Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
377 Pages « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO!

views

Rhetoric
post Mar 7 2020, 08:47 PM

On my way
514 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Mar 7 2020, 08:13 PM)
I see you are a man of culture as well, cough cough... drool.gif
https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/s...ing-up-1.1.1.1/

1.0.0.1 are IPv4 addresses
while
2606:4700:4700::1111
2606:4700:4700::1001 are IPv6

both should be under your router's dns setting
Hell yeah it works. Thanks.
Maxieos
post Mar 7 2020, 08:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

I want to ask , will someone get penalty to cancel unifi after submitted the form ?
Have not installation unifi , just summit the form to those agent but got call from unifi tech to install and rejected the installation.?

Not me , I really hope to get unifi , asking behalf of someone.
SUSpakji
post Mar 7 2020, 10:22 PM

Regular
1,386 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Mar 7 2020, 05:39 PM)
Because at the moment those plus box users won't be getting HyppTv (no box, no tv) hence getting discount off their bills...
Once you get the box with service activated, of course, TM will start charging for the service innocent.gif
i don't need (no box, no tv) we don't need box i like prefer discount 300mbps RM139 nice someone 500mbps RM159 nice
24month contract i agree

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Mar 7 2020, 07:37 PM)
too bad cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif after 3 month will be no more discount will back rm199 expensive i am sad
viruz
post Mar 7 2020, 11:37 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

Hi all:

I am on unifi 800mbps plan but most of the time I can only get around 400mbps download on speedtest at TM side, even I have upgraded to TP-Link AX1500 router.
SUSpakji
post Mar 8 2020, 12:18 AM

Regular
1,386 posts

QUOTE(viruz @ Mar 7 2020, 11:37 PM)
Hi all:

I am on unifi 800mbps plan but most of the time I can only get around 400mbps download on speedtest at TM side, even I have upgraded to TP-Link AX1500 router.
maybe TP-Link AX1500 router unable handle

try LAN Cable i think will get full speed 800mbps
i am sure not tm side

wifi cannot full speed

look you TP-Link AX1500 router its cheaper RM3xx that cannot get full speed

i never buy tplink its crap

i using asus rt-ac68u expensive but will get full speed i still using 100mbps

waiting launch 800mbps tm

This post has been edited by pakji: Mar 8 2020, 12:19 AM
viruz
post Mar 8 2020, 12:59 AM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ Mar 8 2020, 12:18 AM)
maybe TP-Link AX1500 router unable handle

try LAN Cable i think will get full speed 800mbps
i am sure not tm side

wifi cannot full speed

look you TP-Link AX1500 router its cheaper RM3xx that cannot get full speed

i never buy tplink its crap

i using asus rt-ac68u expensive but will get full speed i still using 100mbps

waiting launch 800mbps tm
err...AX1500 confirmed can support 1Gbps by blacktubi

btw I tested using cat 5e LAN
SUSpakji
post Mar 8 2020, 01:24 AM

Regular
1,386 posts

QUOTE(viruz @ Mar 8 2020, 12:59 AM)

you try CAT 6
viruz
post Mar 8 2020, 01:33 AM

Enthusiast
817 posts

will try to get one and test it.
soonwai
post Mar 8 2020, 01:56 AM

9,989 posts

QUOTE(viruz @ Mar 8 2020, 01:33 AM)
will try to get one and test it.
Cat 5e is more than enough for 1Gbps. Try another cable first.
Krv23490
post Mar 8 2020, 10:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,150 posts

Damn, woke up this morning with no Unifi, LOS light blinking red the unifi router thingy
AV_2018
post Mar 8 2020, 11:29 AM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(viruz @ Mar 7 2020, 11:37 PM)
Hi all:

I know Chrome running on older Intel CPU that has been patched for Meltdown/Spectre security flaw is unable to reach 800Mbps on TM Speedtest site too. Can try use Speedtest.net app to test instead of test using browser to find out if it's browser/CPU limitation or not.
Maxieos
post Mar 8 2020, 07:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,667 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Mar 7 2020, 08:48 PM)
I want to ask , will someone  get penalty to cancel unifi after submitted the form ?
Have not installation unifi , just summit the form to those agent but got call from unifi tech to install and rejected the installation.?

Not me , I really hope to get unifi , asking behalf of someone.
Any one happen to come across ?
blacktubi
post Mar 9 2020, 09:12 AM

-
Group Icon
Elite
7,508 posts

QUOTE(viruz @ Mar 8 2020, 12:59 AM)

The Archer AX10 from TP-Link does run the full 1Gbps on my TIME Internet. It actually uses the same CPU as the ASUS RT-AX3000 anyways.

What is the maximum wired LAN speed on your old router?

Just to rule out a speed compatibility issue with VLAN but it is unlikely.
tydell
post Mar 9 2020, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Sharing my experience with Unifi so that all of you could learn something.

I have unifi 100 mbps still under contract. I moved to a new place. New place don't have unifi, as Time build the infrastructure here and also got free internet for 2 years.

I called 100 and tell them my intention to terminate. The agent ask for a reason. I told him I'm moving out and the new place don't have unifi services. I ask about early termination fee, he said should be waived since no service available. He asked me to request for termination in online portal. This is like a 30 days notice to them. I am also asked to return BTU once I got SMS from TM.

Got SMS, return the BTU. Then the agent at TMPoint asked me to wait for final bill. I said I want to request for waiver for the final bill (which is the early termination fee) because my new area don't have Unifi service. She said need to wait for the final bill first then request. I said ok and leave.

Few day later I got final bill and it is RM 1200 ++. This is ridiculous but not worry at the time because the first agent said I could request for waiver.
I call them up again and the agent ask for RELOCATION FORM. I said there is no relocation form because I know there is no Unifi service. I also ask why the first agent didn't mention anything about RELOCATION FORM? Typical answer is he don't know, different department. I told him, here is my current address please check if there is any service. He said please email my request.

On another note, I am Unifi customer since 2012. in 2018 I already subscribed to 100 mbps, paying about 190. Same year they have this turbo upgrade 800mbps.
The only thing that I got new from this upgrade is new BTU and new Dlink router. I still have hypp TV box from 2012 and they said it is not part of the upgrade. Don't matter to me as I never watched them.
I use auto debit to pay my bills since beginning. So my payment was never late in fact always on time.

Even though the turbo upgrade is 800mbps, but the Dlink router they provided cannot even go to that speed. I could get 800 on cable but who uses cable?
The best I could get is around 400-500 on wifi. I call them up and ask about this, they said the guaranteed speed is only on cable. I wish I know earlier but what can I do?
Anyhow I downgrade my internet to 100 mbps for about 129. Because of this, contract renewed for 2 years.

Back to the story, when I got the final bill, I forgot to cancel my auto debit and they debited the RM 1200++ from my card. I'm so furious because apparently they can debit which ever amount for what ever reason.
Clearly this is not bill payment. There may be something in TOS but my advise to all you now, STOP YOUR AUTODEBIT NOW! JUST MAKE A REMINDER ON YOUR PHONE.

Not much I can do about autodebit now, because my account already terminated the portal no longer have the option to cancel autodebit.

I have exchanged so many email with them now and still no resolution on my waiver. They still insist on the relocation form. Every single time, the person who replied the email are different person.
One person even recommended that even if Unifi not available at the area, there are possibility Streamyx is available. So the recommendation is to subscribe to streamyx to avoid paying the penalty.
I replied, this is probably the stupidest recommendation that I have heard.. How you are assigned to a customer service is a mystery. Do you even read your own answer? I said why should I go for Streamyx which is an inferior internet service from 20 years ago and stuck with bad internet connection and also bad service in 2020? I have 1gbps speed now and you want me to go for streamyx? This guy clearly don't have common sense.

Later other person replied and apologize for the inconveniences. They are working on second level management on this case and will get back to me in 15 days.
Even if got the waiver, it may take longer for me to get back my money. Even if I don't get the refund, its fine at least I don't have to deal with them anymore.

So take whatever lesson you can learn from my story here.
I summarized below.

1. Think carefully before you upgrade the speed. Check for other services like Maxis or TM, they have flat early termination fee, so less headache.
2. CANCEL YOUR AUTODEBIT NO MATTER WHAT YOUR REASONS. RM 2 rebate is too insignificant nowadays.
3. If you have been a loyal customer to TM for a very long time and think that they will treat better? You never late on your payments? It is a myth. They are like any other companies.
4. Before you cancel make sure you read the TOS. Relocation form is a must to avoid all of these nonsense.
5. The customer service agent don't know everything. You need to be on top of everything.
6. Don't subscribed to Unifi if you have a choice.

This post has been edited by tydell: Mar 9 2020, 01:28 PM
xAmdx
post Mar 9 2020, 01:28 PM

Casual
485 posts

QUOTE(tydell @ Mar 9 2020, 01:18 PM)

I have unifi 100 mbps still under contract. I moved to a new place. New place don't have unifi, as Time build the infrastructure here and also got free internet for 2 years.

I called 100 and tell them my intention to terminate. The agent ask for a reason. I told him I'm moving out and the new place don't have unifi services. I ask about early termination fee, he said should be waived since no service available. He asked me to request for termination in online portal. This is like a 30 days notice to them. I am also asked to return BTU once I got SMS from TM.

Got SMS, return the BTU. Then the agent at TMPoint asked me to wait for final bill. I said I want to request for waiver for the final bill (which is the early termination fee) because my new area don't have Unifi service. She said need to wait for the final bill first then request. I said ok and leave.

Few day later I got final bill and it is RM 1200 ++. This is ridiculous but not worry at the time because the first agent said I could request for waiver.
I call them up again and the agent ask for RELOCATION FORM. I said there is no relocation form because I know there is no Unifi service. I also ask why the first agent didn't mention anything about RELOCATION FORM? Typical answer is he don't know, different department. I told him, here is my current address please check if there is any service. He said please email my request.

On another note, I am Unifi customer since 2012. in 2018 I already subscribed to 100 mbps, paying about 190. Same year they have this turbo upgrade 800mbps.
The only thing that I got new from this upgrade is new BTU and new Dlink router. I still have hypp TV box from 2012 and they said it is not part of the upgrade. Don't matter to me as I never watched them.
I use auto debit to pay my bills since beginning. So my payment was never late in fact always on time.

Even though the turbo upgrade is 800mbps, but the Dlink router they provided cannot even go to that speed. I could get 800 on cable but who uses cable?
The best I could get is around 400-500 on wifi. I call them up and ask about this, they said the guaranteed speed is only on cable. I wish I know earlier but what can I do?
Anyhow I downgrade my internet to 100 mbps for about 129. Because of this, contract renewed for 2 years.

Back to the story, when I got the final bill, I forgot to cancel my auto debit and they debited the RM 1200++ from my card. I'm so furious because apparently they can't debit which ever amount for what ever reason.
Clearly this is not bill payment. There may be something in TOS but my advise to all you now, STOP YOUR AUTODEBIT NOW! JUST MAKE A REMINDER ON YOUR PHONE.

Not much I can do about autodebit now, because my account already terminated the portal no longer have the option to cancel autodebit.

I have exchanged so many email with them now and still no resolution on my waiver. They still insist on the relocation form. Every single time, the person who replied the email are different person.
One person even recommended that even if Unifi not available at the area, there are possibility Streamyx is possible. So the recommendation is to subscribe to streamyx to avoid paying the penalty.
I replied, this is my stupidest recommendation ever. How you are assigned to a customer service is a mystery. Do you even read your own answer? I said why should I go for Streamyx which is an inferior internet service from 20 years ago and stuck with bad internet connection and also bad service in 2020? I have 1gbps speed now and you want me to go for streamyx? This guy clearly don't have common sense.

Later other person replied and apologize for the inconveniences. They are working on second level management on this case and will get back to me in 15 days.
Even if got the waiver, it may take longer for me to get back my money. Even if I don't get the refund, its fine at least I don't have to deal with them anymore.

I summarized below.

1. Think carefully before you upgrade the speed. Check for other services like Maxis or TM, they have flat early termination fee, so less headache.
2. CANCEL YOUR AUTODEBIT NO MATTER WHAT YOUR REASONS. RM 2 rebate is too insignificant nowadays.
3. If you have been a loyal customer to TM for a very long time and think that they will treat better? You never late on your payments? It is a myth. They are like any other companies.
4. Before you cancel make sure you read the TOS. Relocation form is a must to avoid all of these nonsense.
5. The customer service agent don't know everything. You need to be on top of everything.
Thx for sharing, its a laughing joke that TM still not able to Unifi to old apartments in KL/selangor in 2020. My kampung house is still using streamyx and I can imagine if I been advise to use that on my KL home I will piss off too.
haturaya
post Mar 9 2020, 05:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

Back to the story, when I got the final bill, I forgot to cancel my auto debit and they debited the RM 1200++ from my card. I'm so furious because apparently they can debit which ever amount for what ever reason.

One person even recommended that even if Unifi not available at the area, there are possibility Streamyx is available. So the recommendation is to subscribe to streamyx to avoid paying the penalty.
I replied, this is probably the stupidest recommendation that I have heard.. How you are assigned to a customer service is a mystery. Do you even read your own answer? I said why should I go for Streamyx which is an inferior internet service from 20 years ago and stuck with bad internet connection and also bad service in 2020? I have 1gbps speed now and you want me to go for streamyx? This guy clearly don't have common sense.

I summarized below.

Regarding autodebit... I never use them. It's a 'scam' that allows them to debit any amount they please... whistling.gif

Do keep us updated regarding your refund.

Blast a complaint to MCMC.

viruz
post Mar 9 2020, 09:01 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Mar 9 2020, 09:12 AM)
The Archer AX10 from TP-Link does run the full 1Gbps on my TIME Internet. It actually uses the same CPU as the ASUS RT-AX3000 anyways.

What is the maximum wired LAN speed on your old router?

Just to rule out a speed compatibility issue with VLAN but it is unlikely.
I think could be bottleneck on at my PC, I am running win10 on first generation i7-965 on X58 chipset mobo, which has no official drivers support for win10.

I run speed test at TMnet side, I get about 300++Mbps, but if I restarted the PC and run the test without additional load on the CPU, I could get 500-600Mbps.

Anyway just my guess though, still need to do more test.
SUSCandy12
post Mar 9 2020, 09:10 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

I summarized below.

Good write up, Tydell.

To do this much scam in broad daylight, I find it funny that our authorities are not taking any action against their unfair auto debit practices.
As we all know TM's early termination penalty is the most expensive in the country and it doesn't make much sense to impose full repayment of remaining months of your contract if you terminate early.

Why so?

They've been cutting costs in every corner possible for some time now.
From proper standard installation that provides demarc boxes that separates both outdoor weather proof/indoor 3M fibre cables and wall socket boxes, they pulled the outdoor black cable straight into your home and connect it directly to your fibre ONT/modem.

Then from providing branded routers, they went on to giving you the cheapest plastic possible now which is the orange colored Netis routers.

So what justifies the need to impose such high early termination fees which costs the subscribers thousands for? Their equipment and cheap materials in bulk purchase might not even reach RM300 per subscriber.
SUSCandy12
post Mar 9 2020, 09:14 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

TM Getting Legally Pursued to Pay Up For Its IPTV Solutions From Singaporean based HK provider, Vodoke of RM144M

Hong Kong based Vodoke Asia Pacific Limited, via its fully owned subsidiary in Singapore, Vodoke Pte Ltd is seeking a total of US$34.54 million (approximately RM144.39 million) from Telekom Malaysia Bhd ™ from a dispute in 2015.

TM, the self-claimed National 5G Infrastructure Provider, in a filling to Bursa Malaysia said it received a notification from the Registrar, Singapore International Arbitration Centre of the commencement of an arbitration by Vodoke Pte Ltd.

Vodeke said that TM failed to pay for an initial order of 30,000 units of VPL’s “IPTV Package” in 2015.

TM said it will “defend” the claim.

VPL is seeking the following reliefs from TM:

(a) An order that TM pays VPL the sum of USD 540,000 owing in respect of VPL’s invoice no. TM16090001 dated 1 September 2016 or alternatively, damages for failing to pay the full amount due under the initial order of 30,000 units of VPL’s “IPTV Package” in 2015;

(b) An order that TM pays VPL reasonable damages, to be assessed, for its breach of clause 5.2 of the CA read with clause 1.1, which defines the term “Minimum Purchase Order”, and in clause 2.1, which defines the period of the CA. In this regard, an initial quantification of damages as a result of TM’s breach, is estimated to be in the region of USD 34 million;

© An order that TM pays VPL reasonable damages including but not limited to damages for the loss of advertising revenue, such damages to be assessed, for its breach of clause 3.1 of the CA; and

(d) An order that TM pays VPL reasonable damages including but not limited to damages for the loss of advertising revenue, such damages to be assessed, for its breach of clauses 11.2 and 11.3 of the CA.

TM has instructed its solicitors to take the necessary steps to defend the claim.

https://www.malaysianwireless.com/2020/03/v...om-malaysia-tm/

haturaya
post Mar 9 2020, 09:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Mar 9 2020, 09:10 PM)
Good write up, Tydell.

To do this much scam in broad daylight, I find it funny that our authorities are not taking any action against their unfair auto debit practices.
As we all know TM's early termination penalty is the most expensive in the country and it doesn't make much sense to impose full repayment of remaining months of your contract if you terminate early.

Why so?

They've been cutting costs in every corner possible for some time now.
From proper standard installation that provides demarc boxes that separates both outdoor weather proof/indoor 3M fibre cables and wall socket boxes, they pulled the outdoor black cable straight into your home and connect it directly to your fibre ONT/modem.

Then from providing branded routers, they went on to giving you the cheapest plastic possible now which is the orange colored Netis routers.

So what justifies the need to impose such high early termination fees which costs the subscribers thousands for? Their equipment and cheap materials in bulk purchase might not even reach RM300 per subscriber.
TM is one of government cash cow. The government is one of major stakeholder. whistling.gif sweat.gif

377 Pages « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0341sec    0.49    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:23 AM