Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

I lost motivation

views

mini orchard
post Nov 20 2019, 03:49 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(eva white @ Nov 20 2019, 03:44 PM)
you can earn RM30k in your own bussiness why you dont leave this job you can take extra efforts they will gve you a double profit in your own bussiness.
1* vs 4* logic.
spilocke
post Nov 20 2019, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Pretty much depends on your side income's stability. If it's sustainable at 30k per month with potential of growth, then by all means grow it. If it's a 30k at it's peak with the potential of collapsing, then please remain in your main job.

Set a target, stick to it and move forward.
TSywliang96
post Nov 20 2019, 04:07 PM

Enthusiast
709 posts

QUOTE(spilocke @ Nov 20 2019, 03:59 PM)
Pretty much depends on your side income's stability. If it's sustainable at 30k per month with potential of growth, then by all means grow it. If it's a 30k at it's peak with the potential of collapsing, then please remain in your main job.

Set a target, stick to it and move forward.
I believed i reached the ceiling now with 30k when I'm the only sole person that handling this business. I did not hire anyone for my business and i did everything alone while I have my full time.

I do not have time to do marketing or find new clients actually.

The sustainable part is confused.gif

I started off my business in end of 2017 with earning RM300 per month only
2018 was around RM1000-RM4000
2019 May i hit RM10000
2019 September I hit RM20000
and now is RM30000

doczane
post Nov 20 2019, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

If I were you, I’d quit my main job only once that 30k income saved and snowballed, stuffed in FD/ trust / rentals that could give me passive income minimum >10k/mth before I quit my main job. Main job has security, EPF and benefits that’s useful in rainy days. But why not just find a better paying fixed job that could still allow you time to work on your side job? That would be better.
ModernZorro
post Nov 21 2019, 12:34 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(ywliang96 @ Nov 20 2019, 09:55 AM)
You’re analysis is very spot on. My heart tells me to take that risk but everyone around me told me that the risk is too huge and may affect my career in a long run if I were to back to my full time job if my business ever fails. sad.gif

If my business is passive, it’s a no-brainer for me to quit the full time job which I have been performing lately. But the main factor of the problem is my business another part of my active income. I do need to put consistent hours on it (even during midnights) I’m literally almost 24/7 standby.

My full time job relates to IT, an emerging industry actually. I do have interest towards IT when I was a kid. However, when I was in high school, I developed an interest to sell used things when I was form 4. Set up an online business store when I was form 5 and sold it off (RM50k). Sold a bunch of highly priced shoes (Yeezy) when I was in uni that made me RM3-4k per month. Set up a platform for customers to buy shoes for a cheaper price that made me RM7-9k before the hyped died when I’m finishing up my uni and now here I am.

I do enjoy doing IT, but I always have excitements whenever I owned a business (do every kind of procedure myself, handling everything) even if I’m selling womens’ underwear as my next business, I’ll have the same excitement. Sadly enough, I do have interest in both but the time I have only allows me to choose 1 unless I risk affecting both my full time job performance and side business revenue
Very interesting.
Risky? It depends who and what type of people u seek advice.

Do not ask someone who do not know how to do business about your RM30k business, even close friends.

if you are asking the right audience, I guess it's either consider hiring or, limiting your active business workload as it is now and live happily with that rm30k +rm3.6k income.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:22 PM