Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Serious How do I know if a guy is interested in me ..., Or just being friendly?

views

NightFelix
post Nov 18 2019, 03:38 PM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

QUOTE(tomato people @ Nov 17 2019, 09:46 PM)
If a guy put you first in eveything or anything you are doing...i guess that is a good signal he is into you...

P.s. i treat my wife that way
This.

Wife / Girlfriend > All
TSahmoi.sepet
post Nov 18 2019, 05:23 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(Chaud @ Nov 18 2019, 03:35 PM)
high chances he likes you...i know
what were the signs oh?
TSahmoi.sepet
post Nov 19 2019, 12:42 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(kokwei1125 @ Nov 18 2019, 01:56 PM)
i felt he is just being friendly and look for companion to go out with him.
Just being friendly sad.gif That was why I was afraid of too cry.gif
But what made you have the feeling he is just being friendly and looking for companion? He could have asked any one and his friend was already going to join us to shop at Ikea...so why?

InitialB
post Nov 19 2019, 12:52 AM

On my way
670 posts

QUOTE(ahmoi.sepet @ Nov 17 2019, 10:02 PM)
If he always take out his phone, is to take selfie or photos. So like when we went to buy the sunglasses, then he did take out his phone to take a lot of selfies of him wearing the sunglasses..
He rarely does take out his phone when with me, and in those rare occasions, he sometimes let me see the messages. I didnt ask to see, he on his own wanted to show
He is a "conceited"

This kind of people excessively proud of oneself
SUStyrionlannister10
post Nov 19 2019, 08:53 AM

43 posts

It's 2019. No need to wait for him to chase you. You chase and impress him!
cc980024
post Nov 19 2019, 09:50 AM

Casual
492 posts

I don't feel that he is interested. It give me a feeling like buddies.

As if he really likes TS, during shopping at Ikea, no matter what he will not let his friend come to join and spoilt the "u and me" time. Some ppl love to share picture and his "being" especially to friends who recently chat alot with.

I could be wrong, but TS your gesture somehow show him that "I am available". If the guy thinking is "since I am free, why not?" .. then habis la you.

Correct me if I am wrong. He bought the shelve and you offer to stayback to arrange his stuff? Only gf/best buddy or desperate girl will do that. It is very natural a gentleman or helpful guy (regardless he courting the girl or not) to offer help to build up the rack/shelves, but not girl.

Actually men are very cute creature. I have quite a lot of guy friends and those who actually treat you as their real buddy (regardless gender) will run extra miles for you, not only for gf.
The sending food, attending to you when you need it. Not only bf will do that, some who value friendship alot will do that too. These are men, they are different from women who at some point not that generous compare men.
bonkers28
post Nov 19 2019, 11:02 AM

Casual
342 posts

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Nov 19 2019, 09:50 AM)

Actually men are very cute creature. I have quite a lot of guy friends and those who actually treat you as their real buddy (regardless gender) will run extra miles for you, not only for gf.
The sending food, attending to you when you need it. Not only bf will do that, some who value friendship alot will do that too. These are men, they are different from women who at some point not that generous compare men.
The part where some guys would run the extra mile is quite true. I used to have a guy friend who would go the extra mile. I forgot a key that i was supposed to pass to someone else, and this friend of mine came all the way from PJ to meet me in BJ just to get the key from me and then pass it to that someone else. It was my mistake but he took the trouble to help me even though i admitted it was my mistake.

Then there was another time, my then-bf wouldn't even fetch me from my place to go to the airport. This friend of mine actually did. He said it's a night flight and it's not safe to take a taxi/Grab to the airport all alone. So he offered to send and then fetch me back from the airport. All this time he had a gf already....

So don't overthink it. Give it time and see where it goes?

cc980024
post Nov 19 2019, 12:00 PM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(bonkers28 @ Nov 19 2019, 11:02 AM)
The part where some guys would run the extra mile is quite true. I used to have a guy friend who would go the extra mile. I forgot a key that i was supposed to pass to someone else, and this friend of mine came all the way from PJ to meet me in BJ just to get the key from me and then pass it to that someone else. It was my mistake but he took the trouble to help me even though i admitted it was my mistake.

Then there was another time, my then-bf wouldn't even fetch me from my place to go to the airport. This friend of mine actually did. He said it's a night flight and it's not safe to take a taxi/Grab to the airport all alone. So he offered to send and then fetch me back from the airport. All this time he had a gf already....

So don't overthink it. Give it time and see where it goes?
Yes, that's why sometimes guy make a better friend compare ladies. tongue.gif Even myself a lady say so.

I am married, few years back started a new job. Day 1 go to work by LRT, without knowing I need to bring home laptop. Then I just called up my buddy
Me: Hey, fetch me after work. Bringing laptop heavy, lazy take LRT.
Buddy: where your hubby oh
Me: Don't want get him la
Buddy: Ok la.

Funny part is, you know that you don't need justification to call up buddy for help. And you know your buddy don't need a reason to help you.

Another incident even more wonderful, I was studying in JB and this buddy (another guy) working in SG. He called up asking to meet up in JB. I told him I don't know how to take public transport to JB town centre (actually lazy). He can all the way from SG took bus to JB, to my neighbourhood and look for me at my doorstep. Then pull me out to take bus together to JB town. If like this also asking "if he interested with me?". Then I have sleepless night thinking too much.
kokwei1125
post Nov 19 2019, 01:26 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(ahmoi.sepet @ Nov 19 2019, 12:42 AM)
Just being friendly  sad.gif  That was why I was afraid of too  cry.gif
But what made you have the feeling he is just being friendly and looking for companion? He could have asked any one and his friend was already going to join us to shop at Ikea...so why?
can't explain why i said so.. but i used to be in your shoe before..

maybe u can try not to going out with him that often and see how does he react
sweet_pez
post Nov 19 2019, 03:00 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(ahmoi.sepet @ Nov 17 2019, 07:41 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

p/s: Be kind ha...don't bash this ah moi here..
Who knows? He may have 'some' interest but it may not be something concrete? Probably he's also seeing how far this will go.

My suggestion is that if you're genuinely interested in him, don't wait for him to make the move each time. Being passive will only get you so far.

You can be the one to initiate a meet up. For example, ask him out for dinner, or ask if he's interested to go to a certain concert/ event with you. There's no need to feel shy about asking him out. If he says not free, just relax. Imagine you're popping the question t like how you'll ask your other friends. Be casual and natural about it wink.gif

Meet him more often and test water from there. When you meet a guy - you'll know when he is interested in you. As you two sit opposite each other - his eyes, his body language etc - you can tell when someone is enthusiastic about meeting you (or not). Be more observant when you meet him next time and lookout for the signs.

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Nov 19 2019, 12:00 PM)
Yes, that's why sometimes guy make a better friend compare ladies. tongue.gif Even myself a lady say so.

I am married, few years back started a new job. Day 1 go to work by LRT, without knowing I need to bring home laptop. Then I just called up my buddy
Me: Hey, fetch me after work. Bringing laptop heavy, lazy take LRT.
Buddy: where your hubby oh
Me: Don't want get him la
Buddy: Ok la. 

Funny part is, you know that you don't need justification to call up buddy for help. And you know your buddy don't need a reason to help you.

Another incident even more wonderful, I was studying in JB and this buddy (another guy) working in SG. He called up asking to meet up in JB. I told him I don't know how to take public transport to JB town centre (actually lazy). He can all the way from SG took bus to JB, to my neighbourhood and look for me at my doorstep. Then pull me out to take bus together to JB town. If like this also asking "if he interested with me?". Then I have sleepless night thinking too much.
That's right. There are some guys who are very helpful and considerate; they feel obliged to offer a hand when their female friend(s) needed support. They'll take the extra mile to help out, and such kind gestures should not be misunderstood.

TSahmoi.sepet
post Nov 19 2019, 09:10 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Nov 19 2019, 03:00 PM)
Who knows? He may have 'some' interest but it may not be something concrete? Probably he's also seeing how far this will go.

My suggestion is that if you're genuinely interested in him, don't wait for him to make the move each time. Being passive will only get you so far.

You can be the one to initiate a meet up. For example, ask him out for dinner, or ask if he's interested to go to a certain concert/ event with you. There's no need to feel shy about asking him out. If he says not free, just relax. Imagine you're popping the question t like how you'll ask your other friends. Be casual and natural about it wink.gif

Meet him more often and test water from there. When you meet a guy - you'll know when he is interested in you. As you two sit opposite each other - his eyes, his body language etc - you can tell when someone is enthusiastic about meeting you (or not). Be more observant when you meet him next time and lookout for the signs.
That's right. There are some guys who are very helpful and considerate; they feel obliged to offer a hand when their female friend(s) needed support. They'll take the extra mile to help out, and such kind gestures should not be misunderstood.
I'm not sure if this counts as something but when we were buying the sunglasses, the optician was showing same "latest tech" on one of the lenses. So it involved a laser pen and the glass. So when playing with the laser pen, my guy friend did draw a heart on the lense. I wasn't really looking at what he was doing. Only when he said "Oooppssss!!" Then only i looked and then i saw the heart shape he drew.

I know it sounds like i am being naive la, but is that a sign? Or it just so happen he drew that?

sweet_pez
post Nov 20 2019, 09:26 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(ahmoi.sepet @ Nov 19 2019, 09:10 PM)
I'm not sure if this counts as something but when we were buying the sunglasses, the optician was showing same "latest tech" on one of the lenses. So it involved a laser pen and the glass. So when playing with the laser pen, my guy friend did draw a heart on the lense. I wasn't really looking at what he was doing. Only when he said "Oooppssss!!" Then only i looked and then i saw the heart shape he drew.

I know it sounds like i am being naive la, but is that a sign? Or it just so happen he drew that?
No idea... It could be a hint, yet it may not hmm.gif but seems like a strong positive though. With this in mind, why not take a bolder step and ask him out instead? For a movie and dinner wink.gif then you can drop hints/ ask if there's someone he's into at the moment.
cc980024
post Nov 20 2019, 10:19 AM

Casual
492 posts

TS, don't guess around. If a guy keep playing hints or making stuff that obviously show he is interested but yet no real action, I will just leave it. If he is really wants you to be his gf, doing so many actions for what? he should just say it out.

Unless you can't wait or really likes him, then go ahead and tell him. No point keep guessing and let him play with your feeling like that.
TSahmoi.sepet
post Nov 21 2019, 12:04 AM

42 posts

i guess that i'm just afraid to know the truth be it good or bad.
What if I get shot down? What if he just so happens to be looking for a companion?
So many questions but I don't know if my actions will scare him off.
tayzhihow P
post Nov 21 2019, 05:58 AM

Probation
2 posts

Ask him directly

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:45 PM