Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Audio setup for Honda Accord

views

TSxenon_aniki
post Oct 25 2019, 10:32 PM, updated 5y ago

Regular
1,067 posts

Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy 2nd hand Honda Accord (less than 5 years from manufactured date) and to put in some Audio system. I sorry for the noob questions, as below.

1) Any issue on the warranty if i install after market HU & speakers if the car has warranty upto 5 years?
2) Can I not change the HU but increase the sound quality? Is changing the HU will increase the sound quality (normal person can hear the differences)
3) If I change the HU, what will happen to honda standard features (e.g. rear camera for parking), can it work with the new HU?

Thanks in advance.
Oldskolboyz
post Oct 26 2019, 09:38 AM

Regular
1,422 posts

Go for number 2.. add
1) add Alpine H701
2) Front Steg RE 3 way
3) Rear Sanspeak Full range
4) Sub JL Audio W6
5) Zapco Amp

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
EdBaaBaa.
post Oct 26 2019, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(xenon_aniki @ Oct 25 2019, 10:32 PM)
Hi Guys,

Im planning to buy 2nd hand Honda Accord (less than 5 years from manufactured date) and to put in some Audio system. I sorry for the noob questions, as below.

1) Any issue on the warranty if i install after market HU & speakers if the car has warranty upto 5 years? no issue
2) Can I not change the HU but increase the sound quality? Is changing the HU will increase the sound quality (normal person can hear the differences)
yes u can.. invest in speaker or amp or both
3) If I change the HU, what will happen to honda standard features (e.g. rear camera for parking), can it work with the new HU?
of coz will not work.. find the compatible HU then

Thanks in advance.
rclxm9.gif
howiechoo
post Oct 29 2019, 09:51 PM

Sincerely providing good music since 2004
1,919 posts

QUOTE(xenon_aniki @ Oct 25 2019, 10:32 PM)
Hi Guys,

1) Any issue on the warranty if i install after market HU & speakers if the car has warranty upto 5 years?

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes or No, depend on how the installer install it and how you deal with the service center. Know what your installer doing will do.
2. yes can, but changing the headunit wont yield too much difference if other hardware are not change. I will suggest u go for signal processing, nowadays sound processing unit are cheaper and it's give much better results.
3. parking cam will work with some tweak on the install side. For peace of mind, install aftermarket camera for clearer and cleaner picture too.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:24 PM