 1 2019, 09:30 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(ThE DaReDeViL @ Dec 1 2019, 08:38 AM)
Nice one... Yea, I always keep myself alert no matter how I'm used to my bike and how long I've been riding (started riding 20years ago, with more than 10years off in between). Any overtaking which I think is risky, I'll just skip it... Filtering slowly when traffic jam as well... Sorry to say but there are too many brainless rider who change lane in between front and back of cars without even looking... These are the ppl who spoiled our image as rider... So always be alert someone will cut out right in front of you in whatever condition... Not to mention those cars who switch lane without looking and signal...
About brainless bikers.... There are biker who switch lane during traffic jam, they switch in front of big vehicles like lorries, bus or even MPV. Bikers lane filtering also much be cautious when filter pass big vehicles. We cannot see them switching lane.

I kena few times these brainless bikers just swerve out in front off lorries into my lane. They don't even bother to look.
ThE DaReDeViL
post Dec 1 2019, 09:40 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Dec 1 2019, 09:30 AM)
About brainless bikers.... There are biker who switch lane during traffic jam, they switch in front of big vehicles like lorries, bus or even MPV.  Bikers lane filtering also much be cautious when filter pass big vehicles.  We cannot see them switching lane.

I kena few times these brainless bikers just swerve out in front off lorries into my lane.  They don't even bother to look.
Yea, that is what exactly what I meant, maybe I didn't express it right... I always look above the car roof so can know if there's any bike switching lane. When approaching higher vehicle which I can't see above them, I'll just move slower just in case... Just like u said, most dangerous part is when we lost fear... When no fear = less alert...
SUSskyblu3
post Dec 1 2019, 09:43 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(ThE DaReDeViL @ Dec 1 2019, 09:40 AM)
Yea, that is what exactly what I meant, maybe I didn't express it right... I always look above the car roof so can know if there's any bike switching lane. When approaching higher vehicle which I can't see above them, I'll just move slower just in case... Just like u said, most dangerous part is when we lost fear... When no fear = less alert...
I used to ride cruisers..low riding. Always have issues looking far ahead.

Now riding a taller bike... Better. Can see further

SUSJingjing94 P
post Dec 1 2019, 12:00 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Dec 1 2019, 07:30 AM)
Good that you feel it is not safe.  Every rider should have this fear.  So that every rider will be more alert and caution.

rider prefer bukit roads like genting, bukit tinggi and titi, what's the point? ego? sounds like cari nahas.
Quazacolt
post Dec 1 2019, 12:26 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(Jingjing94 @ Dec 1 2019, 12:00 PM)
rider prefer bukit roads like genting, bukit tinggi and titi, what's the point? ego? sounds like cari nahas.
Enjoy corners without going to the track
SUSJingjing94 P
post Dec 1 2019, 12:36 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Dec 1 2019, 12:26 PM)
if there's a rain half way really good luck
SUSJingjing94 P
post Dec 1 2019, 12:37 PM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Dec 1 2019, 12:26 PM)
if there's a rain half way really good luck. there are many ways to enjoy corner with less risk, we have round about and the 8 roads also

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.55    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:29 PM