Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda 1.5T enjin, Kena kenching?

views

wkc5657
post Nov 6 2019, 12:06 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(Aloha31TEC @ Nov 5 2019, 10:40 PM)
Cars nowadays should be better than the past in term of engine efficiency, safety and ease of maintenance.
And also a large dose of built to cost and planned obsolescence, certain parts just won't last beyond certain point of time.

Hence repairs are costlier and more often come in sets instead of individual small components. Quicker turnaround and margin for the dealers.

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Nov 6 2019, 12:07 PM
wkc5657
post Nov 7 2019, 02:23 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(Aloha31TEC @ Nov 6 2019, 10:49 PM)
Actually people expect car last for how long?

In engineering point of view, there must be a life of car in required spec before design a car.

Come to the part selection stages, engineers will select the most suitable one based on cost and part performance.

Maybe Japanese car with a life spec target of 15 years but conti cars for 10 years.
This one hard to say, but look indirectly through financing structures and other vehicular related regulations. What i'm saying here is purely my opinion, but i don't think i'm shitting nonsense either :

For western brands, quite a big portion of drivers don't buy cars, they lease them (for whatever reason). And leasing terms usually range around 3 to 4 years. The "coincidental" thing is that, facelifts also within this period of time, coincidence right? icon_idea.gif These cars also minimally serviced (seriously minimal, some even don't give a damn about changing the engine oil. Why give a shit when not the owner of the car right?). Driving in such condition, first 3-4 years, hardly will show much problem. Ex fleet/lease buyers, buy at own risk and hope the previous owner not so lazy.

So since majority of drive their car in such a manner, no point over engineer it too much. Ball park guestimate, 5 years/150,000km for trouble free driving generally.

For japanese, there's some sort of environmental/government regulation relating to car age, that it gets more and more expensive as the cars ages. So usually by year 5, this "penalty" starts to get uneconomical to keep the current car, so dispose. Japanese cars being quite a work horse, 3rd world countries prefer them as get to still use them reliably (or to suckers like us that prize their 2nd hand recon cars). But due to japanese ethics and their slightly different perspective in engineering their craft, even their so-so level of quality is quite above average generally. But due to the 08/09 great recession and some bad influence from their western counterparts (or 1st tier contractors), some of the hardball cost cutting starts showing up.

wkc5657
post Nov 14 2019, 10:29 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Nov 13 2019, 11:59 PM)
Because this thread is talking about Civic 1.5T and fuel pump failure is one of the issues plaguing this model in Malaysia.
This is something new to me.

The dedicated civic thread mainly complaining about some bad interior fittings and some transmission jerking and vsa module clicking, no one saying anything about fuel pump. Am i missing something?
wkc5657
post Nov 14 2019, 04:35 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Nov 14 2019, 10:59 AM)
There are reports of the 1.5T (Civic and CRV) fuel pump getting clogged then fail when they use RON97 petrol from a certain brand.
oh my....isn't it that ron97 have "better" additives than ron95...this is so weird....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.83    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:06 PM