Timex Watch Thread, It takes a licking and keeps on ticking

views

ridox_orimabu
post Nov 6 2019, 09:48 PM

Rightly Guided Leadership
1,866 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Oct 31 2019, 11:51 AM)
Thats veeery high.

I managed to secure a Timex Q at around RM680 or so from the Todd Synder site, but they don't ship to Malaysia or SG  ranting.gif
QUOTE(kl920930 @ Oct 31 2019, 11:57 AM)
I know right! and yet I've seen people sold for RM1500 on carousell during the earlier batches..

since the latest restock, there are two now on carousell listing for RM1700 and RM1999  puke.gif  shakehead.gif
Im guessing those carousellers purposely put a very high price so they could keep wearing it LOL. i have one incoming at rm999. Already arrived at my wife's office but have not collect yet. This piece sure is a winner.
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 6 2019, 11:06 PM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 6 2019, 09:58 PM)
actually they are selling as new therefore not wearing it.. these are the ones who buy just to resell for profit

arista contacted me to offer this at 999 too but I just couldn't justify getting a quartz timex at this price point..

this is a nice watch to own but I don't want to follow the hype šŸ˜…

anyway congrats on your new timex.. please do share some wrist shots once you get it on your wrist smile.gif
Yeah. Scalpers. Effing hate them. I never liked Timex. But somehow, they strike with this one. Like seriously. Its one of the best reissue if not THE best. And i do not mind the quartz as the original comes with the same spec.

Yeah will do. I just hope the bracelet go easy on me. Heard its a hair puller. Haha. Just like the 70s
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 7 2019, 03:39 AM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(fuzzy @ Nov 7 2019, 12:12 AM)
They are actually releasing a batman version of the Q.

user posted image
I saw this. Not my style.

If im a rolex guy, i'd probably get the rootbeer instead. Or even the crazy lemon 7up mock up. Batman is not my thing LOL
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 7 2019, 11:15 AM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 7 2019, 10:29 AM)
not to say I don't like Timex but this brand never really got my attention until sometime early 2018 when I found out the peanuts weekend with snoopy hands from amazon

I actually think timex is doing great with most of the recent releases since the reissue of marlin series

the recent release of Celestial Opulence Automatic Collection that nobody talks about is also very cool with the ghost mystery minute hands dial

I would totally rock that blue dial with rose gold case if it was offered in quartz and half that price point of the current rrp.. but then my gf says it look girlish  :confused: 

user posted image
Interesting. I might check this out too. The american document is another one that put me a stop to the brand. It pirce too high. 2k for a quartz ? Lol. The Q seems like a good deal.

She said that? Its time for a new gf i guess. Hahahaha
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 7 2019, 02:15 PM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 7 2019, 11:34 AM)
actually does look a lil bit what girls will usually wear but I really don't care as long as I love the design and 38mm is my fav case size

probably the black gold more suitable for men compared to the other two variants  hmm.gif

bye.gif girl because you no approve my wrist watch taste  laugh.gif
Certain watch no matter how u twist it, it will lean more towards of a feminine side. Cartier is one of them. So their formula was to oversize it for men. Lol Ebel tried to do the same. We can say the same for Breitling. Their watches are meant for men.

But yeah, wear what u like. Dun care what people said..
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 8 2019, 09:40 AM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 8 2019, 09:36 AM)
ikr.. I used to own a breitling colt from the mid 2000s which was 38mm and crapp now all the newer colt series case releases are so huge like 41 and 44mm

having the thought of getting back the older 38 colt which has smaller case diameter but people nowadays are selling way above the rrp compared to what it was selling new back in the days
I can say the same for Seiko. Have u seen their strategy lately ? Crazy. They even pull out from baselworld. Talking about taking the brand to a new heights!

U seems to play only swiss. Colt was one of my fav. Then u see Tag and Zenith are just getting better. I left the world of swiss 10 years ago when financial situation hit me bad. Now im just with Seiko, orient, casio and some gshock. Oh yeah thers the Timex incoming lol. We will c how the swiss market goes. For now, if i were to get anything below 30k, it would be Zenith. And 15k below will be Tudor or tag. Man i miss my Tag 69.

Oh u heard about Maurice Lacroix? That brand sux. Haha

This post has been edited by ridox_orimabu: Nov 8 2019, 09:41 AM
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 8 2019, 03:39 PM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 8 2019, 02:15 PM)
seiko always upmarket their range from time to time even since back in their earlier days

is like they upgrade an existing movement and might as well increase the price

actually I also left the world of swiss too..

now collection majority seiko but I focus on jdm 6r movement models which are more affordable so it doesn't hurt the bank as much as swiss counterpartsĀ  thumbup.gif
U r right. Say, the 2824 eta is direct competitor to the 6r15 then, now 6r35 right?

What about the 4r35? The value in some models are impressive. But not like some 5th gen monsters. Anyway, good thing u r abandoning the swiss. It would not b long before Seiko totally dominates everything. Cant say about Rolex tho. That is standard luxury thing going on. Lol

This post has been edited by ridox_orimabu: Nov 8 2019, 03:41 PM
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 8 2019, 04:36 PM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 8 2019, 02:15 PM)
seiko always upmarket their range from time to time even since back in their earlier days

is like they upgrade an existing movement and might as well increase the price

actually I also left the world of swiss too..

now collection majority seiko but I focus on jdm 6r movement models which are more affordable so it doesn't hurt the bank as much as swiss counterparts  thumbup.gif
Its like finally Seiko from young padawan becoming darth vader ahahaha.. i like where they are going. N with that, i am holding their last true effort watch (skx) which place the watch at good value as how Seiko have been doing for the last few dacades before it abominates all prices by double or triple.

ridox_orimabu
post Nov 11 2019, 03:22 PM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 8 2019, 04:52 PM)
surprisingly I've bought more than 10pcs of seikos but never a skx yet  laugh.gif

mostly sarb scvs sarx and quite a number of vintage seikos

somehow I kinda feel the skx is overhyped
the SKX is an excellent watch. u can say its one of those Seiko that has no nonsense stuff so buyers really get what they hope for.

Now, the overhyped was actually created by some hyperfans who refuse to accept that the SKX is now a mere relic of the past and people have move on.

I guess in the end, the preference matters as it is very subjective. laugh.gif
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 22 2019, 09:31 PM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 6 2019, 09:58 PM)
actually they are selling as new therefore not wearing it.. these are the ones who buy just to resell for profit

arista contacted me to offer this at 999 too but I just couldn't justify getting a quartz timex at this price point..

this is a nice watch to own but I don't want to follow the hype šŸ˜…

anyway congrats on your new timex.. please do share some wrist shots once you get it on your wrist smile.gif
Here you go bro. Seems the watch is pretty solid. Second hand does not hit the markers though. But im very happy with it.
Attached Image
Attached Image
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 23 2019, 07:03 AM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 22 2019, 09:42 PM)
the size and fitting of the case looks perfect for your wrist

are you also around 6" wrist size?
Im surprise too. I tot it would be small for me.

My wrist is 7.25 nch.
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 23 2019, 07:35 AM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(exdtan @ Nov 23 2019, 07:23 AM)
My gosh bro this is quite recent model man, congrats !Ā  rclxms.gif
Thanks. Here it is with the bambino n skx
Attached Image

This post has been edited by ridox_orimabu: Nov 23 2019, 07:36 AM
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 23 2019, 09:59 AM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(exdtan @ Nov 23 2019, 08:18 AM)
Timepiece lover you are  biggrin.gif
I heard batman is coming. And also, another model blue colour don't remmember the name.
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 24 2019, 06:57 PM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 24 2019, 05:02 AM)
saw this post on reddit quite funny thought it will be a good laugh to share here

user posted image
It sure is haha. They missed out Tag version of the pepsi. Guess nobody give a damn about that one. Lol.
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 25 2019, 09:50 AM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 25 2019, 07:42 AM)
this is the tag version on reddit  laugh.gif
haha saw this too. The skx even though its a pepsi, does not offer day and night view from the bezel though.

but to think tag just sit above steinhart shows how much people hate them.
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 26 2019, 10:11 AM

1,866 posts

Not many are into Timex. Guess i was in due to this only haha

I agree though Rm999 is overprice for the watch. The retail 179usd if convert is only around Rm749.

The coming falcon blue is also at that same retail price although im not surw how much would it be once it reach here.

But fwiw, the Q Timex is a plenty watch considering it is a valid reissue. I don't care people comparing this to the more accurate quartz that can be found with Casio or Citizen. Not that i do not like them. I have plenty of casio. And targetting one of The Citizen.

Probably the scalpers is the main culprit of why the Q is hated so much. Haha.

This post has been edited by ridox_orimabu: Nov 26 2019, 10:15 AM
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 26 2019, 10:26 AM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 26 2019, 10:20 AM)
I agree too that scalpers is the main culprit.. also because of that, timex limits the supplies for these scalpers to hype it up for them

it's like the same cycle where adidas yeezys were back in the days due to limited supply and scalpers boosting the price up

once hype slowly dies then the price slowly returns to be more attainable for the general public humans
the thing is, we don't even know the Q is up for a limited run or not. LOL.

If its something like the Lamy 2000 Bauhaus Limited, then that's sure worth the hype. Otherwise, die just like that.

I remember last time a Tudor 79090 cost only 15k max in 2009 onwards to 2014. Don't know suddenly the price jack to 30k now.

but that's a Tudor with Rolex body.

Scalpers will have their contact faster than anyone coz they could buy bulk. But like the Lamy case.. despite it is 1919 wordwide, only 17 unit entered malaysia. somebody offered 10 units to buy from pengallery, but the owner say no. Now that's a good move. giving everyone the real chance to buy one.
ridox_orimabu
post Nov 27 2019, 10:56 AM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Nov 27 2019, 10:30 AM)
I don't think Q will be up for a limited run.. taking from how they are currently getting all the hype recently

as we can see how the marlin reissue was getting the attention and slowly disappearing from media's attention from the past recent months

the Q will be the same case and they will keep producing different iterations of colorways to gain media's attention for the brand till they manage to get the next hype release
QUOTE(fuzzy @ Nov 27 2019, 10:50 AM)
The Q was initially intended to be a LE.

But they saw the hype and quickly and quietly dropped that LE thing.
that's great news. There are many people that wants to buy the Q. Its good if they put this into a good production run just like how it was in the 70s. It kinda explains if the watch was intended for LE in the first place, no wonder they can't keep up with the demand. Or i could be wrong. unsure.gif

For the Marlin, when i tried it first time it was very nice. But knowing its too small for my wrist, i totally forgotten about it until u mentioned it again. laugh.gif

ridox_orimabu
post Dec 19 2019, 04:46 PM

1,866 posts

QUOTE(kl920930 @ Dec 17 2019, 03:42 PM)
Q hype died off already? the first reissue model also not selling at a premium above rrp anymore with stocks available by timex

Q Timex latest Reissue Falcon Eye 38mm Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch. what do you guys think?

this time it didn't catch the media's attention that's for sure  yawn.gif

user posted image
seems nobody give a f d.

was browsing thru the caraousell surprised some are sold way less than 999.

scalpers must be angry and in agony laugh.gif

but the blue falcon eye is looks nice to me.

will have to see live first then buy notworthy.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0235sec    0.54    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:00 PM