Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V38, READ 1ST PAGE FOR TURBO SPEED INFO!

views

QuantumEdge
post Jan 2 2021, 09:51 AM

Regular
1,148 posts

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Jan 2 2021, 06:40 AM)
As for lowest rm69 promotion packages 30mb , what BTU did we get ?  ( i did ask at previous post https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=99428755 )

I read some of the post here , TM give us some cheap BTU and router.If you don't put a fan or restart them both a few times a every week , we will be getting slow connection.

Also , i see read a user post saying if BTU spoil need to pay to buy a new one and do own setting.
At BTU what setting we can change if connection slow ? if getting a new BTU from shope or laz ? must certified by unifi ? what setting to match the current BTU setting ?

Does resetting port = restart BTU ? because mostly on tech support 100 call by TM always asked to turn off the BTU.
Overall reason is have faster connection without overheat but turning off the BTU does help sometimes.

Can we extend a fast connector from one end to the other end ?
Just wanted to extend the the fiber connect to BTU to other location temporary.Need to use the wall plug for other usage for a week,  but the connector connect to BTU is just 1 meter length.

What kind of adapter standard Unifi is using ? just want to extend it temporary.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
How much does it cost ?

Buy an adapter and fiber cable connect both and I can move the BTU futher to other place.
1. Equipments provided are random, all depends on the stock of your installer...BTU for 30-800mbps all the same
Neighbour installed on the same day as mine, he got Nokia BTU+Orange Netis router while I got the white Huawei+white astech router.
Unless you are getting Fiberhome BTU, no problems what so ever.
You don't need to restart BTU, router is the main cause of slowdowns.
I'm using AX20 with Huawei BTU, for 4 months never restart BTU but setup daily restarts for the router. So far not once it dipped below 100mbps for me.

2. Yes you can extend fast connector to one end, simple solution.
Just get one of those SC-SC connector(RM4 per piece)+ SC-SC patch cord(RM18 for 10m).

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
cba5566
post Jan 2 2021, 10:47 AM

Casual
415 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Jan 2 2021, 09:51 AM)
1. Equipments provided are random, all depends on the stock of your installer...BTU for 30-800mbps all the same
Neighbour installed on the same day as mine, he got Nokia BTU+Orange Netis router while I got the white Huawei+white astech router.
I'm using AX20 with Huawei BTU, for 4 months never restart BTU but setup daily restarts for the router. So far not once it dipped below 100mbps for me.

Just get one of those SC-SC connector(RM4 per piece)+ SC-SC patch cord(RM18 for 10m).
For the yellow patch cord , we need to use one male and one female connector , right ?

QuantumEdge
post Jan 2 2021, 10:52 AM

Regular
1,148 posts

QUOTE(cba5566 @ Jan 2 2021, 10:47 AM)
For the yellow patch cord , we need to use one male and one female connector , right ?
I think any sc-sc connector will do, both female connector
Still need an adapter tho

This post has been edited by QuantumEdge: Jan 2 2021, 11:06 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
cba5566
post Jan 2 2021, 11:02 AM

Casual
415 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Jan 2 2021, 10:52 AM)
I think any sc-sc connector will do, both female connector
Shopee got sell ready made sc-sc connector patch cord ...
But both connectors are male type.

The photo u upload is the correct one .
Don't know why shopee seller sell the male type connector ?

QuantumEdge
post Jan 2 2021, 11:14 AM

Regular
1,148 posts

QUOTE(cba5566 @ Jan 2 2021, 11:02 AM)

Get an adapter

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSSilentVampire
post Jan 2 2021, 11:16 AM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(Guenhwyvar @ Jan 1 2021, 11:59 PM)
Hi there, I have a question to clarify about the router password given by TM, is it an one time password or it remains the same until it being asked again by the owner?  Say if I want to change to another router, can I still use the same password? Thank you.  smile.gif
PPPoE password is a one-time password that can only be changed by TM, and you can change router password yourself. Other forumers have helped you with that rclxms.gif

QUOTE(Maxieos @ Jan 2 2021, 06:40 AM)
As for lowest rm69 promotion packages 30mb , what BTU did we get ?  ( i did ask at previous post https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=99428755 )

I read some of the post here , TM give us some cheap BTU and router.If you don't put a fan or restart them both a few times a every week , we will be getting slow connection.

Also , i see read a user post saying if BTU spoil need to pay to buy a new one and do own setting.
At BTU what setting we can change if connection slow ? if getting a new BTU from shope or laz ? must certified by unifi ? what setting to match the current BTU setting ?

Does resetting port = restart BTU ? because mostly on tech support 100 call by TM always asked to turn off the BTU.
Overall reason is have faster connection without overheat but turning off the BTU does help sometimes.

BTU is provided by TM, it is lifetime warranty. You can't change it by yourself. Just get it from TM if it is not working properly anymore. You can get your own router. BTU rarely overheat. I think you are confusing router with BTU.
cba5566
post Jan 2 2021, 11:54 AM

Casual
415 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Jan 2 2021, 11:14 AM)
Get an adapter
I get it.
Thanks for the photo. smile.gif

cba5566
post Jan 2 2021, 12:19 PM

Casual
415 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Jan 2 2021, 09:51 AM)

Observed that u made ur own fiber patch cord .
Did u own fiber cut tool ?
Can amateur do the patch cord make job ? unsure.gif

QuantumEdge
post Jan 2 2021, 12:24 PM

Regular
1,148 posts

QUOTE(cba5566 @ Jan 2 2021, 12:19 PM)
Observed that u made ur own fiber patch cord .
Did u own fiber cut tool ?
Can amateur do the patch cord make job ?  unsure.gif
No no no no I didn't make my own, you can buy those patch cord ready-made.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
SUSCandy12
post Jan 2 2021, 12:37 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(cba5566 @ Jan 2 2021, 11:02 AM)

Check the colour of the connector which is plugged into the fibre modem(ONT) whether it's blue(UPC) or green(APC) first before buying the correcy type.

The newer installations of Time and TNB Allo are known to use the more expensive and higher performance APC type in Malaysia while TM still uses the UPC type commonly in Malaysia.

Malaysia and China is known to use the cheaper UPC(blue) type while advanced countries in Europe, Singapore and US all mostly using APC type(green).

user posted image

UPC vs APC Connector: Selecting the Right Fiber Connector Type

user posted image

https://community.fs.com/blog/pc-vs-upc-vs-...ector-type.html

Performance

It used to be hard to achieve low insertion loss using APC connectors owing to the air gap in the apex offsets, yet nowadays the improvement of connector design and manufacturing push APC connectors to perform better. The insertion difference between APC and UPC has been diminished.

As for the performance of return loss, you may have noticed APC connectors have the lowest back reflection of all the fiber connectors mentioned owing to the angled endface. For this reason, the values of the return loss are different. According to the industry standards, the return loss of PC, UPC, and APC connectors is respectively about -40dB, -50dB, and -60dB or higher. The higher the return loss is, the lower the reflection and the better the connector performance will be. It proves that APC connectors are higher-performing among the connectors listed.

This post has been edited by Candy12: Jan 2 2021, 12:37 PM
SUSCandy12
post Jan 2 2021, 12:39 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(QuantumEdge @ Jan 2 2021, 11:14 AM)
Get an adapter
Or you can call it a SC-SC coupler.
TSSilentVampire
post Jan 2 2021, 12:44 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

Topic closed. Continue here for V39: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=5081177

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:55 PM