Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Jade Audio EW1

views

TSwemine
post Oct 31 2019, 04:00 PM, updated 5y ago

35 posts

Any Jade Audio EW1 user here? What is your commend on this China brand TWS which is under FiiO?
k!nex
post Oct 31 2019, 08:28 PM

Restless stars
3,327 posts

QUOTE(wemine @ Oct 31 2019, 04:00 PM)
Any Jade Audio EW1 user here? What is your commend on this China brand TWS which is under FiiO?
I got this item for 2 days already. This is my first TWS so I cannot compare to many models around . However, I have many other IEM and over-ear headsets.

If you are a basshead, this is not for you. Not very bassy , definitely less bass than 1More TWS. For a wireless IEM, I think it is good enough.

Sound quality wise, it is very subjective. Different people different taste. Sound is very transparent , a little bit of sparkle high. Bass is only average, the decay is too fast for me.

In terms of decibels, not too shabby. 80db easily I think , I don't have a measurement tool though. However, if you have bought this TWS , you have to be aware that the touch control volume on the earpiece is separate from the device volume. From factory, this TWS is set at only 50% volume. The first time I paired with my Mi 8 phone, it was utterly disappointing because even after I maxed out the volume on my phone, it is still too soft. After I read around only I found that that , touch the Right side of the earpiece will increase 10% volume every time. So I keep spam until max volume. Then the sound is good .

It does support aptX. No issues with disconnection or lag for me.

However, if there is 1 nagging complain from me is I always accidently press 1 side of the earpiece too long ( when I'm pulling it out from the charging case and inserting it properly into my ear) until it goes into pairing mode again although it is already paired with my phone.

This post has been edited by k!nex: Nov 1 2019, 12:47 AM
TSwemine
post Nov 1 2019, 09:48 AM

35 posts

QUOTE(k!nex @ Oct 31 2019, 08:28 PM)
I got this item for 2 days already. This is my first TWS so I cannot compare to many models around . However, I have many other IEM and over-ear headsets.

If you are a basshead, this is not for you. Not very bassy , definitely less bass than 1More  TWS. For a wireless IEM, I think it is good enough.

Sound quality wise, it is very subjective. Different people different taste. Sound is very transparent , a little bit of sparkle high. Bass is only average, the decay is too fast for me.

In terms of decibels, not too shabby. 80db easily I think , I don't have a measurement tool though. However, if you have bought this TWS , you have to be aware that the touch control volume on the earpiece is separate from the device volume. From factory, this TWS is set at only 50% volume. The first time I paired with my Mi 8 phone, it was utterly disappointing because even after I maxed out the volume on my phone, it is still too soft. After I read around only I found that that , touch the Right side of the earpiece will increase 10% volume every time. So I keep spam until max volume. Then the sound is good .

It does support aptX. No issues with disconnection or lag for me.

However, if there is 1 nagging complain from me is I always accidently press 1 side of the earpiece too long ( when I'm pulling it out from the charging case and inserting it properly into my ear)  until it goes into pairing mode again although it is already paired with my phone.
Thanks for the review. Tested the demo unit at Jaben, like you mentioned, bass is not strong, but for me who don't really emphasis on bass it sound just nice.
Audio wise mid and high quite good for the price tag.
Maybe will go for it.
k!nex
post Nov 2 2019, 03:12 PM

Restless stars
3,327 posts

QUOTE(wemine @ Nov 1 2019, 09:48 AM)
Thanks for the review. Tested the demo unit at Jaben, like you mentioned, bass is not strong, but for me who don't really emphasis on bass it sound just nice.
Audio wise mid and high quite good for the price tag.
Maybe will go for it.
You got many other choice though if you really don't care about the bass. I personally wish it has more sub-bass. Mid-bass is good enough. If you really want much more resolving TWS, I think Shanling MTW100 BA version you should consider seriously.

This post has been edited by k!nex: Nov 2 2019, 03:15 PM
more2teayap
post Nov 15 2019, 09:58 AM

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
2,721 posts

I just bought this Jade Audio EW1, actually the amount of bass is quite sufficient after 30hours (at least to me), if you want to get a bigger bass impact, change the tips to Spinfit to get a better seal.

The things i'm not quite satisfied is that there is a mild background hissing that is audible when there are no music is playing, the mid-highs is abit harsh, the mono - stereo conversion control is abit confusing to use.

The metallic mid night blue color on the earphones touch control surface under good lighting is amazing though.

This post has been edited by more2teayap: Nov 15 2019, 10:01 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0110sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:29 PM