Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Android Head Unit, is gooding or gimmick?

views

croydon
post Jan 17 2024, 01:14 PM

Casual
479 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Jan 17 2024, 11:22 AM)
Not sure if there is any huge diff if using 7862S 4+64 vs 2+64 in maps loading speed?
faster and smooth.... old android score benchmark 2800, my new android score 6000

This post has been edited by croydon: Jan 17 2024, 01:15 PM
real_cranium
post Jan 30 2024, 08:03 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

Sifus, sorry if this is not the right place, but my camera view just shown the reverse view of the real life object. In real life the object is on the right, but in camera view, it's on the left. Any idea on how to fix.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
VeeJay
post Jan 30 2024, 08:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(real_cranium @ Jan 30 2024, 08:03 PM)
Sifus, sorry if this is not the right place, but my camera view just shown the reverse view of the real life object. In real life the object is on the right, but in camera view, it's on the left. Any idea on how to fix.
You have to go to setting and change the reverse view. If I remember correctly you need the password to enter the setting. The installer should have provided the 4 digit code (most of the time)

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Jan 30 2024, 08:36 PM
carbon14
post Feb 4 2024, 04:47 PM

Getting Started
284 posts

Hi anyone tried to import HU from aliexpress? Will kena block by customs ma
rtk74
post Feb 4 2024, 08:01 PM

;"K]6pKBg;1]U)uSs!eF
1,066 posts

QUOTE(carbon14 @ Feb 4 2024, 04:47 PM)
Hi anyone tried to import HU from aliexpress? Will kena block by customs ma
Aliexpress quite expensive and shipping takes too long
sometimes the same one is sold in laz/shopee almost similar price.
if local atleast have some semblance of support

taobao is ok too
nabzblitz
post Feb 22 2024, 04:18 PM

Gangsta Crizzab
607 posts

Hi all, been reading through this thread, really good information but at the same time so much information that I'm confusing myself. Long post coming but intention is for sifus here to help recommend and advise.

I'm looking to upgrade my Myvi SE Gen 1 HU. Current setup is 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers, 1 boot sub and Epsilon SQ-4GX amp. Budget is 2k all in with installation, but if can save money then all the better.

My priorities are:
1. I'm an audiophile so SQ is most important. But mostly stream with Spotify (I know this contradicts my last statement a bit, but it's convenient). Good clear FM radio will be a bonus but not priority.
2. 3rd party steering control support (looking at this Steering Wheel Control Button Radio Volume GPS Wireless Bluetooth Switch)
3. I prefer connecting wireless via bluetooth, I have a separate PD charger to charge my Pixel 6 anyway. But hopefully connection is stable with no dropouts. I'm not sure what are the benefits of AA or ACP over the Android HU OS.
4. Waze
5. Reverse camera (I don't need 360 cam it's just a Myvi anyway not that hard to park)
6. Call/mic clarity
7. Youtube maybe sometimes if i'm stuck in a jam or something, but probably rare case

My main considerations:
1. Android HU - but no specific model in mind. So many in the market dunno how to choose. I saw in another thread that Mekede and Eonon have highest benchmark score, so maybe will consider those.
- I like that it's generally more affordable
- I like that it can connect to OBD2 scanner to check car status, but honestly not sure if i really need this
- So far I don't see any other advantage unless want to do more like Netflix or play games (which I won't do).
2. Sony, either XAV-AX5500, XAV-AX4000 or XAV-AX6000
- I hear that quality in general is better in these name brands
- I really like the UI, clean and simple
- Apparently wireless connection is a bit hit/miss especially with latest Android update but dunno how true, that's why I considered the AX5500 which supports only wired AA/ACP. If wireless doesn't work why bother spending extra money for it right?
- BUT AX5500 apparently no DSP, only 10-band EQ. 4000 and 6000 does explicitly state it has DSP. At the same time, I dunno how big the DSP will impact the SQ.
- More expensive overall also

Lastly, any recommendations on installers in Subang Jaya/Setia Alam area? 30 mins radius also ok. My wife installed her Android HU at Brothers a few years ago, they really screwed up the housing (pecah) and the rear camera placement also very weird, like crooked. Would like to avoid these kind of problems.

Really appreciate if anyone can help! Been in this rabbit hole for a week now.
ShinHaruhi
post Mar 6 2024, 03:55 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(nabzblitz @ Feb 22 2024, 05:18 PM)
Hi all, been reading through this thread, really good information but at the same time so much information that I'm confusing myself. Long post coming but intention is for sifus here to help recommend and advise.

I'm looking to upgrade my Myvi SE Gen 1 HU. Current setup is 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers, 1 boot sub and Epsilon SQ-4GX amp. Budget is 2k all in with installation, but if can save money then all the better.

My priorities are:
1. I'm an audiophile so SQ is most important. But mostly stream with Spotify (I know this contradicts my last statement a bit, but it's convenient). Good clear FM radio will be a bonus but not priority.
2. 3rd party steering control support (looking at this Steering Wheel Control Button Radio Volume GPS Wireless Bluetooth Switch)
3. I prefer connecting wireless via bluetooth, I have a separate PD charger to charge my Pixel 6 anyway. But hopefully connection is stable with no dropouts. I'm not sure what are the benefits of AA or ACP over the Android HU OS.
4. Waze
5. Reverse camera (I don't need 360 cam it's just a Myvi anyway not that hard to park)
6. Call/mic clarity
7. Youtube maybe sometimes if i'm stuck in a jam or something, but probably rare case

My main considerations:
1. Android HU - but no specific model in mind. So many in the market dunno how to choose. I saw in another thread that Mekede and Eonon have highest benchmark score, so maybe will consider those.
- I like that it's generally more affordable
- I like that it can connect to OBD2 scanner to check car status, but honestly not sure if i really need this
- So far I don't see any other advantage unless want to do more like Netflix or play games (which I won't do).
2. Sony, either XAV-AX5500, XAV-AX4000 or XAV-AX6000
- I hear that quality in general is better in these name brands
- I really like the UI, clean and simple
- Apparently wireless connection is a bit hit/miss especially with latest Android update but dunno how true, that's why I considered the AX5500 which supports only wired AA/ACP. If wireless doesn't work why bother spending extra money for it right?
- BUT AX5500 apparently no DSP, only 10-band EQ. 4000 and 6000 does explicitly state it has DSP. At the same time, I dunno how big the DSP will impact the SQ.
- More expensive overall also

Lastly, any recommendations on installers in Subang Jaya/Setia Alam area? 30 mins radius also ok. My wife installed her Android HU at Brothers a few years ago, they really screwed up the housing (pecah) and the rear camera placement also very weird, like crooked. Would like to avoid these kind of problems.

Really appreciate if anyone can help! Been in this rabbit hole for a week now.
android Mekede M7 plus
strating around 1.7k
new cpu UIS 7870
got DTS function
mekede got website where can download latest update

This post has been edited by ShinHaruhi: Mar 6 2024, 03:56 PM
rocketaz
post Mar 12 2024, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(rtk74 @ Feb 4 2024, 08:01 PM)
Aliexpress quite expensive and shipping takes too long
sometimes the same one is sold in laz/shopee almost similar price.
if local atleast have some semblance of support

taobao is ok too
Can share the link for the local seller please? Budget around Rm500 can get a decent HU?
Can't decide between 32GB or 64GB. hmm.gif I guess 64GB usually will cost around 700-800.
If I get 32GB, I can plugin USB for extra storage space for downloaded podcast/music/video.
tkyong1
post Mar 12 2024, 12:01 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(rocketaz @ Mar 12 2024, 11:33 AM)
Can share the link for the local seller please? Budget around Rm500 can get a decent HU?
Can't decide between 32GB or 64GB.  hmm.gif I guess 64GB usually will cost around 700-800.
If I get 32GB, I can plugin USB for extra storage space for downloaded podcast/music/video.
Bro,

You should focus on the RAM (4gb and above), not the storage.

Storage will not affect performance unlike RAM.

Storage can be extended via external USB, no issue at all.

Use your money to get a higher gb unit better.
yhcyber
post Mar 21 2024, 10:05 AM

Casual
472 posts

Good morning, newbie here looking for some advise

Car : Subaru Forester iP (2017)

Specs that I am looking into
Android version : 12, I dont mind if it's a lower version but upgradeable in future
Screen size : 7 / 9 10, no fixed preference but have to be fit in as per Home Minister's demand
RAM : 4GB and above, ideal is 6Gb and above looking at the app need more and more resources to load
ROM size : 32Gb will be sufficient
Camera : Support 360'
Sound : Standard will do, DSP, DTS, etc. is a bonus
Radio : Loud and Clear, for morning vibe

For the processors, there are few popular type such as 7862S, TS10, TS18, TS5, 7870, etc. Based on above criteria, which is the better approach and brand / seller to recommend?

Thanks and appreciate all sifus advise!

Cheers!

This post has been edited by yhcyber: Mar 21 2024, 10:07 AM
tkyong1
post Mar 25 2024, 10:45 AM

On my way
585 posts

Hi guys,

Last 2 days, my car android player giving me 2 issues:

1. Sportify keep showing offline.

2. It keep asking me which launcher to use ? ( I have both Home and Car Launcher).

3. The poweramp player app, certain playlist not allow me to change the album art, but most of the playlist is ok, weird.

The above never happended before for years, only these couples days.

anyone can advice how to fix?
VeeJay
post Mar 25 2024, 07:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Mar 25 2024, 10:45 AM)
Hi guys,

Last 2 days, my car android player giving me 2 issues:

1. Sportify keep showing offline.

2. It keep asking me which launcher to use ? ( I have both Home and Car Launcher).

3. The poweramp player app, certain playlist not allow me to change the album art, but most of the playlist is ok, weird.

The above never happended before for years, only these couples days.

anyone can advice how to fix?
Did you recently update any of the app from playstore or auto update?

Any update on the OS?
tkyong1
post Mar 26 2024, 08:59 AM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(VeeJay @ Mar 25 2024, 07:12 PM)
Did you recently update any of the app from playstore or auto update?

Any update on the OS?
No, i did not. Normally, i will not do any updates.

Last night, in the main drop down menu, i clicked the "system clean" button, it seems like clearing something (like what we see in our phone).

After that, it seems working fine.

So weird, any ideas what cause this?

This post has been edited by tkyong1: Mar 26 2024, 08:59 AM
g5sim
post Mar 26 2024, 09:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,472 posts

QUOTE(killer_mistake @ Oct 30 2019, 04:14 PM)
Hi lyn forumer,

through my web research + visit over 8 audio accessories shop, i found out current trend is using android HU 10"..
and their design (internal system and external display) more or less has the same character across the brand.

so, my question is:

Any of you currently using android HU player ? How was your experience after using it for 1-2 years?
Any recommendation / advice for others that going to install / looking for android player head unit?

thanks in advance for reading  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

example:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Reverse n front camera more important? Front camera must have cover to tahan anigin, turn on only the cover will open. 360 not sufficient 😜
ShinHaruhi
post Today, 11:42 AM

35 posts

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Mar 21 2024, 11:05 AM)
Good morning, newbie here looking for some advise

Car : Subaru Forester iP (2017)

Specs that I am looking into
Android version : 12, I dont mind if it's a lower version but upgradeable in future
Screen size : 7 / 9 10, no fixed preference but have to be fit in as per Home Minister's demand
RAM : 4GB and above, ideal is 6Gb and above looking at the app need more and more resources to load
ROM size : 32Gb will be sufficient
Camera : Support 360'
Sound : Standard will do, DSP, DTS, etc. is a bonus
Radio : Loud and Clear, for morning vibe

For the processors, there are few popular type such as 7862S, TS10, TS18, TS5, 7870, etc. Based on above criteria, which is the better approach and brand / seller to recommend?

Thanks and appreciate all sifus advise!

Cheers!
if budget not issue
MEKEDE 7870

21 Pages « < 19 20 21Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:36 PM