[ Standard ] · Linear+

> Digital TV Malaysia v2, Malaysian Digital Terrestrial TV

views

joshhd
post Aug 4 2020, 10:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,552 posts

QUOTE(doubleM2 @ Aug 4 2020, 03:04 AM)
Funny la. I saw some FB comments on the Awesome TV page, some viewers want this channel to have its own newscast at primetime (8 pm). Like every time new channel launches must have news programs as well eh?

If so, what name will it be? Berita Awesome? More towards parody news boleh la.

[attachmentid=10548043]
QUOTE(shaun_kok @ Aug 4 2020, 09:48 AM)
Due to the news services occupying the slot, FTA viewers have pretty much no choice other than news service on every main channel. From what I see, they tried to provide an alternative to viewers.

If they do really want to provide a news service in the future, make sure it isn't aired during 8pm-9pm. Providing a news service needs a lot of resources, which Awesome TV don't have, unlike Media Prima.

In my opinion, no need another prime time news slot laa...
So many channels provide 8pm news bulletin for what? Lol...
After all, the news are similar anyway.
birain
post Aug 4 2020, 12:21 PM

良い一日を
1,243 posts

guys, how to re joint a cable that is half chew by rat? what type of plug use for rejoining? link please, thanks.
langatian
post Aug 4 2020, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(birain @ Aug 4 2020, 12:21 PM)
guys, how to re joint a cable that is half chew by rat? what type of plug use for rejoining? link please, thanks.
joining by this F connector.

user posted image
shaun_kok
post Aug 4 2020, 04:11 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Aug 4 2020, 10:08 AM)
Also Drama Sangat 105 doesn't have news on primetime slot too. laugh.gif
TV OKEY do not broadcast news on primetime too (despite having news services). Drama Sangat is more to drama repeats. And both channels are less known for the viewers.

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 4 2020, 10:40 AM)
In my opinion, no need another prime time news slot laa...
So many channels provide 8pm news bulletin for what? Lol...
After all, the news are similar anyway.
Yup, not need to do so (at 8pm) as news service are already widely available on other channels.

This post has been edited by shaun_kok: Aug 4 2020, 04:13 PM
InSplre
post Aug 5 2020, 12:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,805 posts

Is there anything wrong with 666 freq in klang valley? The quality fluctuating. Only start to happen today, no issue for 650.
coolguy_0925
post Aug 7 2020, 12:31 AM

On my way
508 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jul 28 2020, 06:08 PM)
First of all, what's your area (city and state)? Take photo of your outdoor antenna and show it here.

It's good that you remove the booster, but did you remove the masthead amplifier too? Masthead amplifier also known as the outdoor unit of the booster:
user posted image

Yes, I'm referring to that "Outdoor booster". Is it still there? You might wanna go out and check  sweat.gif
If it's still there, then it must be removed too.
And then, the cable must be connected directly to the antenna's input and does not passes through the outdoor unit of the booster.
Thanks for your reply

Mine looks exactly like the one in the photo, VHF and UHF with the masthead / outdoor booster

My area is receiving broadcast from Bt. Tampin station

Unfortunately, the antenna is too high (rooftop of double storey) for me to remove cable from masthead and connect directly to the antenna

Guess I will have to depend on unifi tv for local tvs
joshhd
post Aug 7 2020, 01:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,552 posts

QUOTE(coolguy_0925 @ Aug 7 2020, 12:31 AM)
Thanks for your reply

Mine looks exactly like the one in the photo, VHF and UHF with the masthead / outdoor booster

My area is receiving broadcast from Bt. Tampin station

Unfortunately, the antenna is too high (rooftop of double storey) for me to remove cable from masthead and connect directly to the antenna

Guess I will have to depend on unifi tv for local tvs

Otherwise, you can get someone to help you take down everything, especially the UHF antenna, and then re-install it somewhere that can gives you easy access to the antenna, anywhere but not on dangerous places like the rooftop.
Yes, "higher is better", but who knows you could actually able to receive adequate DTT signal even if you place the UHF antenna on the ground floor. You won't know if you didn't try it. biggrin.gif

If you do, consider replace to the new antenna cable, RG-6 coaxial cable. It is the same cable type used for Astro, and it ends with F connector.
You can use a F connector to PAL connector adapter/converter to connect to your TV or digital TV.

As for the VHF antenna and outdoor booster, you can choose to put in the museum or put in the store room, or throw it away. It's no longer needed like those days anymore.

----

If too complicated, consider buy new antenna online, plus RG-6 coaxial cable (if you don't have).
Examples:
https://shopee.com.my/MYTV-MYFREEVIEW-ANTEN...9119.6515687588
https://shopee.com.my/VT333-MR-U805OD-UHF-H...8079.1369423471

And since you mentioned Bkt. Tampin, here are the frequencies you can refer to when you do Manual Tuning.
Mux 1: Channel 30 (546MHz)
Mux 2: Channel 32 (562MHz)

50 Pages « < 48 49 50Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th August 2020 - 04:56 AM