Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

149 Pages « < 116 117 118 119 120 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO! (Unifi)

views

dadah
post Mar 13 2020, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

has anyone reported to tm on this international routing issue? Tried to make a report but they say since my issue night time only i kena so i can only report night time.
craxors
post Mar 13 2020, 03:09 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

is this website legit? hmm.gif
unifi fibre chk coverage

top right.... WhatsApp Us: +6016 3838 388
user posted image

but when click whatsapp... the contact info;
user posted image

hmm.gif

or my pc kene malware already.... sweat.gif
lockmunk
post Mar 13 2020, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 13 2020, 03:09 PM)
is this website legit?  hmm.gif
unifi fibre chk coverage

user posted image

user posted image

hmm.gif

or my pc kene malware already....  sweat.gif
hahahaa maybe this person is agent for unifi & time. or maybe previously he time agent, now only do unifi, or upside down.
craxors
post Mar 13 2020, 04:22 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(lockmunk @ Mar 13 2020, 04:12 PM)
hahahaa maybe this person is agent for unifi & time. or maybe previously he time agent, now only do unifi, or upside down.
hopefully tm aware of this...

inb4 why our business go down lately... sweat.gif
heLL_bOy
post Mar 13 2020, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(dadah @ Mar 13 2020, 03:00 PM)
has anyone reported to tm on this international routing issue? Tried to make a report but they say since my issue night time only i kena so i can only report night time.
i just spam on unifi facebook on the issue... the unifi team pm thru facebook... they had done port reset for me... the high latency / loss packet was over... i not sure maybe due to the ip range... from morning i also encounter high ping / loss packet...

Maybe you could try to ask them port reset..
heLL_bOy
post Mar 13 2020, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 13 2020, 03:09 PM)
is this website legit?  hmm.gif
unifi fibre chk coverage

user posted image

user posted image

hmm.gif

or my pc kene malware already....  sweat.gif
this site is not legit... go their official site to check better.
craxors
post Mar 13 2020, 04:28 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(heLL_bOy @ Mar 13 2020, 04:26 PM)
this site is not legit... go their official site to check better.
can share which link to check unifi fibre coverage?

tq.
solarmystic
post Mar 13 2020, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
164 posts

EDIT:- Problem solved, Just had to wait an extra day for contact lol.

Anyone been through a fiber restoration process around these parts?

I'm on a landed property, 100M package.

I have a severe issue where the red link light on my fiber ONU is completely off, which possibly indicates a fiber break somewhere between my house and the node down the street.

I've already filed a report on Wednesday via 100. The report is still open.

A TM technician team got back to me on Thursday, and visited the premises.

He checked the line with his partner on the end at the fiber node box using a red laser emitting device (green mini box on the ground), and there was no response, and thus he said it was a cable fault for sure, and not a modem fault.

He then said that because my installation is a non standard one, it's not up to him to check the condition of the cable around my house, and that a contractor would be assigned to do it instead.
The assigned contractor would contact me using the same number within the same day I was told.

So I waited the entirety of yesterday and today, but no contact was forthcoming. I called up the TM helpline again today and used the unifi chat, and they both said that all I can do was wait to be contacted by the contractor.

Is there anything I can do to expedite the process? I just want a confirmed contact from the contractor to show that the process is moving along, and not being held up somewhere in the bureaucracy. How long does it usually take to be contacted by the contractor for a date and time to come?

Sorry for the wall of text, this has never happened to me before using UNIFI these past years and until the past few days I had been very satisfied with my connection.

This post has been edited by solarmystic: Mar 14 2020, 06:02 PM
heLL_bOy
post Mar 13 2020, 05:22 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(craxors @ Mar 13 2020, 04:28 PM)
can share which link to check unifi fibre coverage?

tq.
you try register your info inside here.... https://unifi.com.my/unifi-en/ijoin/registr...n_form_new.page

after that you input your address it will show up whether have coverage or not! or you may check whether your area behind the TM pole does have the unifi box installed? if have high possible there are...
craxors
post Mar 13 2020, 05:27 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(heLL_bOy @ Mar 13 2020, 05:22 PM)
you try register your info inside here.... https://unifi.com.my/unifi-en/ijoin/registr...n_form_new.page

after that you input your address it will show up whether have coverage or not! or you may check whether your area behind the TM pole does have the unifi box installed? if have high possible there are...
noted.

tq sir.
choobee
post Mar 13 2020, 05:38 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

Sorry if it's been asked, is anyone else having problems with WeTransfer speeds as well? Uploading 100mb (home unifi 500Mbit speed) takes 1 minute on a normal day, but lately it's quite often that the same 100mb takes over an hour. Interestingly, it usually goes back to normal the next day.
Other websites like google drive and sendgb have no such problems. My friend has confirmed this same behaviour at his house as well.

Any ideas, sifus here? Can someone help me test uploading too?
JustcallmeLarry
post Mar 13 2020, 06:12 PM

Regular
1,171 posts

Guys wta my house had some power surge problem which burn my router and few other devices.

Wta when tm come over to inspect it will I have to pay the rm250 for the new router or will they just write it off as their fault??? When the real person at fault is tenaga Malaysia....
sHawTY
post Mar 13 2020, 07:29 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
12,175 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 13 2020, 06:12 PM)
Guys wta my house had some power surge problem which burn my router and few other devices.

Wta when tm come over to inspect it will I have to pay the rm250 for the new router or will they just write it off as their fault??? When the real person at fault is tenaga Malaysia....
It's not TM's fault, so why should they pay for it? Tak puas hati with the power surge, claim with TNB, not TM

For the BTU, yes they will replace it for free because the BTU carries lifetime warranty
For the router, buy your own lah, no need to renew contract and what not. I suggest ASUS RT-AC86U
izhamsatria
post Mar 13 2020, 07:41 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(choobee @ Mar 13 2020, 05:38 PM)
Sorry if it's been asked, is anyone else having problems with WeTransfer speeds as well? Uploading 100mb (home unifi 500Mbit speed) takes 1 minute on a normal day, but lately it's quite often that the same 100mb takes over an hour. Interestingly, it usually goes back to normal the next day.
Other websites like google drive and sendgb have no such problems. My friend has confirmed this same behaviour at his house as well.

Any ideas, sifus here? Can someone help me test uploading too?
Tested with unifi 500M, upload slow around <10M.
While maxis fibre can get full speed at 50M

Network congestion of unifi?
izhamsatria
post Mar 13 2020, 07:42 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

Deleted: Double post

This post has been edited by izhamsatria: Mar 13 2020, 07:43 PM
heLL_bOy
post Mar 13 2020, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(izhamsatria @ Mar 13 2020, 07:41 PM)
Tested with unifi 500M, upload slow around <10M.
While maxis fibre can get full speed at 50M

Network congestion of unifi?
Yes... i think unifi network has been congested and overload... with high latency and loss packet also effected the speeds. this happen since last sunday till now
JustcallmeLarry
post Mar 14 2020, 01:28 AM

Regular
1,171 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Mar 13 2020, 07:29 PM)
It's not TM's fault, so why should they pay for it? Tak puas hati with the power surge, claim with TNB, not TM

For the BTU, yes they will replace it for free because the BTU carries lifetime warranty
For the router, buy your own lah, no need to renew contract and what not. I suggest ASUS RT-AC86U
How much is that router I Google it I see few hundred more then what tm quote me. If can I don't want to pay anything bcs I have damages that include few thousands bcs of that surge.
JustcallmeLarry
post Mar 14 2020, 01:29 AM

Regular
1,171 posts

QUOTE(heLL_bOy @ Mar 13 2020, 10:19 PM)
Yes... i think unifi network has been congested and overload... with high latency and loss packet also effected the speeds. this happen since last sunday till now
Would maxis home fiber have this problem also since they are quite new to the scene??
zangief
post Mar 14 2020, 01:40 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 13 2020, 06:12 PM)

Sorry to hear that, I had the same problem last year.

1st, call TNB and and they will send someone over for inspection. You can either buy new or send damaged devices for repair. Make sure to ask repairman take pics of burnt/broken components. Then submit all receipt and pics to the person in charge. They will bank in to you after approval. Took about a week or two.

My router survived. BTU wasn't powering on and TM offered 2 options:

a) free replacement with 12 months contract.
b) pay RM 200-250 (iirc)

Later I found out that only the power adapter was dead. I have a spare from old devices with the same power rating and it worked. So I call TM and and cancel the appointment.

Help this helps.
heLL_bOy
post Mar 14 2020, 01:42 AM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Mar 14 2020, 01:29 AM)
Would maxis home fiber have this problem also since they are quite new to the scene??
hahaha... i no idea on it... as i don't have maxis fiber...

149 Pages « < 116 117 118 119 120 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0270sec    1.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th April 2020 - 01:55 PM