Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Stolen card and hotel bookings, What happen to hotel bookings?

views

TSiphreeta
post Oct 19 2019, 08:25 PM, updated 5y ago

7 posts

I have a question.
Normally if you tell the hotel that your credit card was being stolen and you did not make any bookings, shouldn't the hotel void/cancel the booking on the spot?

Because I went and did that to one particular hotel(dont want to mention the name of this famous hotel), informing them that I did not make such booking because my card was truly stolen. And this hotel told me that they could not cancel because the policy stated that no free cancellation can be made within 24 hours prior to the booking.

Does such policy truly exist??

This post has been edited by iphreeta: Oct 19 2019, 08:36 PM
SUS2feidei
post Oct 19 2019, 08:27 PM

Ayam tatau, ayam virgin (c)
3,158 posts

you got checked-in?
TSiphreeta
post Oct 19 2019, 08:41 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Oct 19 2019, 08:27 PM)
you got checked-in?
No I did not check in. I was at the hotel premise because my friend was checking all of us in. It was my friend's booking with his name and his credit card. And because we all have to submit our passport to the receptionist, and the hotel staff saw my name on my passport and informed me that there's another booking under my name, using my card to booked 5 extra rooms! That's where I told them I did not make such booking and definitely my card number was being stolen to made such ridiculous booking.
SUS2feidei
post Oct 19 2019, 09:29 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(iphreeta @ Oct 19 2019, 08:41 PM)
No I did not check in. I was at the hotel premise because my friend was checking all of us in. It was my friend's booking with his name and his credit card. And because we all have to submit our passport to the receptionist, and the hotel staff saw my name on my passport and informed me that there's another booking under my name, using my card to booked 5 extra rooms! That's where I told them I did not make such booking and definitely my card number was being stolen to made such ridiculous booking.
wahlau...what a coincidence when u checked in the hotel and the hotel found out you already booked 5 extra room with your credit cards sweat.gif

very likely insider job....

if the fella already checked in, go report police, caught the fella red-handed. If not checked in, ask hotel reception to cancel and dispute with credit card co (if already charged)
TSiphreeta
post Oct 19 2019, 09:48 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Oct 19 2019, 09:29 PM)
wahlau...what a coincidence when u checked in the hotel and the hotel found out you already booked 5 extra room with your credit cards  sweat.gif

very likely insider job....

if the fella already checked in, go report police, caught the fella red-handed. If not checked in, ask hotel reception to cancel and dispute with credit card co (if already charged)
Thanks!! That booking wasn't checked in, so that's why I asked the hotel to cancel but that bloody hotel went and tell me that there's no free cancellation, to cancel I will have to pay for that 5 room's first night! I was so angry and was making a scene at the reception counter and the manager of that hotel did not even come out to meet me, only left that one staff who tried his best to help me. And now my card got charged for the 5 rooms! I was so angry that I filed dispute with credit card company already. But can anyone tell me what else I can do/should I do in this situation?
SUS2feidei
post Oct 19 2019, 09:54 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(iphreeta @ Oct 19 2019, 09:48 PM)
Thanks!! That booking wasn't checked in, so that's why I asked the hotel to cancel but that bloody hotel went and tell me that there's no free cancellation, to cancel I will have to pay for that 5 room's first night! I was so angry and was making a scene at the reception counter and the manager of that hotel did not even come out to meet me, only left that one staff who tried his best to help me. And now my card got charged for the 5 rooms! I was so angry that I filed dispute with credit card company already. But can anyone tell me what else I can do/should I do in this situation?
wait tongue.gif
TSiphreeta
post Oct 20 2019, 05:04 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Oct 19 2019, 09:54 PM)
wait  tongue.gif
😔😔 haih... I guess its like you said, just wait.... but I am very displeased about that hotel in this matter... I think I should give a review bout this hotel through booking.com
SUS2feidei
post Oct 20 2019, 05:11 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(iphreeta @ Oct 20 2019, 05:04 PM)
😔😔 haih... I guess its like you said, just wait.... but I am very displeased about that hotel in this matter... I think I should give a review bout this hotel through booking.com
Coz, if you look at hotel point of view, if they decide to allow u to cancel the booking (yeah, definitely not your fault, neither are they), they will lost 5 room to rent out as they had reserve the room for "fake you" since your complain/ cancellation only within 24 hours prior to check-in date. So, for them, it is a lost income already.

Unless the credit card company willing to reimburse them for the loss, they will try their best not to allow u to cancel i.e. refund back to u. It is the fault of the credit card company not able to pick up the fraudulent transactions, of course, they will investigate first, whether u r careless with your credit card or not, to held you responsible (i.e. u pay for it) or credit card co.

Either way, someone got to absorb the loss of 5 empty room booking
TSiphreeta
post Oct 20 2019, 10:05 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Oct 20 2019, 05:11 PM)
Coz, if you look at hotel point of view, if they decide to allow u to cancel the booking (yeah, definitely not your fault, neither are they), they will lost 5 room to rent out as they had reserve the room for  "fake you" since your complain/ cancellation only within 24 hours prior to check-in date. So, for them, it is a lost income already.

Unless the credit card company willing to reimburse them for the loss, they will try their best not to allow u to cancel i.e. refund back to u. It is the fault of the credit card company not able to pick up the fraudulent transactions, of course, they will investigate first, whether u r careless with your credit card or not, to held you responsible (i.e. u pay for it) or credit card co.

Either way, someone got to absorb the loss of 5 empty room booking
😔😔😔...well I guess you are right too...I hope it's like you said that the credit card company will reimburse... anyway, thanks alot for giving me advices 😊😊

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.78    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:06 PM