Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[2019] Apple AirPods Pro Discussion Thread | V1, Magic like you’ve never heard

views

vegaboy
post Dec 4 2019, 04:27 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Hi guys,

Does anyone know which reseller that still have stock for the Airpods Pro? Went to Machines Mid Valley & Gardens both out of stock. Called up MacStudio Paradigm Mall same case.

Preferably within PJ area.

Thanks!

vegaboy
post Dec 4 2019, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(Darrylx3 @ Dec 4 2019, 04:47 PM)
Just went to IOI city mall machines.

Initially I asked machines facebook chat they said and I quote:

"Pre-orders are allocated a separate stocks from the retail stocks. Your order should be processed and send to the outlet separately. Once reached, you will get the order ready for collection email."
But I went to the store direct and they allowed us to complete the preorder.
I asked @ Mid Valley outlet and been told need to wait 2-4 weeks and can't collect at store directly. How did you convince them to complete the process? Show proof of payment since you haven't receive the notification email?

This post has been edited by vegaboy: Dec 4 2019, 04:56 PM
vegaboy
post Dec 4 2019, 07:20 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(hensky @ Dec 4 2019, 06:42 PM)
Ya, latest firmware (2B588) ANC is bad imo.
if you are looking for decent ANC, don’t get it now.

get it after Apple fix it. (who knows when)
Yea looks like the latest firmware update has impacted the ANC performance - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250887615?page=2. Most probably I'll put the purchase on hold until this is fixed, I know Apple usually would respond quickly but not going to take chances since it's not cheap haha. Wouldn't want to be paying airpods-like performance.

vegaboy
post Dec 10 2019, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Guys,

Does anyone know where can I walk in to purchase the Airpods Pro within Klang Valley?

Been searching but unsuccessful so far.

vegaboy
post Dec 12 2019, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Hi guys,

Just got my Airpods Pro yesterday, out of the box the firmware is already the latest version.

This is my first pair of ANC headphone, I personally think it’s quite good. I’m not sure quiet it should be when I tested walking around in Mid Valley it can filter out almost 90% of the ambient noise which is for me is pretty good.

Definitely better than the original Airpods. The only issue that I have now is poor phone call output at recipient side. Any way to solve this?

vegaboy
post Dec 12 2019, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(fremont88 @ Dec 12 2019, 03:33 PM)
i used it few times for phone calls, i do not face such issues you mentioned....is your recipient having good line that time, or everyone you call also same?
I was outside of building when I made the call and within the telco’s coverage (full bar with 4G), same goes to the recipients. Both made the same remark - Muffled sound, so I had to raise my voice. I tried using both ANC on & off but still same result.

Perhaps I need to reset & pair again.

vegaboy
post Dec 12 2019, 04:32 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(andrewtho @ Dec 12 2019, 04:27 PM)
Wrong thread. This is for the Pro model.
Your voice tends to be more muffled versus the Gen 1 & 2 AirPods due to the shorter stem. I do get complaints as well that they can barely hear me, so I need to speak louder  sweat.gif
Oh dang, imagine the stare you get when you’re trying to have a decent conversation haha. I hope they can address this also in the coming firmware update though I know partly it’s due to the hardware design.

vegaboy
post Dec 13 2019, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(me076310 @ Dec 13 2019, 03:30 PM)
I don't know whether its placebo or what but somehow I think the ANC has improved a little bit and the audio coming out of the airpods seems louder.
Can you check what is the firmware of your AirPods? Perhaps they might be a new firmware update that has been pushed out. If it’s the same then most probably you’re right lol
vegaboy
post Dec 13 2019, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

I just realised when listening to the same song & volume level, my gen 1 Airpods sounds louder with better clarity vs Airpods Pro. Hmm not sure if this is normal, anyone else experiencing the same situation?

vegaboy
post Apr 8 2020, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Guys,

I’ve been experiencing poor call quality when I used my AirPods Pro, the receiving end told me my voice sounds muffled / very soft. I’ve tried to pair / unpair with my 11 Pro Max but no luck.

Do you experience similar situation and is there any workaround to solve the issue?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0455sec    0.45    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:49 PM