Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

jusbella
post Yesterday, 08:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,195 posts

hey guy, want to ask ya.

For unifi using RJ11, which type of router I need to get? ADSL2 or VDSL2?

Also nowadays seems dsl unifi been using all in one modem ad, is there possible buy modem only?

Because someone bought wrong router, so now need modem only then connect to the new router.

This post has been edited by jusbella: Yesterday, 08:58 PM
AjkR06
post Yesterday, 08:56 PM

that's me
1,515 posts

QUOTE(ideaplus @ May 31 2020, 07:15 PM)
Thanks for the reply. Seems this practice is "valid" among all regions. Any other ways for non streamxy/TM users can do for obtaining fibre service? I terminated streamyx few years ago as told only 2Mbps at that moment. And it's really upset as the DP just opposite my neighbor's pole, but i can't/non qualified to apply. Can complaint to MCMC for this issue? cry.gif
Perhaps you can just proceed like what other member suggested before. Snap the picture of fdp, then head to the nearest tm point to subscribe. Good luck. Im still waiting for them to proceed the project at my taman. Initially, it was scheduled to be completed by Q3 2020, but delayed again until early Q1 2021 due to mco and current pandemic. smile.gif
sHawTY
post Yesterday, 09:03 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
12,401 posts

QUOTE(lpsoldier007 @ May 31 2020, 06:50 PM)
Is there any website to check Unifi fibre coverage? I cant find any.
None. Not sure why TM removed such feature from their website
That feature made it easier for everyone to find a place that has UniFi coverage if they ever need to move to a new location
izhamsatria
post Yesterday, 09:15 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(lpsoldier007 @ May 31 2020, 06:50 PM)
Is there any website to check Unifi fibre coverage? I cant find any.
QUOTE(sHawTY @ May 31 2020, 09:03 PM)
None. Not sure why TM removed such feature from their website
That feature made it easier for everyone to find a place that has UniFi coverage if they ever need to move to a new location
You can check using this link. It's from the sign up form on the official website.

This post has been edited by izhamsatria: Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Ebony & Ivory
post Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Enthusiast
887 posts

QUOTE(jusbella @ May 31 2020, 08:43 PM)
hey guy, want to ask ya.

For unifi using RJ11, which type of router I need to get? ADSL2 or VDSL2?

Also nowadays seems dsl unifi been using all in one modem ad, is there possible buy modem only?

Because someone bought wrong router, so now need modem only then connect to the new router.
you need to ask he subscribed to which package, because now days streamyx also known as unifi lite. sweat.gif

High rise 30m/50m & SUBB landed 10m, usually it is on VDSL2.

while landed 1m/2m/4m/8m, it is only ADSL2+.

ideaplus
post Yesterday, 11:52 PM

Casual
371 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ May 31 2020, 07:44 PM)
Once you saw DP already installed, it's time to quickly head to nearest TMPoint and register. For newly installed area, usually your address is not yet updated in the system, hence sometimes some agent may tell you that there is no coverage yet. But if you go to TMPoint they can process your application.
QUOTE(Rainings @ May 31 2020, 08:21 PM)
There is a code and number at the DP box. snap a picture and go to TM point immediately.
They will put u on the list if still no one apply or upgrade to fiber.
Thanks for all the replies. Actually i did provide the DP picture and proceed thumb print to one of the agent 2 days ago. And i submitted another request thru unifi application online and got the application reference number. So is it still need to heed to TM point for application?

ideaplus
post Today, 12:22 AM

Casual
371 posts

QUOTE(AjkR06 @ May 31 2020, 08:56 PM)
Perhaps you can just proceed like what other member suggested before. Snap the picture of fdp, then head to the nearest tm point to subscribe. Good luck. Im still waiting for them to proceed the project at my taman. Initially, it was scheduled to be completed by Q3 2020, but delayed again until early Q1 2021 due to mco and current pandemic. smile.gif
Sorry to hear about your taman's situation. Luckily those contractor still working on it in my taman in MCO period. I saw them writing the number in the yellow square of the pole today. I think i will wait the news from agent since he will have meeting with his manager next week. Will update the status here once got any good news.
mansooriqbal
post Today, 01:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,040 posts

QUOTE(Rainings @ May 30 2020, 04:52 PM)
lol, TM keep denying they offer this deal for customers.
I'm negotiating with TM right now.
user posted image
How to get this offer?
Rainings
post Today, 01:30 AM

On my way
592 posts

QUOTE(ideaplus @ May 31 2020, 11:52 PM)
Thanks for all the replies. Actually i did provide the DP picture and proceed thumb print to one of the agent 2 days ago. And i submitted another request thru unifi application online and got the application reference number. So is it still need to heed to TM point for application?
aiks sweat.gif ... why u went to agent instead of TM Point. By right TM Point should handle everything for u.
Right now if u get it via agent, maybe you will not get free 1 month bill.
Some forumer brought out if apply via agent, because TM need to pay commission to agent, you wont get free one month bill.
Not sure what can you do now, sit down or wait or if u need fiber desperately, i still recommend you go to TM point explain ur situation to them, maybe they can help you.
wailing81
post Today, 08:29 AM

Casual
324 posts

HI, all sifu, can you please enlighten me?

currenly my double storey house is undergoing renovation.
My contractor advise me to buy the fiber optic myself so that he can conceal it from the back of my house to the living hall.

May I know which type i should buy? will TM able to connect the fiber optic cable i installed?

thank you
sHawTY
post Today, 08:58 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
12,401 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Jun 1 2020, 08:29 AM)
Since you are doing renovation, I would suggest you also get the contractor to install 1 ethernet port in every room which will be connected to your store
This way, a lot of devices can be connected through ethernet and also allows you to install multiple access points so you can have a whole house WiFi with zero deadspots
junsheng
post Today, 09:41 AM

---> pokemon ftw <---
1,243 posts

QUOTE(wailing81 @ Jun 1 2020, 08:29 AM)
HI, all sifu, can you please enlighten me?

My contractor advise me to buy the fiber optic myself so that he can conceal it from the back of my house to the living hall.

May I know which type i should buy? will TM able to connect the fiber optic cable i installed?

thank you
from what i know, unifi, maxis and time all are using
sc to sc, simplex, single mode
not sure about recent new installation might still be the same i guess

anyway these fiber cables are not designed to be compressed or withstand expansion and contractiong without proper protection

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0316sec    0.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st June 2020 - 10:37 AM