Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

I get hired?

views

TSAlotquestion
post Oct 16 2019, 12:39 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
73 posts

after Finish interview the employer ask me to wait outside a while. Then HR gave me a form “statutory declaration” and ask me to take this form to commissioner for oaths...

Does this means they decide to hire me soon? I’m quite strange with this “oaths”. What’s the use of it ??

I don dare to ask HR whether I will get hire by them coz it will show how desperate I am. Anyone can tell me here ? Thanks
wych
post Oct 16 2019, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

first question is, what thing they want you to declare/take oath for?
hopefully you are not cheating on stuff you give them
JREnterprise
post Oct 16 2019, 12:44 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

I never had this kind of experience before, are they doing background checking on you?

TSAlotquestion
post Oct 16 2019, 12:58 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(wych @ Oct 16 2019, 12:43 PM)
first question is, what thing they want you to declare/take oath for?
hopefully you are not cheating on stuff you give them
yes i swear i never cheat. the form i filled in was about my past employers. fyi the employer is a bank industry

QUOTE(JREnterprise @ Oct 16 2019, 12:44 PM)
I never had this kind of experience before, are they doing background checking on you?
im wondering about that too. is that normal? fyi the employer is a bank industry
JREnterprise
post Oct 16 2019, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

I guess they are doing background checking on you. Once you passed the background check, your % of getting hired is pretty high.
Expert Pundit
post Oct 16 2019, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

They are doing background check. They will only proceed if you are hired. So, it doesn't mean anything really about your chance.
TSAlotquestion
post Oct 16 2019, 09:10 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(JREnterprise @ Oct 16 2019, 01:28 PM)
I guess they are doing background checking on you. Once you passed the background check, your % of getting hired is pretty high.
QUOTE(Expert Pundit @ Oct 16 2019, 01:48 PM)
They are doing background check. They will only proceed if you are hired. So, it doesn't mean anything really about your chance.
how long does it takes for them to do the background check?
Topace111
post Oct 16 2019, 11:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(Alotquestion @ Oct 16 2019, 09:10 PM)
how long does it takes for them to do the background check?
Each bank differs, depends on hr efficiency. It's a bank Megara requirement for mandatory employment background check for all prospective new staff. To me, nothing is concrete until your employer:
1) Negotiate salary
2) Do medical check
3) Most important is the offer letter

Without 1 or 2 above, I won't even bother about the chances. If 3 comes in, I will spend the normal 2 week deliberating on it.

If you don't have other offer waiting for your response, just wait/ keep applying to others. All the best.
ipohmali70
post Oct 17 2019, 08:15 AM

Regular
1,133 posts

QUOTE(Alotquestion @ Oct 16 2019, 12:39 PM)
after Finish interview the employer ask me to wait outside a while. Then HR gave me a form “statutory declaration” and ask me to take this form to commissioner for oaths...
Does this means they decide to hire me soon? I’m quite strange with this “oaths”. What’s the use of it ??
I don dare to ask HR whether I will get hire by them coz it will show how desperate I am. Anyone can tell me here ? Thanks
Best to ask HR.

COOLPINK
post Oct 17 2019, 08:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

what line of work your applying for?
System Error Message
post Oct 17 2019, 10:44 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(Alotquestion @ Oct 16 2019, 12:39 PM)
until you have a signed offer letter, you have not gotten the job yet.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.05    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:02 AM