Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Forced to resign.. Sad

views

InitialB
post Nov 23 2019, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

They need to at least compensate u 1 month. And termination letter and reason must give you.
cute_boboi
post Nov 23 2019, 06:06 PM

° 忍 °
5,813 posts

QUOTE(Hantulang @ Nov 23 2019, 08:20 AM)
Thanks for the tips. The HR said if they terminate they will be paying 10-days salary compensation as it was the min requirement by malaysian law. Im not sure if I can nego or take this yp to IR for more $$. My contract employment only says 1-month notice by each parties to terminate the service and dont’t mention anything about retrenchment vss/mss etc. as far as I know, I’m the only person receiving this treatment (being ask to resign/terminate) currently.

Is there any rules/steps for a company to do by law before they can start retrench people?
Start reading up on VSS/MSS retrenchment benefits/calculation, etc. Google search
e.g.
https://www.imoney.my/articles/how-to-tax-f...ees-in-malaysia

Good luck and all the best in future endeavor
icon_rolleyes.gif
rrmax112
post Nov 24 2019, 10:56 AM

8 posts

Good luck TS, dun give up
TSHantulang
post Nov 24 2019, 08:49 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(rrmax112 @ Nov 24 2019, 10:56 AM)
Good luck TS, dun give up
Thanks man
Vervain
post Nov 24 2019, 09:12 PM

Scathach
5,288 posts

QUOTE(Hantulang @ Nov 24 2019, 08:49 PM)
Thanks man
Hi TS, Hope you stay strong. Has the Company placed you in PIP prior you termination. If not, then you have every right to pursue for legal compensation due to unfair dismissal. Btw, I'm in the sales line too. Is the market really that bad till you're unable to secure sales? or its just poor higher management call in commercial strategy pricing?

Its time that you think and hunt for a new job.

TSHantulang
post Nov 24 2019, 10:29 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Vervain @ Nov 24 2019, 09:12 PM)
Hi TS, Hope you stay strong. Has the Company placed you in PIP prior you termination. If not, then you have every right to pursue for legal compensation due to unfair dismissal. Btw, I'm in the sales line too. Is the market really that bad till you're unable to secure sales? or its just poor higher management call in commercial strategy pricing?

Its time that you think and hunt for a new job.
My manager have issue.The quota set to me for 2019 is not realistic knowing the performance of SEA for the past 2 years but since Im new and just join in nov last year, I just agreed. True enough, until Q3 this year, my quota only reach 55% but overall still better than last year in this market condition, so I dont understand. My manager is under pressure also to performed because of the number he promise to management. Im the 3rd BD manager in 4 years (the other 2 resigned because cannot stand my manager work style and method).

To the question of PIP, No I have not been put into PIP. Just terminate due to retrenchment/restructuring. Even in my termination letter stated that the termination is not due to my performance. So Im not sure if PIP is needed before company can re-structure and do retrenchment. Please enlighten me.
ipohmali70
post Nov 25 2019, 12:13 AM

Enthusiast
857 posts

Sorry to hear of your predicament.

All the best to you.

fireballs
post Nov 25 2019, 12:15 AM

2,999 posts

ask for reduce salary
Vervain
post Nov 25 2019, 01:04 AM

Scathach
5,288 posts

QUOTE(Hantulang @ Nov 24 2019, 10:29 PM)
My manager have issue.The quota set to me for 2019 is not realistic knowing the performance of SEA for the past 2 years but since Im new and just join in nov last year, I just agreed. True enough, until Q3 this year, my quota only reach 55% but overall still better than last year in this market condition, so I dont understand. My manager is under pressure also to performed because of the number he promise to management. Im the 3rd BD manager in 4 years (the other 2 resigned because cannot stand my manager work style and method).

To the question of PIP, No I have not been put into PIP. Just terminate due to retrenchment/restructuring. Even in my termination letter stated that the termination is not due to my performance. So Im not sure if PIP is needed before company can re-structure and do retrenchment. Please enlighten me.
Pretty common issue. either you're out or your manager is being thrown out. He needs to put high numbers to stay relevant and to keep hiring workforce, also to ensure a higher payscale to acquire competent sales force. its result oriented role similar to sales.

for your case, if your company has officially notify MOL more than a month ago pertaining to downsizing of the organization, then there is nothing you can do about it. they memang is downsizing. However restructuring with no reduction in workforce is questionable. There are two paths you can take,

1. get a good testimonial from your boss or the company . when you say one month notice, do you mean you have to served 1 month with paid salary? if the letter is given to you 2 days ago, that is not considered a 1 month notice. negotiate if you can extend till the end of the year. reasoning well, just cook up some reasons like customer handover, etc. quickly hunt for new jobs
2. sue the company. if they do have a registered company in malaysia, then its easy to get them into trial. note however chances are 50/50. if you win, you get a fat compensation, if not you waste months and years without getting anything in return.

QUOTE(fireballs @ Nov 25 2019, 12:15 AM)
ask for reduce salary
Does not work in sales line, you either perform or you're out. You don't produce sufficient sales they throw you off like a loveless toy in the garbage bin. if you're a super star sales person, they pray to you like god. you live your life in the company like celebrity or king.
Manuk1188
post Nov 25 2019, 08:42 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

I can only say wish u found another job. Not end of the world, but struggle and mentally is unavoidable. CNY is in JAN 2020, a lot of expenses.

vanillapire
post Nov 25 2019, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
201 posts

Get them to terminate you and pay for vss instead of asking you to go
achong09
post Nov 25 2019, 09:45 AM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(Hantulang @ Nov 23 2019, 08:38 AM)
Update-
My HR have issued me termination letter giving me one-month notice plus 11 days compensation due to retrenchment.last day will be on 20th Dec 2019, and last salary and all due payment will be paid on 30th Dec. Im going to apply to EIs next week see if Im eligible. Then after 30th Dec, plan to bring this case to IR to seek their advice and see if I have any case. At least that was my plan..mean while been applying jobs via jobstreet and LinkedIn and some friends
Wah lau, compensation only 11 days?? so little?

Better check with labour law office see if this is legal or not...check with your lawyer also if can..for advise

CareerSifu
post Nov 25 2019, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(Hantulang @ Nov 24 2019, 10:29 PM)

Agree with someone else's post earlier about how your employer needs to submit a PK form (notice of retrenchment) to the labour office soon, but that's not your concern for now.

And no, a PIP isn't required as basis for a retrenchment exercise (only in cases of termination).

Believe you might be able to challenge the retrenchment, esp. if you can prove that targets set were unreasonable and you still outperformed market conditions, or that you are in fact the only headcount being retrenched, etc. Go lodge a complaint with the Director General of IR to challenge your company's decision, and the burden is on them to prove their actions. Feel that given you're indeed being served the absolute minimum a company needs to provide legally (10 days salary for under 2 years of service) - the shittier end of the stick, you also have nothing to lose by trying to take it up with the industrial/labour court.

Good call on enquiring with EIS already as I believe there are unemployment assistance claims you can begin making once you leave this company.

And of course, you should be moving on by now to think about what will happen in the next 6 months. Take time now to spruce up your resume and LinkedIn profile, leverage your network (it sounds like you should have pretty decent work history with reputable companies in the past) by talking to ex-bosses/colleagues to find out if anyone is hiring as the referral network is your best bet, and apply aggressively in MY/SG. The more interview practice you get the better you should fare.

All the best with the job search! Would be a very trying and scary period to go through as an adult (esp. if you have family and other commitments) but it sounds that you are mentally ready to take it on and are trying all possible options and alternatives.

To continue motivating yourself and ensuring your sanity remains intact, aim to spend not more than 2 hours a day applying to jobs. Spend the other hours of your day doing stuff you've always wanted to do but never found the time for due to your full-time jobs. Spend time with family, pursue hobbies, take online courses, pick up more skills, blog/build thought leadership (which is a great networking tool), travel, try out the gig economy, and just as importantly - perfect your resume, reach out proactively to recruiters/potential bosses on LinkedIn, practice your interviewing skills, keep up with the news in your industry, etc. The job market usually heats up a lot more by Q2 and 3 so fret not if you don't hear from employers right now.

MoneyChaser
post Nov 26 2019, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
287 posts

QUOTE(Hantulang @ Nov 18 2019, 10:47 AM)
Thanks all. Im a permanent staff, not contract. Its a sales position and I took care regional (SEA) .based in malaysia (home based) but travel a lot around the region. My boss ss is in india (incharge of APAC) also home based. We have regional sales office in Singapore. Few HR, the one closest and assigned to me is Shenzhen.

One option is to ask if I could stay until end of of the year to at least get my full salary for december.

How tough is the job market now in malaysia?
Seems to be like my previous employment , but how is your payroll , did u sign 2 offer letters one from the HQ and Company and 1 from a Management and payroll agency in Malaysia .
TSHantulang
post Nov 27 2019, 02:00 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(MoneyChaser @ Nov 26 2019, 04:46 PM)
Seems to be like my previous employment , but how is your payroll , did u sign 2 offer letters one from the HQ and Company and 1 from a Management and payroll agency in Malaysia .
No. only one offer letter.

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0418sec    3.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 12:15 AM