Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Insulted and Humiliated

views

TSAlex02
post Nov 10 2019, 10:12 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
52 posts

Today I tendered my resignation after some fight with my manager after he insulted me, can I just ignore him if he calls me to do this do that etc etc... cus I've been reading that it's better to leave in a good and peaceful way don't burn any bridge cus we will never know in the future we will come across him again OR I will be blacklisted for future reference if future boss decides to call and check about my previous working performance.

But I'm still upset when he insulted me in front of customers and colleague by calling me stupid repeatedly... I felt humiliated, I get it one must be professional during work but after what he did I just can't maintain my composure anymore and automatic burst out like automatically without hesitation I showed my temper at him...

Cus the way I think is that if I did something wrongly then feel free to correct me, if manager not happy with performance can tell me and document it... Insulting me and humiliate me in front of customers and colleagues is not tolerable.... he treated me with disrespect and unprofessionally I treat him back the same way...

So ended up I tendered my resign letter... can I purposely ignore him if he calls me to do this do that eventho he's paying cus i'm still upest ==
TSAlex02
post Nov 10 2019, 10:18 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Alex02 @ Nov 10 2019, 10:12 PM)
Today I tendered my resignation after some fight with my manager after he insulted me, can I just ignore him if he calls me to do this do that etc etc... cus I've been reading that it's better to leave in a good and peaceful way don't burn any bridge cus we will never know in the future we will come across him again OR I will be blacklisted for future reference if future boss decides to call and check about my previous working performance.

But I'm still upset when he insulted me in front of customers and colleague by calling me stupid repeatedly... I felt humiliated, I get it one must be professional during work but after what he did I just can't maintain my composure anymore and automatic burst out like automatically without hesitation I showed my temper at him...

Cus the way I think is that if I did something wrongly then feel free to correct me, if manager not happy with performance can tell me and document it... Insulting me and humiliate me in front of customers and colleagues is not tolerable.... he treated me with disrespect and unprofessionally I treat him back the same way...

So ended up I tendered my resign letter... can I purposely ignore him if he calls me to do this do that eventho he's paying cus i'm still upest ==
Fyi he's only 26... a young boss, they call him 小老板, he's just the manager in charge of the supermarket. His father is the real boss, occasionally come to visit the supermarket.
ipohmali70
post Nov 10 2019, 10:35 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

Sorry to read about this unfortunate episode.

Yes, it's not right to humiliate employees by calling them stupid in front of customers and other employees. Doing so is considered as destructive criticism.

But the bridge having been burnt, tis better to leave with your head held high.

Thank your boss for the opportunity to work for him, and move on.

abu.shofwan
post Nov 10 2019, 10:35 PM

Regular
1,455 posts

No one has the right to insult other people.
mini orchard
post Nov 11 2019, 06:43 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

If you do not wish to tolerate his nonsense, then pay him in lieu of notice. Otherwise, follow instructions till the last day unless you want another scene.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Nov 11 2019, 06:47 AM
Georgewong123 P
post Nov 11 2019, 09:53 AM

Probation
8 posts

This is mental abuse.. no one have the rights to call another person stupid infront of other people. Please stay strong and do your best until the last day at work.

genesic
post Nov 11 2019, 10:49 AM

Enthusiast
755 posts

what about using all your remaining leave to further reduce the notice period ?
SUSbronkos
post Nov 11 2019, 10:52 AM

Regular
1,159 posts

if I were u I would scold him back. he is just a manager.
chilskater
post Nov 11 2019, 11:02 AM

Regular
1,096 posts

Upah gangster pukul... Apa susah...
mini orchard
post Nov 11 2019, 11:32 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(chilskater @ Nov 11 2019, 11:02 AM)
Upah gangster pukul... Apa susah...
Not cheap, my friend.

If die, TS go jail instead of working another place.
TSAlex02
post Nov 11 2019, 12:58 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Since he treated me unprofessionally I want to give it back at him by just ignoring what he tells me to do since I already tendered my resign notice so I feel like I'm no longer a part of the supermarket anymore even tho one is still being paid during notice period. I alr changed to part time recently so I only work Saturday and Sunday but despite that I'm still not happy w him... What do u think?
rucksackchan
post Nov 11 2019, 01:29 PM

32 posts

Maybe you can use Defamation Act or something. Based on this article.
ipohmali70
post Nov 12 2019, 08:59 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

No this is not defamation.

If not mistaken it's under the penal code - outraging modesty or something like that.

The penalty is not much, maybe RM100 fine if convicted.

But I'm not a lawyer.

My advise to TS is just to let it go.

This post has been edited by ipohmali70: Nov 12 2019, 09:01 AM
mini orchard
post Nov 12 2019, 09:05 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(Alex02 @ Nov 11 2019, 12:58 PM)
Since he treated me unprofessionally I want to give it back at him by just ignoring what he tells me to do since I already tendered my resign notice so I feel like I'm no longer a part of the supermarket anymore even tho one is still being paid during notice period. I alr changed to part time recently so I only work Saturday and Sunday but despite that I'm still not happy w him... What do u think?
If you can hold on to a 'hot iron rod', go ahead.
ClericKilla
post Nov 12 2019, 01:19 PM

Regular
1,778 posts

Lord Tiki Mick

Please teach TS.
Lord Tiki Mick
post Nov 12 2019, 01:27 PM

Regular
1,018 posts

QUOTE(ClericKilla @ Nov 12 2019, 01:19 PM)
Lord Tiki Mick

Please teach TS.
He did the same as me. What more can I teach. sweat.gif
cheepet
post Nov 18 2019, 04:10 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

As long as you are still receiving salary you would have to do what your supervisor tell you to do.
abc2005
post Nov 19 2019, 12:21 AM

UNIVERSE is my CATALOGUE
2,076 posts

The next time you get this, make sure your phone recorder is on. That's the best way to shut him up immediately if he knows the consequences.
PrincZe
post Nov 20 2019, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

Hi, since u resigned, u don't need to do everything already. U can take your time, because your performance doesn't matter already. Yes u must still work, but u can take time. Example how to play it professionally, u can don't pick up. Said oh sorry was in a meeting or network problem. I'd there anything important? Most importantly is to reply but on a later note.

Don't rush, take time.
KeithWhis P
post Nov 20 2019, 03:28 PM

Probation
6 posts

The moment you resigned, you should start discussing with the handover process already. Typically if the things that can finish within your notice period you should finish it, and the rest should be passed on to someone responsible.

Insulting and humiliating you is definitely unacceptable approach and your tendering is good! Try to lay low till the end of your notice period ba. notworthy.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:35 PM