Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking to buy my first pair of jeans, Have some questions

views

TSSotsotzaii
post Oct 27 2019, 11:32 AM, updated 5y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,218 posts

Hello, about to get my first pair of jeans, and of coz many would say it's a no brainer to get jeans from Levi's, but the price tag is a bit high, like for slim fit it's RM 239, and a lot higher compare with Uniqlo, I do have a few questions though so I'll just list them in point form.

- Is Uniqlo's Selvedge Slim Fit Jeans worth buying @ RM 150 ? I need feedback on quality / comfort wise.

- Jeans that are sold in Padini / H&M, all these jeans worth buying at all ?
Seezo
post Oct 27 2019, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

levi's overprice, but the quality i think is good. can tahan almost more than 5 years. biggrin.gif try another brand also, but didnt meet my comfort. last year found AZY Jeans, quality not bad and the price around rm70-90.
Seezo
post Oct 27 2019, 11:45 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

levi's overprice, but the quality i think is good. can tahan almost more than 5 years. biggrin.gif try another brand also, but didnt meet my comfort. last year found AZY Jeans, quality not bad and the price around rm70-90.
jichuen
post Oct 27 2019, 11:50 AM

On my way
627 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Oct 27 2019, 11:32 AM)
Hello, about to get my first pair of jeans, and of coz many would say it's a no brainer to get jeans from Levi's, but the price tag is a bit high, like for slim fit it's RM 239, and a lot higher compare with Uniqlo, I do have a few questions though so I'll just list them in point form.

- Is Uniqlo's Selvedge Slim Fit Jeans worth buying @ RM 150 ? I need feedback on quality / comfort wise.

There's no way you can get selvedge denim at levi's for 239, usually they run at least 400 or over.
I have a pair of uniqlo selvedge. They do fade decently, and are very comfortable.

If you want to try a purist denim but have a tight budget, have a look at the unbranded brand. I have one pair black too.
I guess my situation is just like your's. Dont want to spend so much on a pair of denim but i want the maximum experience. in short, bang for the buck i guess.

Let me know if that helps.
cheers
rootbeer
post Oct 27 2019, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
210 posts

levis is overprice..
padini and hm. moderate quality
giomani.. dont ever buy from them.. wash twice u will see start wearing off.

the question when buying is. do u want to buy a jeans or a class?

or i will give another analogy.

do u want a simple watch or tag hauer?
if answer isbsimple wash.. then buy from uniqlo can liao

if u wanted tag hauer then buy levis.
ONLY buy levis original 501 thier most popular jean.
dont buy levis jean 502,503,505 those are season jean or lastest fashion
TSSotsotzaii
post Oct 27 2019, 11:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,218 posts

QUOTE(jichuen @ Oct 27 2019, 11:50 AM)
There's no way you can get selvedge denim at levi's for 239, usually they run at least 400 or over.
I  have a pair of uniqlo selvedge. They do fade decently, and are very comfortable.

If you want to try a purist denim but have a tight budget, have a look at the unbranded brand. I have one pair black too.
I guess my situation is just like your's. Dont want to spend so much on a pair of denim but i want the maximum experience. in short, bang for the buck i guess.

Let me know if that helps.
cheers
Yup man, I know it's impossible to get selvedge denim at Levi's for 239, those are just slim fit normal jeans. Since u own a pair of uniqlo jeans, other than comfort, are the quality good ? Can it withstand time ? If it can, and the quality is not bad, then I'm most likely going for Uniqlo's.

U mean if I'm looking for raw denim then I shud go for unbranded one ? Like what kind of unbranded ?
TSSotsotzaii
post Oct 27 2019, 11:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,218 posts

QUOTE(rootbeer @ Oct 27 2019, 11:51 AM)
levis is overprice..
padini and hm. moderate quality
giomani.. dont ever buy from them.. wash twice u will see start wearing off.

the question when buying is. do u want to buy a jeans or a class?

or i will give another analogy.

do u want a simple watch or tag hauer?
if answer isbsimple wash.. then buy from uniqlo can liao

I see, yeah I mean I know Levi's is overpriced, and its only because of the branding. Hmm I would want a jean more than a class, a simple watch more than a tag hauer, so if Uniqlo jeans can last through the years, I'm going for that.
jichuen
post Oct 27 2019, 12:12 PM

On my way
627 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Oct 27 2019, 11:52 AM)
Yup man, I know it's impossible to get selvedge denim at Levi's for 239, those are just slim fit normal jeans. Since u own a pair of uniqlo jeans, other than comfort, are the quality good ? Can it withstand time ? If it can, and the quality is not bad, then I'm most likely going for Uniqlo's.

U mean if I'm looking for raw denim then I shud go for unbranded one ? Like what kind of unbranded ?
so far so good. Faded nicely, feww torn parts as i used to skateboard to uni.
i'm still wearing it. Bought at least 4 years ago.

But a downs side is not many people like the worn faded jeans look. My parents always tell me to get a new pair.

It's called The Unbranded Brand. Have a look!
g3n0c1d3
post Oct 28 2019, 12:51 AM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,493 posts

QUOTE(rootbeer @ Oct 27 2019, 11:51 AM)
Dude.. 505 is the model. As for the denim its the same as 501 use lol. Its been around since the 60s lol.

505 is popular as 501. Even LVC got 505 model.

Now im going to tell u something that may seems obvious but the best levis is not 501, but LVC A.K.A Levis Vintage Collections

Thats the best levis u can buy. Most of them are repro from old model and use oak mill selvedge (well last 2 years ago la since cone mills white oak shut down but ive read that they were resurrected but that is another story).

And no... levis is not the tag heuer of denim. I can give u alot more brand that is more superior from levis. Levis is iconic thats for sure but not tag heuer kindda reference lol.

TSSotsotzaii
post Oct 28 2019, 01:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,218 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Oct 28 2019, 12:51 AM)
Dude.. 505 is the model. As for the denim its the same as 501 use lol. Its been around since the 60s lol.

505 is popular as 501. Even LVC got 505 model.

Now im going to tell u something that may seems obvious but the best levis is not 501, but LVC A.K.A Levis Vintage Collections

Thats the best levis u can buy. Most of them are repro from old model and use oak mill selvedge (well last 2 years ago la since cone mills white oak shut down but ive read that they were resurrected but that is another story).

And no... levis is not the tag heuer of denim. I can give u alot more brand that is more superior from levis. Levis is iconic thats for sure but not tag heuer kindda reference lol.
I see, thanks for ur feedback and comment, in the end I went with Uniqlo's selvedge jeans for my first pair of jeans. Just a side question, although I was told that it's ok to not wash it for the first time before wearing, but I hand washed it soon after I bought it, would that bring any negative impact on the jeans ?
g3n0c1d3
post Oct 28 2019, 11:39 AM

6,493 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Oct 28 2019, 01:14 AM)
I see, thanks for ur feedback and comment, in the end I went with Uniqlo's selvedge jeans for my first pair of jeans. Just a side question, although I was told that it's ok to not wash it for the first time before wearing, but I hand washed it soon after I bought it, would that bring any negative impact on the jeans ?
A clothes is a clothes. No worries about it. Just wear it and wash it when its dirty. Unless u wanted the high contrast fade.
For a longer lasting denim, hand wash it. It should be good for some period of time.

TSSotsotzaii
post Oct 28 2019, 11:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,218 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Oct 28 2019, 11:39 AM)
A clothes is a clothes. No worries about it. Just wear it and wash it when its dirty. Unless u wanted the high contrast fade.
For a longer lasting denim, hand wash it. It should be good for some period of time.
I'm trying to achieve the high contrast fade if I can, but does this high contrast fade appear on every jeans as long as it's denim material ? I think if so, to achieve that, really need to wear for months without washing.
g3n0c1d3
post Oct 28 2019, 11:50 AM

6,493 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Oct 28 2019, 11:44 AM)
I'm trying to achieve the high contrast fade if I can, but does this high contrast fade appear on every jeans as long as it's denim material ? I think if so, to achieve that, really need to wear for months without washing.
Not really. If u wanted to achive high contrast high fade kindda thing, the only advise i can give to u is wear the jeans every.single.day. Try to avoid washing it (but if its too dirty then just hand wash or soak it and then dry it by hand).

No worries. Uniqlo also can achieved that high contrast high fade. My brother did it so i guess its not impossible
TSSotsotzaii
post Oct 28 2019, 11:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,218 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Oct 28 2019, 11:50 AM)
Not really. If u wanted to achive high contrast high fade kindda thing, the only advise i can give to u is wear the jeans every.single.day. Try to avoid washing it (but if its too dirty then just hand wash or soak it and then dry it by hand).

No worries. Uniqlo also can achieved that high contrast high fade. My brother did it so i guess its not impossible
Ok that's a relief, because I really fell in love with this pair of uniqlo jeans which is my first jeans. I don't think I will have the chance to wear it everyday, but even if I don't, and I wear it occasionally, and avoid washing, over time I believe the high contrast fade will slowly appear ? Or u mean the ONLY WAY to achieve high contrast fade would be to wear it every single day ?
g3n0c1d3
post Oct 28 2019, 12:12 PM

6,493 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Oct 28 2019, 11:52 AM)
Ok that's a relief, because I really fell in love with this pair of uniqlo jeans which is my first jeans. I don't think I will have the chance to wear it everyday, but even if I don't, and I wear it occasionally, and avoid washing, over time I believe the high contrast fade will slowly appear ? Or u mean the ONLY WAY to achieve high contrast fade would be to wear it every single day ?
Its gonna take longer lah to achieve the fade. But if u have time sure u can wait. My brother wear that exclusively for 3 years before achieving a good result.
My samurai jeans i wear for 2 years and almost every day only showing sign of fade.

TSSotsotzaii
post Oct 28 2019, 12:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,218 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Oct 28 2019, 12:12 PM)
Its gonna take longer lah to achieve the fade. But if u have time sure u can wait. My brother wear that exclusively for 3 years before achieving a good result.
My samurai jeans i wear for 2 years and almost every day only showing sign of fade.
Ohhh so it's not a MUST to wear everyday ? So as long as I got wear it and over time it will achieve the fade, just that it will take really long, few years. Ok i get it bro
chiahau
post Oct 28 2019, 01:39 PM

Fatthau StalKer
All Stars
14,074 posts

Mine has been close to 3 years but still no significant fade coz I wear it rather occasionally than religiously.

But so far so good, nothing's busted yet.

Would love a second pair of N&F someday

TSSotsotzaii
post Oct 28 2019, 03:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,218 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Oct 28 2019, 12:12 PM)
Btw bro, wanna ask u about cuffing the bottom of jeans, in general isit cuff 2 times ? And can I just leave it folded even when not wearing ?
g3n0c1d3
post Oct 28 2019, 06:37 PM

6,493 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Oct 28 2019, 03:59 PM)
Btw bro, wanna ask u about cuffing the bottom of jeans, in general isit cuff 2 times ? And can I just leave it folded even when not wearing ?
There are no rules against it. Sure u can cuff 2-3 or as much as u like. My samurai jeans i cuff it like 6-7 times because its too long and i dont want to cut it.

Jason
post Oct 28 2019, 09:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(Sotsotzaii @ Oct 27 2019, 11:32 AM)

Yes. Uniqlo are max bang for buck jeans. Try and make sure the cutting fits you. They are lightweight and comfortable. Good value for selvedge. I would buy them over Levi’s every time except the MIJ and LVC range. Really loved my 511 MIJ

Padini crap.. H&M might have collabs from time to time.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:48 PM