Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

zangief
post Mar 14 2020, 01:40 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 13 2020, 06:12 PM)
Guys wta my house had some power surge problem which burn my router and few other devices.

Wta when tm come over to inspect it will I have to pay the rm250 for the new router or will they just write it off as their fault??? When the real person at fault is tenaga Malaysia....
Sorry to hear that, I had the same problem last year.

1st, call TNB and and they will send someone over for inspection. You can either buy new or send damaged devices for repair. Make sure to ask repairman take pics of burnt/broken components. Then submit all receipt and pics to the person in charge. They will bank in to you after approval. Took about a week or two.

My router survived. BTU wasn't powering on and TM offered 2 options:

a) free replacement with 12 months contract.
b) pay RM 200-250 (iirc)

Later I found out that only the power adapter was dead. I have a spare from old devices with the same power rating and it worked. So I call TM and and cancel the appointment.

Help this helps.
zangief
post Mar 14 2020, 02:16 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 14 2020, 02:08 AM)
Thanks for the reply bro.
So for your case they send someone over to inspect your damages??? Bcs when I call up some grumpy guy told me to go to tnb office and fill up a form which I'm not too happy about bcs there is the Corona virus now and I am avoiding public air-conditioning places... If they can come to my house would be better.
No problem.

Yes, they did. It was quite serious and another 4-5 of my neighbors were affected. Let me ask my wife how she got in touch with TNB and let you know in the morning.
zangief
post Mar 14 2020, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 14 2020, 02:42 AM)
Thanks bro anything can pm me.
Morning, my wife said she called 15454. They sent someone over few days later and after inspection, told us to repair/replace all broken stuffs.

When we were done then my wife filled in the form and sent over repair pics, receipts etc.

We were asked to keep the broken stuff too but the person never came back.

Got rid of those after they bank in, around 3k.

In your case may be you can try calling again. If they insist then you'll have to visit a service center. Staffs there could be more helpful in person.

This post has been edited by zangief: Mar 14 2020, 09:35 AM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0269sec    0.12    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th June 2020 - 06:24 AM