views

chiahau
post Nov 5 2019, 11:11 AM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
13,224 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ Nov 5 2019, 09:34 AM)
eh why become ex liao
Crazy family, wants me to donate a fixed portion of salary to church and them.

Better go find someone richer tongue.gif
TStalentrecruiter
post Nov 5 2019, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 5 2019, 11:11 AM)

Better go find someone richer  tongue.gif
Your salary how much?
zstan
post Nov 5 2019, 12:38 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,468 posts

hmm.gif hmm.gif hmm.gif interesting...
chiahau
post Nov 5 2019, 03:30 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
13,224 posts

QUOTE(talentrecruiter @ Nov 5 2019, 11:16 AM)
Your salary how much?
/k/ Standard, I think.

Or maybe more. Idk.

Does it matter?

QUOTE(zstan @ Nov 5 2019, 12:38 PM)
hmm.gif  hmm.gif  hmm.gif  interesting...
laugh.gif Next time you come KL we sembang la.
Justin.Loong
post Nov 6 2019, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

This is only in Protestant churches. moneyflies.gif
Catholic churches don't have this kind of "tithe". innocent.gif
chiahau
post Nov 6 2019, 01:15 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
13,224 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Nov 6 2019, 11:09 AM)
This is only in Protestant churches. moneyflies.gif 
Catholic churches don't have this kind of "tithe".  innocent.gif
Whatsoever it is, I’m not donating my celery away to an organization that does not conform to my idea of charity.
Justin.Loong
post Nov 6 2019, 02:56 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Nov 6 2019, 01:15 PM)
Whatsoever it is, I’m not donating my celery away to an organization that does not conform to my idea of charity.
True. You only give based on your own conscience and ability. nod.gif moneyflies.gif
Yggdrasil
post Nov 6 2019, 08:38 PM

Enthusiast
726 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Nov 6 2019, 02:56 PM)
True. You only give based on your own conscience and ability.  nod.gif  moneyflies.gif
Giving 10% of income is called tithing and is an old law that Jews follow. It is no longer required but people like to misuse passages for their benefit.
Justin.Loong
post Nov 7 2019, 08:28 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Yggdrasil @ Nov 6 2019, 08:38 PM)
Giving 10% of income is called tithing and is an old law that Jews follow. It is no longer required but people like to misuse passages for their benefit.
nod.gif
tutuyao
post Nov 8 2019, 04:44 PM

noob
823 posts

QUOTE(LarryPizzaGuy @ Nov 4 2019, 12:38 AM)
Just so you know...

Some Christian Church that I've encountered have this stupid rule..

Must bring 1 non-Christian friend to church per week.

Must convert at least 1 non-Christian friend per month.

---

If they've failed to achieve those stupid numbers.. they have failed God..

Why?

Because they've failed to provide salvation to those non-Christian; those non-Christians will GO TO HELL; unless they convert into Christianity and believe in Jesus Christ/Holy Spirit/God to save their soul.

---

True story.

GET OUT NOW.
what kind of nonsense is this?

yeah I turned down an offer to become a Christian once and I got cursed that I'll be going to hell. What?
tifosi
post Nov 8 2019, 06:03 PM

Friend is someone to share last Cookie with!
4,323 posts

QUOTE(LarryPizzaGuy @ Nov 4 2019, 12:38 AM)
Just so you know...

Some Christian Church that I've encountered have this stupid rule..

Must bring 1 non-Christian friend to church per week.

Must convert at least 1 non-Christian friend per month.

---

If they've failed to achieve those stupid numbers.. they have failed God..

Why?

Because they've failed to provide salvation to those non-Christian; those non-Christians will GO TO HELL; unless they convert into Christianity and believe in Jesus Christ/Holy Spirit/God to save their soul.

---

True story.

GET OUT NOW.
I met these people before. Politely rejected them telling them I've my own faith and don't bother trying on me. Then she wanted to give me a book about Christianity, Of course I say don't waste the book on me, you have better chance for other ppl. Still so persistent, and I got bengang scold them this month you quota to God haven't complete is it? How many more sales you want to close. Looks like you're going to hell. See you there. laugh.gif

QUOTE(vinnyming @ Nov 5 2019, 08:59 AM)
So, to TS, if you don't see yourself converting anytime soon, better let her know. Or it's going to be a contest between you and Christ.
There's no contest. It's always Christ from my exp.
LarryPizzaGuy
post Nov 8 2019, 10:41 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(tutuyao @ Nov 8 2019, 04:44 PM)
what kind of nonsense is this?

yeah I turned down an offer to become a Christian once and I got cursed that I'll be going to hell. What?
The main reason why I didn't convert (back then I grew up and studied in a Christian+Catholic background) was that the only solution to all their problem... was God.

Q: You got pregnant?
A: It's God plan. (Bukan the dumbass BF syok happy pancut dalam)

Q: You've failed your course?
A: God must've wanted you to do other course. Because God knows what you're strength and interest at. (Like wtf.. you sendiri lazy and take no interest in studying is part of "God's" plan?)

Q: Najib got caught.
A: It's God's plan to punish the wicked. (Take glory in the fall of others, that's God's intention).

QUOTE(tifosi @ Nov 8 2019, 06:03 PM)
I met these people before. Politely rejected them telling them I've my own faith and don't bother trying on me. Then she wanted to give me a book about Christianity, Of course I say don't waste the book on me, you have better chance for other ppl. Still so persistent, and I got bengang scold them this month you quota to God haven't complete is it? How many more sales you want to close. Looks like you're going to hell. See you there. laugh.gif
There's no contest. It's always Christ from my exp.
I love playing the devil's advocate when I'm hanging out with those bunch of fella.

You could test by questioning their faith and believe and take joy in seeing them struggling to enforce their believe with their wisdom from "God". devil.gif
Yggdrasil
post Nov 10 2019, 01:09 AM

Enthusiast
726 posts

My experience was a little bit different. Then again there are so many types of Christians from different denominations.

QUOTE(LarryPizzaGuy @ Nov 8 2019, 10:41 PM)
Q: You got pregnant?
A: It's God plan. (Bukan the dumbass BF syok happy pancut dalam)
From Protestant circles:
Actually, dating is kinda prohibited unless both the male and female can get married in the near future.
Even if they were to date, their parents have to consent first. This means the female introducing the male to her parents and vice versa.

Firstly, I presume you are referring to pregnancy out of wedlock.
How Christians treat a girl who is pregnant out of wedlock depends on whether the girl was Christian or not.
If she was a Christian and is pregnant before marriage, some Christians may shun the person and see her as inferior or something because she broke the law.

However, this is not the case from my experience.
I know a Christian couple who has a Cambodian maid. This maid is Christian and follows the family to church.
But! She has limited knowledge about the bible, the laws and how a good Christian should behave due to lack of knowledge or low IQ.
Anyways, this maid was allowed to leave the house on weekends to meet her friends.
One day, she was pregnant and it was revealed that she slept with a Bangladeshi foreigner.
This Christian couple did not fire her but treated her well. As she had no money, they bought her baby milk powder (expensive) and diapers.
There was once she stole money (quite a large sum of RM2k+). The couple did not pursue the matter as she was desperate.
The maid is still working for them today.

Q: You've failed your course?
A: God must've wanted you to do other course. Because God knows what you're strength and interest at. (Like wtf.. you sendiri lazy and take no interest in studying is part of "God's" plan?)
This really depends on their mentality.
There are lazy Christians who like to spend 24/7 in church just as an excuse to avoid studying.
They would rather spend time with friends instead.

Then again, there are Christians who actually pay attention to their studies and work hard.
These people believe that in order for them to help the poor and weak, they have to get money first.

Q: Najib got caught.
A: It's God's plan to punish the wicked. (Take glory in the fall of others, that's God's intention).
Ironically, the Bible actually did not talk about politics much. Even if the government is bad, Christians should not complain because they were elected and chosen by God.
When the early Christians were persecuted by the government (Roman Empire), the New Testament told Christians to just obey the government whether good or bad.
When Christianity was banned in public, Christians had secret meetings in private instead.

I love playing the devil's advocate when I'm hanging out with those bunch of fella.

You could test by questioning their faith and believe and take joy in seeing them struggling to enforce their believe with their wisdom from "God". devil.gif
I think this is rude. If you want to be an atheist, stop being vocal about it.
Yes I have met many 'ignorant' Christians who is just Christian because their parents are Christians.

There's one guy who claimed he used to be a back sliding Christian. Then one day, he got a vision of hell that made him scared. He also had a vision of heaven and saw Jesus.
I asked him whether heaven had clouds and a queue to line up or it was super efficient that there was no queues biggrin.gif He did not answer.
I also asked him whether he saw YHWH. He asked me what is YHWH. YHWH is actually the Hebrew name of God. Surprised he did not know about this.
The smoking gun was I asked him who was 666 and he claimed it was a anti-Christ that will come in future thumbup.gif He gave me a 'prewritten' answer probably given by his pastor.
Anyways, for those who don't know, 666/616 is referring to Nero Caesar. Anyone who claims that it's an anti-Christ that will come in future probably doesn't know anything/read the Bible in context.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0324sec    1.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 10:20 PM