Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Import tax buying monitor from Taobao?, Do we need to pay import tax?

views

yhcyber
post Nov 5 2019, 05:40 PM

Casual
444 posts

My last purchase on vacuum robot cost around RM700 tax me 6% standard, just for your reference

Bought and shipped through official Taobao Seaship
yhcyber
post Nov 5 2019, 05:48 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(kkl888 @ Nov 5 2019, 05:42 PM)
Nice~ i think 6% is still reasonable. I'm just afraid it goes up to 40%
If you are not declared as per item value, there will be the chances you get penalty up to 200%, that's what my ex-taobao(Dai Gou in mandarin) purchaser told. Usually if you ship through official channel, then you have no worries on this penalty issue, the transporter will do the clearance for you smile.gif

If you are using 3rd party transporter, then you will need to ask them properly, as nowadays our custom very efficient on the checking.
yhcyber
post Nov 6 2019, 11:54 AM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(kkl888 @ Nov 6 2019, 10:34 AM)
I went to Kastam's specific department called Penjenisan. The officer analysed for me and found out all LCD monitors are subjected to 25% import duty and 5% SST, total 30%  shocking.gif Damn alot. I think I better buy Dell monitor locally, at least it's way cheaper and better spec at this point
The word "subjected" is very tricky, it means the justification is on custom officer that inspecting your goods. Usually it won't be tax if the declaration and quantity is reasonable (another tricky word).

I would suggest to use the proper channel on the delivery to avoid those issues. The delivery company will know what to do on your item smile.gif
yhcyber
post Nov 6 2019, 12:45 PM

Casual
444 posts

QUOTE(kkl888 @ Nov 6 2019, 12:08 PM)
Sry i think I should not use "subjected". The officer said it's confirmed 25% + 5% tax, be it 1 item or bulk quantity. I also checked from Taobao website and it mentions we need to handle tax ourself when reach destination country custom. https://world.taobao.com/helper/knowledge.h...&kid=1000030481

Big delivery company like DHL will handle for u, then they collect the money from u. I also consulted Pos Malaysia. For their case, we need pay another RM50 for them as agent to handle the tax if ur item kena tahan at kastam, unless we go to custom ourself. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I am not sure on this, last round when i get my robot, after done drop order by sea shipment, Taobao will redirect me the another page to pay the tax, after done the payment then everything goes smooth.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.98    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th May 2020 - 01:33 PM