Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Rate my top overhaul bill, from Auth Svc Centre

views

TSJZenith
post Nov 20 2019, 08:22 AM

Look at my stars. owai
697 posts

QUOTE(lowkey_xboy @ Nov 19 2019, 08:00 PM)
Can i know which SC you went to? I always go to the Glenmarie one and a lot of time the mechanics there don't really understand the issues I have. Although the customer service is great but doesn't seem to be knowledgeable
Topline autocare @ segambut.
the centre also services chervolet and proton.
but it is authorized hyundai service centre, 15% discount on parts for car older than 4 years.

they wasnt sure why my engine was overheating too at first, changed a thermostat assembly before they identify the cause was headgasket..
but they do test really thoroughly, and it will take time.

my top overhaul + whole rubber hoses system + radiator service + skimming headgasket took 7 days to finish.

i asked them to do it slowly no worries, rushing a job will not get things done correctly.

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Nov 19 2019, 10:09 PM)
Its either german, chinese,Nissan/renault or chevrolet/GM based
QUOTE(VireCwx @ Nov 19 2019, 10:30 PM)
Erm, all wrong. Actually he did mentioned he's driving a Hyundai Elantra 1.8 if you refer back to the previous post
i heated my engine once so gasket badly damaged.
radiator fan failure and i have no idea. thought was aircond.
temperature gauge was normal, only aircond was not cold. thought was aircond compressor.
suddenly temperature gauge + radiator cap burst while climbing a ramp in parking and engine shutdown.
fixed the fan and cap then after 6 months the damaged gasket became the issue.

This post has been edited by JZenith: Nov 20 2019, 08:26 AM
zeng
post Nov 20 2019, 08:44 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

Elantra 1.8 has aluminium cylinder head ?
What about engine block ?
TSJZenith
post Nov 20 2019, 09:16 AM

Look at my stars. owai
697 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Nov 20 2019, 08:44 AM)
cylinder head and block both aluminium
System Error Message
post Nov 20 2019, 09:28 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(JZenith @ Nov 20 2019, 08:22 AM)
Topline autocare @ segambut.
the centre also services chervolet and proton.
but it is authorized hyundai service centre, 15% discount on parts for car older  than 4 years.

they wasnt sure why my engine was overheating too at first, changed a thermostat assembly before they identify the cause was headgasket..
but they do test really thoroughly, and it will take time.

my top overhaul + whole rubber hoses system + radiator service + skimming headgasket took 7 days to finish.

i asked them to do it slowly no worries, rushing a job will not get things done correctly.
i heated my engine once so gasket badly damaged.
radiator fan failure and i have no idea. thought was aircond.
temperature gauge was normal, only aircond was not cold. thought was aircond compressor.
suddenly temperature gauge + radiator cap burst while climbing a ramp in parking and engine shutdown.
fixed the fan and cap then after 6 months the damaged gasket became the issue.
QUOTE(zeng @ Nov 20 2019, 08:44 AM)
well korean cars dont have that great reliability, but customer service should be top notch. Its good that it wasnt a german car or the repair bill would be crazy.

aluminium gaskets and engines arent bad, as even toyota uses all aluminium engines, and some custom mods in the US as well. Although aluminium isnt as good as steel in the long run, if you keep your engine loads low it will be fine, and infact considering modern engines they usually tune with for a conservative amount of power. Its worse as subaru in the past during their period of unreliability used rubber seals and gaskets.

Fan issues should be detected early, you're supposed to check your car at least once a month for opening the hood and testing around.

For radiator cap sounds like temp was too high so there was too much pressure.
TSJZenith
post Nov 20 2019, 09:46 AM

Look at my stars. owai
697 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Nov 20 2019, 09:28 AM)
well korean cars dont have that great reliability, but customer service should be top notch. Its good that it wasnt a german car or the repair bill would be crazy.

aluminium gaskets and engines arent bad, as even toyota uses all aluminium engines, and some custom mods in the US as well. Although aluminium isnt as good as steel in the long run, if you keep your engine loads low it will be fine, and infact considering modern engines they usually tune with for a conservative amount of power. Its worse as subaru in the past during their period of unreliability used rubber seals and gaskets.

Fan issues should be detected early, you're supposed to check your car at least once a month for opening the hood and testing around.

For radiator cap sounds like temp was too high so there was too much pressure.
yea learned my lesson for the radiator fan issue.
nearly get conned by replacing the whole aircond system for RM2.5k from a shop after i told them my aircond problem.
after that only i studied deep to engine cooling systems
System Error Message
post Nov 20 2019, 10:56 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(JZenith @ Nov 20 2019, 09:46 AM)
yea learned my lesson for the radiator fan issue.
nearly get conned by replacing the whole aircond system for RM2.5k from a shop after i told them my aircond problem.
after that only i studied deep to engine cooling systems
aircon replacement is below 1k, for reference, home air cond start from rm 800+ for compressor and outlet
TSJZenith
post Nov 20 2019, 11:06 AM

Look at my stars. owai
697 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Nov 20 2019, 10:56 AM)
aircon replacement is below 1k, for reference, home air cond start from rm 800+ for compressor and outlet
typical conshop..
price according to the value of your car.

the reason i do most of the replacement parts diy.
zeng
post Nov 20 2019, 11:26 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(JZenith @ Nov 20 2019, 09:16 AM)
cylinder head and block both aluminium

Thanks .
That's problem with aluminium head and/or block design , very girlish and fragile .
ah_suknat
post Nov 21 2019, 08:55 AM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

QUOTE(anakMY @ Oct 31 2019, 01:06 PM)
Omg 6 years edi in such condition. Touch wood my persona 6 years 200k+ km , just changed the radiator and mountings, engine still ok.
Campro engine is durable

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:48 PM