Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

227 Pages « < 147 148 149 150 151 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

boxsystem
post Apr 4 2020, 08:51 PM

Legend
1,522 posts

QUOTE(dadah @ Apr 4 2020, 06:09 AM)
heard u people got throttled with twitch or p2p that is y no issue.
U sure?

I am using both Unifi and Maxis. Both are slow but Unifi takes the cake.
weezycheck
post Apr 4 2020, 09:56 PM

14 posts

Hi there, I would like to seek some advice regarding my wifi router setup.

Currently, I am using a Dlink DIR-842 C2 as the main router(located downstairs in the living room) and my Fibre Optic Modem is an old one provided by Unifi.

user posted image
user posted image

(Pictures taken from Google)

Based on my subscription, my current max speed is 500mbps, but on a Wifi speed test connected to the 2.4ghz, I only get 30mbps from my room( which is upstairs located at the far end of the house). I plan to have a setup to extend and have stable coverage both 2.4 and 5ghz connection around the house ( upstairs and downstairs ).

Currently in my thoughts is to ask Unifi to change my Fibre Modem( i believe the latest one is Huawei? I might be wrong) and get a Tenda router as the main router. Will that be sufficient?

Also, will Unifi charge a fee for the upgrade of the Fibre Modem? Looking forward to some advice, thank you

shloke2018
post Apr 4 2020, 10:46 PM

11 posts

I've just updated my monthly Unifi bill. Does anyone know why the bill credit utilisation is showing 1%?

Usiatlly, it display 0% upon the payment. Is this normal?

Thanks

user posted image
posthumous
post Apr 4 2020, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(weezycheck @ Apr 4 2020, 09:56 PM)

Based on my subscription,  my current max speed is 500mbps, but on a Wifi speed test connected to the 2.4ghz, I only get 30mbps from my room( which is upstairs located at the far end of the house).  I plan to have a setup to extend and have stable coverage both 2.4 and 5ghz connection around the house ( upstairs and downstairs ).

Currently in my thoughts is to ask Unifi to change my Fibre Modem( i believe the latest one is Huawei? I might be wrong) and get a Tenda router as the main router. Will that be sufficient?

Also, will Unifi charge a fee for the upgrade of the Fibre Modem? Looking forward to some advice, thank you
If you're trying to achieve a 500Mbps speed test on 2.4ghz in your room, you can't. Even standing beside your wireless router, the best you will probably get on 2.4ghz is about 150-180Mbps in a real world situation. That's the limitation of 2.4ghz
With 5ghz 802.11ac you could potentially get 500Mbps but I'm guessing the 5ghz is too weak in room because all the walls in the way?

If you want to cover your whole home with good wifi signal, you might want to look into a mesh wifi system.

A cheaper alternative is to convert an old router to a wireless AP, place it upstairs and run an Ethernet cable from the main router to that wireless AP.

If running a long ethernet cable is not an option, then you might want to get a pair of powerline adapters + wireless AP

Unless there are issues with your fiber modem and router, IMHO I don't think replacing those devices will significantly boost your wifi signal.

This post has been edited by posthumous: Apr 4 2020, 10:53 PM
weezycheck
post Apr 4 2020, 10:59 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(posthumous @ Apr 4 2020, 10:52 PM)
If you're trying to achieve a 500Mbps speed test on 2.4ghz in your room, you can't. Even standing beside your wireless router, the best you will probably get on 2.4ghz is about 150-180Mbps in a real world situation. That's the limitation of 2.4ghz
With 5ghz 802.11ac you could potentially get 500Mbps but I'm guessing the 5ghz is too weak in room because all the walls in the way?

If you want to cover your whole home with good wifi signal, you might want to look into a mesh wifi system.

A cheaper alternative is to convert an old router to a wireless AP, place it upstairs and run an Ethernet cable from the main router to that wireless AP.

If running a long ethernet cable is not an option, then you might want to get a pair of powerline adapters + wireless AP

Unless there are issues with your fiber modem and router, IMHO I don't think replacing those devices will significantly boost your wifi signal.
Yeap, not looking to get full 500mbps on a 2.4ghz, but at least 100mbps plus without any powerline adapter or wireless ap? Currently only able to get 30mbps plus from my room on 2.4ghz. 5ghz on the other hand, cannot reach to my room at all because of the walls and its very far from the main router.
boxsystem
post Apr 5 2020, 11:49 AM

Legend
1,522 posts

QUOTE(weezycheck @ Apr 4 2020, 10:59 PM)
Yeap, not looking to get full 500mbps on a 2.4ghz, but at least 100mbps plus without any powerline adapter or wireless ap? Currently only able to get 30mbps plus from my room on 2.4ghz. 5ghz on the other hand, cannot reach to my room at all because of the walls and its very far from the main router.
Double-story house?

I am currently using 2 routers with AiMesh function.

Decent speed of 100Mbps achievable via wifi.
MX510
post Apr 5 2020, 12:20 PM

Love Me Sin Hate Me Sinner
3,917 posts

user posted image

TM is practising speed capping i have to make 3 session for IDM to maximize 20 Mbps each download

lukemanz
post Apr 5 2020, 02:16 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(MX510 @ Apr 5 2020, 12:20 PM)
user posted image

TM is practising speed capping i have to make 3 session for IDM to maximize 20 Mbps each download
I thinks its depends on location and how congest was that area.
I test and result is I can still utilize 100% of my speed by downloading file from here: http://speedtest.tele2.net/

user posted image

Whereas download from https://speed.hetzner.de/ have similar speed to your experiences
MX510
post Apr 5 2020, 02:39 PM

Love Me Sin Hate Me Sinner
3,917 posts

*UPDATE*

NOC detected multiple links having traffic congestion pattern >90%. Congestion pattern observe started when Restriction Movement initiated on 18/3/2020.

*As 1/4/[email protected]: Observed 220 links with >90% utilization.190 links already offloaded.*

*Next Action Plan:*
- To perform links capacity upgrade & offloading by prioritizing on links having flat trend traffic & complains.
- Next offload activity tonight 2/4/2020 for area (Labuan, Alor Akar, Bukit Anggerik, Kg. Tawas)

1. Links were offloaded on 19/3/2020 (Rawang, Semenyih, Meru, Bintang, Kulim, Kota Bharu, Lapangan Terbang Subang, Sungai Buloh). ✅

2. Links were offloaded 20/3/2020 (2 x Alor Setar, Kuching, Batu Pahat, Paser Puteh (Perak), 2 x Tawau, Sungai Buloh, Maluri, Bandar Utama Seremban, Gombak, Senawang, Sibu, Hiliran, Keramat, 2 x Elapora) ✅

3. Links were offloaded on 21/3/2020 (Seberang Kaya,Teluk intan,2 x Air Keroh,Bangi, 2 x Kajang,Kuang,Malim,Miri,Melati,Pandan,Seremban,Taman Petaling,Butterworth) ✅

4. Links were offloaded on 22/3/2020 ( Ria,K.Bahru,Teruntum,Kota Kinabalu,Selayang Baru,Semenyih)✅

5. Links were offloaded on 23/3/2020 (Lutong,Melaka,Melawati,Semenyih,Setiawan,Teluk Intan,Kangar,Bayan Baru,Kubang Kerian,Temerloh,Putrajaya, 2 x Klang,Tasek Ampang,Kota Kinabalu,Jalan Kebun, 2 xTasek) ✅

6. Links were offloaded on 24/3/2020 (Setapak,Kepong,Puchong,Selayang Baru,Serdang,Balakong,Sg.Plong,Subang Jaya,Kinrara,Tmn.Petaling & Skudai) ✅

7. Link were offloaded on 25/3/2020 (Alor Setar (x2),Jalan Langat,Salak Tinggi,Sg Petani,Jitra,Bkt Tengah,Bintulu) ✅

8. Link were offloaded on 26/3/2020 (Cheras, Sg. Way, Bukit Angerik, Batu, Kinrara, Tampoi, Kepong, Balakong, Jln. Kebun, Taman Petaling, Teruntum, Rasah (x3), Kluang (x5)) ✅

9. Link were offloaded on 27/3/2020 (Batu Pahat, Gong Badak, Gombak, Sg. Buluh, Maluri, Putrajaya, Taiping, Seremban, Terengganu, Semenyih, Setiawan) ✅

10. Link were offloaded on 28/3/2020 (Muar,Komtar,Melaka (x4),Kelang (x2),Tasek (x2) ✅

11. Link were offloaded on 29/3/2020 HSBB (11) (Sg Petani , Salak Tinggi , Malim, Sg Buloh, Temerloh, Bintulu, 2x Puchong, Maluri, Petrajaya, Subang. HSBA (5) - Selayang Baru, Kajang, Shah Alam, Subang Jaya,Klang) ✅

12. Link were offloaded on 30/3/2020 (Rasah, Kuala Terengganu) ✅

13. Link were offloaded on 31/3/2020 (Saga, Serdang, Jalan Langat, Lapangan Terbang Subang, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Sentul, Kelana Jaya, Batu, Kepong, Pontian) ✅

14. Link were offloaded on 1/4/2020 (Johor Bahru, 2 x Kluang, Batu, Klang, RIA, Sg Petani,Salak Tinggi, Pontian) ✅

*Observation as of 1/[email protected]*

Impact: Unifi users at this area will experience slow browsing issue.

Central
- Bukit Anggerik, Taman Petaling, Kelana Jaya, Subang Jaya, Jalan Kebun, Klang, Kinrara, Selayang Baru, Subang Jaya, Lapangan Terbang Subang, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail

East Malaysia
- Inanam

Northern
- Ria

Southern
- Batu Pahat, Muar

Eastern
- None

Impact : Streamyx users at these area will experience slow browsing issue.

Batu Pahat, Muar, Tasek, Klang, Jelapang, Mengelembu, Kota Bharu, Kluang

ACR as of 1/[email protected]
TMBAU : 55.35%
TMUC: 55.17%
CTT Closed: 630/630

SOCMED status: Received complaint on Slow Browsing issue

Thank You

This one from insider
TSSilentVampire
post Apr 5 2020, 03:07 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,563 posts

QUOTE(weezycheck @ Apr 4 2020, 09:56 PM)
Hi there, I would like to seek some advice regarding my wifi router setup.

Currently, I am using a Dlink DIR-842 C2 as the main router(located downstairs in the living room) and my Fibre Optic Modem is an old one provided by Unifi.

user posted image
user posted image

(Pictures taken from Google)

Based on my subscription,  my current max speed is 500mbps, but on a Wifi speed test connected to the 2.4ghz, I only get 30mbps from my room( which is upstairs located at the far end of the house).  I plan to have a setup to extend and have stable coverage both 2.4 and 5ghz connection around the house ( upstairs and downstairs ).

Why do you need to change your modem/BTU? Look at the bottom of your modem/BTU and see the model, and refer to the first thread on the first page, to see if your modem/BTU support 1Gbps speed. If it supports 1Gbps speed, then you don't need to change. However, your router needs to be changed.

Tenda won't be sufficient. I would suggest that you change to a mesh WiFi solution. Deco M9 Plus would be my suggestion. You can try AiMesh too. But, having one single Tenda router won't be sufficient.

QUOTE(MX510 @ Apr 5 2020, 02:39 PM)
*UPDATE*

NOC detected multiple links having traffic congestion pattern >90%. Congestion pattern observe started when Restriction Movement initiated on 18/3/2020.

*As 1/4/[email protected]: Observed 220 links with >90% utilization.190 links already offloaded.*

- To perform links capacity upgrade & offloading by prioritizing on links having flat trend traffic & complains.
- Next offload activity tonight 2/4/2020 for area (Labuan, Alor Akar, Bukit Anggerik, Kg. Tawas)

1. Links were offloaded on 19/3/2020 (Rawang, Semenyih, Meru, Bintang, Kulim, Kota Bharu, Lapangan Terbang Subang, Sungai Buloh). ✅

2. Links were offloaded 20/3/2020 (2 x Alor Setar, Kuching, Batu Pahat, Paser Puteh (Perak), 2 x Tawau, Sungai Buloh, Maluri, Bandar Utama Seremban, Gombak, Senawang, Sibu, Hiliran, Keramat, 2 x Elapora) ✅

3. Links were offloaded on 21/3/2020 (Seberang Kaya,Teluk intan,2 x Air Keroh,Bangi, 2 x Kajang,Kuang,Malim,Miri,Melati,Pandan,Seremban,Taman Petaling,Butterworth) ✅

4. Links were offloaded on 22/3/2020 ( Ria,K.Bahru,Teruntum,Kota Kinabalu,Selayang Baru,Semenyih)✅

5. Links were offloaded on 23/3/2020 (Lutong,Melaka,Melawati,Semenyih,Setiawan,Teluk Intan,Kangar,Bayan Baru,Kubang Kerian,Temerloh,Putrajaya, 2 x Klang,Tasek Ampang,Kota Kinabalu,Jalan Kebun, 2 xTasek) ✅

6. Links were offloaded on 24/3/2020 (Setapak,Kepong,Puchong,Selayang Baru,Serdang,Balakong,Sg.Plong,Subang Jaya,Kinrara,Tmn.Petaling & Skudai) ✅

7. Link were offloaded on 25/3/2020 (Alor Setar (x2),Jalan Langat,Salak Tinggi,Sg Petani,Jitra,Bkt Tengah,Bintulu) ✅

8. Link were offloaded on 26/3/2020 (Cheras, Sg. Way, Bukit Angerik, Batu, Kinrara, Tampoi, Kepong, Balakong, Jln. Kebun, Taman Petaling, Teruntum, Rasah (x3), Kluang (x5)) ✅

9. Link were offloaded on 27/3/2020 (Batu Pahat, Gong Badak, Gombak, Sg. Buluh, Maluri, Putrajaya, Taiping, Seremban, Terengganu, Semenyih, Setiawan) ✅

10. Link were offloaded on 28/3/2020 (Muar,Komtar,Melaka (x4),Kelang (x2),Tasek (x2) ✅

11.  Link were offloaded on 29/3/2020 HSBB (11) (Sg Petani , Salak Tinggi , Malim, Sg Buloh, Temerloh, Bintulu, 2x Puchong, Maluri, Petrajaya, Subang. HSBA (5) - Selayang Baru, Kajang, Shah Alam, Subang Jaya,Klang) ✅

13. Link were offloaded on 31/3/2020 (Saga, Serdang, Jalan Langat, Lapangan Terbang Subang, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Sentul, Kelana Jaya, Batu, Kepong, Pontian) ✅

14. Link were offloaded on 1/4/2020 (Johor Bahru, 2 x Kluang, Batu, Klang, RIA, Sg Petani,Salak Tinggi, Pontian) ✅

Central
-  Bukit Anggerik, Taman Petaling, Kelana Jaya, Subang Jaya, Jalan Kebun, Klang, Kinrara, Selayang Baru, Subang Jaya, Lapangan Terbang Subang, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail

East Malaysia
- Inanam

Northern
- Ria

Southern
- Batu Pahat, Muar

Eastern
- None

Thank You

This one from insider
It looks legit. Offloading links eh? I thought TM doesn't cap any traffic according to them smh.
lukemanz
post Apr 5 2020, 04:52 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

*UPDATE*

11.  Link were offloaded on 29/3/2020 HSBB (11) (Sg Petani , Salak Tinggi , Malim, Sg Buloh, Temerloh, Bintulu, 2x Puchong, Maluri, Petrajaya, Subang. HSBA (5) - Selayang Baru, Kajang, Shah Alam, Subang Jaya,Klang) ✅

Central
-  Bukit Anggerik, Taman Petaling, Kelana Jaya, Subang Jaya, Jalan Kebun, Klang, Kinrara, Selayang Baru, Subang Jaya, Lapangan Terbang Subang, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail

East Malaysia
- Inanam

Northern
- Ria

Southern
- Batu Pahat, Muar

Eastern
- None

Thank You

This one from insider
Thanks thumbsup.gif
Seems like TM have bad planning or they purposely using reactive option rather than proactive option.
Proactive=Hard to justify capacity upgrade due to no previous record (MCO never happen in Malaysia for previous 20 years)
Reactive=Tonnes of complain and congestion, concrete justification for capacity upgrade
dadah
post Apr 5 2020, 06:52 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

i made few reports to tm and they keep on say that there is nothing wrong with my internet. I give them my ping + packet loss stats and they still say that 300+ ping and almost 100% packet loss is ok.
Xnet
post Apr 5 2020, 08:28 PM

Regular
1,786 posts

QUOTE(dadah @ Apr 5 2020, 06:52 PM)
i made few reports to tm and they keep on say that there is nothing wrong with my internet. I give them my ping + packet loss stats and they still say that 300+ ping and almost 100% packet loss is ok.
MCMC.
TM won't do shit
soonwai
post Apr 5 2020, 10:40 PM

7,645 posts

QUOTE(dadah @ Apr 5 2020, 06:52 PM)
Post the IPs you reported, get more ppl to report. For those who don't know how to, teach them.
go626201
post Apr 6 2020, 11:45 AM

On my way
531 posts

from my last 2 weeks experience,if speed started drop to about 1/5 speed,then reboot router for few times,may get a new session of unifi and speed will come back to 4/5 speed.
And also now seems like got 2-3 different set of routing for different ips block,
Some connect to sg better but some will get higher latency and packet loss issue due to the routing line congestion.
And also some ips block using the overloaded routing will unable to connect games like overwatch or having high latency issue to some games.
So from my view, reboot for few more times and test the ping to choose which ips is better for your usage.
Otherwise,get a vpn that works best with the specific ips block will be a good choice for now.
(Cloudflare Warp for PC coming soon,so guys can subscribe mails for the beta Cloudflare Blog)
heLL_bOy
post Apr 6 2020, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

*UPDATE*

Central

East Malaysia
- Inanam

Northern
- Ria

Southern
- Batu Pahat, Muar

Eastern
- None

Thank You

This one from insider
thanks for your info...

morning receive call from TM side asking the connection whether improve or not...
sivanathan04
post Apr 6 2020, 11:40 PM

On my way
699 posts

Hi friends I need advice pls.Last month my area covered with unifi so from 8mbps streamyx I subscribe to unifi 30mbps.When using streamyx I have problem with video buffering so experts from here help me to disable the ipv6 and all back to normal but still having issue with high quality stream because low mbps.But now with unifi I have similar problem with video buffering.Even with straight connection by lan video stream still buffers.Dns already change to Google dns and I disable the ipv6 too but buffers still happen.Any way to solve this problem or any other tweak there ? I'm using netis router provide by tm..I'm suspect netis modem might be the problem but better I test everything before spend the money on router..Speed test from ookla show 30mbps,ms around 8..(buffers happen before pkp too)..

This post has been edited by sivanathan04: Apr 6 2020, 11:41 PM
sHawTY
post Apr 7 2020, 12:43 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
12,447 posts

QUOTE(weezycheck @ Apr 4 2020, 10:59 PM)
Forget 100Mb/s on 2.4GHz. You need devices that supports 2x2 MIMO and run the 2.4GHz at 40MHz bandwidth to get 100Mb/s on 2.4GHz. And download speed, you'll barely reach 90Mb/s on 40MHz

Just forget 2.4GHz and forget routers provided by TM. Your BTU is fine
Buy your own router. Such as the ASUS ZenWiFi AC CT8 so you can place each AP on each floor and get 5GHz all around the house

This post has been edited by sHawTY: Apr 7 2020, 12:46 AM
pakji
post Apr 7 2020, 12:53 AM

Regular
1,385 posts

QUOTE(sivanathan04 @ Apr 6 2020, 11:40 PM)
Hi friends I need advice pls.Last month my area covered with unifi so from 8mbps streamyx I subscribe to unifi 30mbps.When using streamyx I have problem with video buffering so experts from here help me to disable the ipv6 and all back to normal but still having issue with high quality stream because low mbps.But now with unifi I have similar problem with video buffering.Even with straight connection by lan video stream still buffers.Dns already change to Google dns and I disable the ipv6 too but buffers still happen.Any way to solve this problem or any other tweak there ? I'm using netis router provide by tm..I'm suspect netis modem might be the problem but better I test everything before spend the money on router..Speed test from ookla show 30mbps,ms around 8..(buffers happen before pkp too)..
netis router provide by tm is very bad
confirm router problem cannot do anyting
you try setting and tweak wont be effect but still buffer so cannot do

i using ASUS RT-AC68U no more problem almost stable i using 100mbps full speed we use lan cable pc desktop and mobile phone wifi all most stable no more buffering

if you do netis setting and tweak will not effect still problem can't do anything

This post has been edited by pakji: Apr 7 2020, 01:46 AM
sivanathan04
post Apr 7 2020, 07:13 AM

On my way
699 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ Apr 7 2020, 12:53 AM)
netis router provide by tm is very bad
confirm router problem cannot do anyting
you try setting and tweak wont be effect but still buffer so cannot do

i using ASUS RT-AC68U no more problem almost stable i using 100mbps full speed we use lan cable pc desktop and mobile phone wifi all most stable no more buffering

if you do netis setting and tweak will not effect still problem can't do anything
Thank you for the advice bro...really appreciate it..Asus is out of my budget bro any other router recommendation just single person use no sharing..I saw a router mercusys ac12g at blacktubi website is it good replacement for netis or still will be the same like netis.Actually I start to regret with unifi luckily if it's a router problem I can settled it easily.

This post has been edited by sivanathan04: Apr 7 2020, 07:15 AM

227 Pages « < 147 148 149 150 151 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0261sec    0.93    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 5th June 2020 - 09:16 PM