Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

268 Pages « < 117 118 119 120 121 > » Bottom

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

JustcallmeLarry
post Mar 14 2020, 02:08 AM

Regular
1,222 posts

QUOTE(zangief @ Mar 14 2020, 01:40 AM)
Sorry to hear that, I had the same problem last year.

1st, call TNB and and they will send someone over for inspection. You can either buy new or send damaged devices for repair. Make sure to ask repairman take pics of burnt/broken components. Then submit all receipt and pics to the person in charge. They will bank in to you after approval. Took about a week or two.

My router survived. BTU wasn't powering on and TM offered 2 options:

a) free replacement with 12 months contract.
b) pay RM 200-250 (iirc)

Later I found out that only the power adapter was dead. I have a spare from old devices with the same power rating and it worked. So I call TM and and cancel the appointment.

Help this helps.
Thanks for the reply bro.
So for your case they send someone over to inspect your damages??? Bcs when I call up some grumpy guy told me to go to tnb office and fill up a form which I'm not too happy about bcs there is the Corona virus now and I am avoiding public air-conditioning places... If they can come to my house would be better.
zangief
post Mar 14 2020, 02:16 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 14 2020, 02:08 AM)
Thanks for the reply bro.
So for your case they send someone over to inspect your damages??? Bcs when I call up some grumpy guy told me to go to tnb office and fill up a form which I'm not too happy about bcs there is the Corona virus now and I am avoiding public air-conditioning places... If they can come to my house would be better.
No problem.

Yes, they did. It was quite serious and another 4-5 of my neighbors were affected. Let me ask my wife how she got in touch with TNB and let you know in the morning.
JustcallmeLarry
post Mar 14 2020, 02:42 AM

Regular
1,222 posts

QUOTE(zangief @ Mar 14 2020, 02:16 AM)
No problem.

Yes, they did. It was quite serious and another 4-5 of my neighbors were affected. Let me ask my wife how she got in touch with TNB and let you know in the morning.
Thanks bro anything can pm me.
zangief
post Mar 14 2020, 09:31 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 14 2020, 02:42 AM)
Thanks bro anything can pm me.
Morning, my wife said she called 15454. They sent someone over few days later and after inspection, told us to repair/replace all broken stuffs.

When we were done then my wife filled in the form and sent over repair pics, receipts etc.

We were asked to keep the broken stuff too but the person never came back.

Got rid of those after they bank in, around 3k.

In your case may be you can try calling again. If they insist then you'll have to visit a service center. Staffs there could be more helpful in person.

This post has been edited by zangief: Mar 14 2020, 09:35 AM
JustcallmeLarry
post Mar 14 2020, 05:17 PM

Regular
1,222 posts

QUOTE(zangief @ Mar 14 2020, 09:31 AM)
Morning, my wife said she called 15454. They sent someone over few days later and after inspection, told us to repair/replace all broken stuffs.

When we were done then my wife filled in the form and sent over repair pics, receipts etc.

We were asked to keep the broken stuff too but the person never came back.

Got rid of those after they bank in, around 3k.

In your case may be you can try calling again. If they insist then you'll have to visit a service center. Staffs there could be more helpful in person.
Ok thanks for the help bro.
sHawTY
post Mar 15 2020, 01:11 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
12,669 posts

SilentVampire we should create a topic that lists all places that has UniFi / Maxis Fiber & Time Fiber coverage
Also for UniFi & Maxis Fiber, we should separate between FTTH / VDSL

It can help people whose looking for internet coverage
Spawny
post Mar 15 2020, 02:27 PM

Lets do this
588 posts

Seems Unifi has been inconsistent this days, I'm on 800mbps and some days it will show around 300mbps on speedtest, i have to reset the modem and router and speed will return back to 8000mbps. Then it will happen again on another day, does this happen to you guys?
haturaya
post Mar 15 2020, 04:55 PM

Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,535 posts

QUOTE(Spawny @ Mar 15 2020, 02:27 PM)
Seems Unifi has been inconsistent this days, I'm on 800mbps and some days it will show around 300mbps on speedtest, i have to reset the modem and router and speed will return back to 8000mbps. Then it will happen again on another day, does this happen to you guys?
Similar in Shah Alam, on 100mbps, but the speed can be as 'fast' as dial up. Intermittent, no pattern. rclxub.gif
TSSilentVampire
post Mar 15 2020, 06:29 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,577 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Mar 15 2020, 01:11 PM)
SilentVampire we should create a topic that lists all places that has UniFi / Maxis Fiber & Time Fiber coverage
Also for UniFi & Maxis Fiber, we should separate between FTTH / VDSL

It can help people whose looking for internet coverage
I agree, but it would be quite hard to keep track of all the places tbh.

This post has been edited by SilentVampire: Mar 15 2020, 06:30 PM
lockmunk
post Mar 15 2020, 07:09 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

Hi guys, i'm just switched from maxis fiber to tm unifi recently. i have one problem when using unifi which is when i streaming on myiptv apps, it is very lag on unifi. previously when using maxis, this never happen. i use same router DIR-882. other people also facing this problem. is there any way to solve this? or need to do something on router setting?
DarkSpiritX
post Mar 15 2020, 08:10 PM

24 posts

my unifi line not stable now..
100mb package but when speedtest
1st test 80mb, 2nd 90mb, 3rd 60mb..
wtf tmnet sleep.gif
blacktubi
post Mar 15 2020, 08:43 PM

-
Group Icon
Elite
6,174 posts

Hey Unifi folks, how's your speed lately?

TIME has been really slow and unstable lately, just wondering if Unifi is affected as well.

soonwai
post Mar 15 2020, 09:07 PM

7,773 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Mar 15 2020, 08:43 PM)

TIME has been really slow and unstable lately, just wondering if Unifi is affected as well.
Both having problems. I can switch between my Unifi 800 and TIME 1G in another house (via a VPN). In general Unifi seems to be even slower than TIME. Just simple observations at the moment. Haven’t had time to really look into it.
dadah
post Mar 15 2020, 09:46 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

unifi slow with international websites. My torrents is always full speed anytime i download.
Dylnyat
post Mar 15 2020, 09:56 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

Sifu!!!!

Should i upgrade my unifi from 50mbps to 100mbps??

N right now im on nettis modem.

I have this problem, and this effect to all devices,

When i try to load an email/twitter/my cctv. It keep on loading. But it stay like that, like no internet access. When i chat with tm cs, it say. My internet is okay. But why i get this problem?
go626201
post Mar 15 2020, 09:59 PM

On my way
559 posts

QUOTE(Dylnyat @ Mar 15 2020, 09:56 PM)
Sifu!!!!

Should i upgrade my unifi from 50mbps to 100mbps??
N right now im on nettis modem.
I have this problem, and this effect to all devices,

When i try to load an email/twitter/my cctv. It keep on loading. But it stay like that, like no internet access. When i chat with tm cs, it say. My internet is okay. But why i get this problem?
Change your router 1st.
If still got problem try a vpn,if still not enough speed then upgrade plan.
Normally speed will not be a problem for your 3 usage.

QUOTE(lockmunk @ Mar 15 2020, 07:09 PM)
Hi guys, i'm just switched from maxis fiber to tm unifi recently. i have one problem when using unifi which is when i streaming on myiptv apps, it is very lag on unifi. previously when using maxis, this never happen. i use same router DIR-882. other people also facing this problem. is there any way to solve this? or need to do something on router setting?
Get a VPN is the only way for solving the problem.
No others way can be solve with changing configuration with router setting.

QUOTE(Spawny @ Mar 15 2020, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE(haturaya @ Mar 15 2020, 04:55 PM)
Similar in Shah Alam, on 100mbps, but the speed can be as 'fast' as dial up. Intermittent, no pattern.  rclxub.gif
QUOTE(DarkSpiritX @ Mar 15 2020, 08:10 PM)
my unifi line not stable now..
100mb package but when speedtest
1st test 80mb, 2nd 90mb, 3rd 60mb..
wtf tmnet sleep.gif

QUOTE(soonwai @ Mar 15 2020, 09:07 PM)
Both having problems. I can switch between my Unifi 800 and TIME 1G in another house (via a VPN). In general Unifi seems to be even slower than TIME. Just simple observations at the moment. Haven’t had time to really look into it.
QUOTE(dadah @ Mar 15 2020, 09:46 PM)
unifi slow with international websites. My torrents is always full speed anytime i download.
Maybe nowadays Covid-19 let a lot of people scare,so ISP cant handle so many user to run with full speed la..haha
But now seems like unifi still got problem to any network that out of malaysia.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
OVH is special case,as the peering between OVH SG and TM is ridiculous overload in night.(will degrade over 60% on weekdays,and 80% on weekends.

This post has been edited by go626201: Mar 15 2020, 10:15 PM
Dylnyat
post Mar 15 2020, 10:04 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(go626201 @ Mar 15 2020, 09:59 PM)
Change your router 1st.
If still got problem try a vpn,if still not enough speed then upgrade plan.
Normally speed will not be a problem for your 3 usage.
I keep asking tm to change my modem... buttttt they wont change it.Last time on streamyx, i can reset n change my modem. But this?? Unifi, not easy. N i did reset my modem previously, but i can't reconnect the btu n modem, and no internet access after that. I have to make report and the tm people come and fix it.
go626201
post Mar 15 2020, 10:18 PM

On my way
559 posts

QUOTE(Dylnyat @ Mar 15 2020, 10:04 PM)
I keep asking tm to change my modem... buttttt they wont change it.Last time on streamyx, i can reset n change my modem. But this?? Unifi, not easy. N i did reset my modem previously, but i can't reconnect the btu n modem, and no internet access after that. I have to make report and the tm people come and fix it.
Just buy your own asus router,any router that given by tm either so-so or got problem.
Router can reset,but u need the pppoe id and password.
BTU cant reset.

Now TM cant earn money,so change other router for user without broken is no possible.
Dylnyat
post Mar 15 2020, 10:29 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(go626201 @ Mar 15 2020, 10:18 PM)
Just buy your own asus router,any router that given by tm either so-so or got problem.
Router can reset,but u need the pppoe id and password.
BTU cant reset.

Now TM cant earn money,so change other router for user without broken is no possible.
I was going to but i scared wei. When i bought the router. It won't work.

Because that day, i have try. The pppoee n password i logged in. But damnnnnn it didn't work. I panic and chat with the cs to make report.

Fuhhh nasib i no need pay, because this is own fault for touching n resetting the modem.

shaktiv8
post Mar 15 2020, 11:20 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

Hi, is anybody still experiencing high ping and packet loss on fortnite ? I’ve tried middle east and Asian servers and they are both the same.

This morning was okay, now unplayable

268 Pages « < 117 118 119 120 121 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0286sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th August 2020 - 06:04 PM