Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Question on wrong account bank in from biz acc

views

TSKuzumiTaiga
post Oct 15 2019, 02:39 PM, updated 5y ago

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,283 posts

Update: money bounced back by the next day morning. Matter resolved!

Hi, first of all I didn't get scammed, it's my fault.

So I'm a seller, and sold something for 1.5k to a company, in my invoice to customer, my account number is wrongly stated there (one wrong digit, new system of mine I screw up on typing the number in invoice)

Company already transfered the money to the wrong account, but I am sure the wrong account is an invalid bank account number.

Customer company transfer is from Hong leong business connect (Sdn Bhd type) to my Maybank business current account.

Money already deduct from customer account.

I already received the email from Hong leong saying it was "successfully credited to your account" with the wrong account number. Apparently the biz account didn't verify or match before transferring out.

Customer said will revert back to me once the money bounce back to their account, I'm not worried about customer, I'm just worried about bank not bouncing back, what should I do yeah? Really appreciate any advice.

So this case should be similar to those who wrongly give their salary account number

This post has been edited by KuzumiTaiga: Oct 17 2019, 01:36 AM
skloda
post Oct 15 2019, 02:45 PM

Keep Calm , You Only Live Once
1,857 posts

if account name & number not tally will bounce back .. but took some time .. mine was overseas transaction ... not sure about local to local.
ukauka2020
post Oct 15 2019, 02:50 PM

Casual
316 posts

depends on how efficient the bank is. for domestic transfer, it should be quite fast.
mini orchard
post Oct 15 2019, 03:14 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

For online transfer .... when keyed in CORRECT account number .... payee's name will appear auto ... NO?

When invalid account number, can transfer be perfected even though the payee's name is correct.? If that is so, meaning dont need account number anymore ... just use name.

I thought the sequence should be 1st account number. Name plus ic or co reg no matches only when payer request.

When account number is invalid, how can the money be credited into the account? Matching a square with a cylinder?

Would want confirmation.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Oct 15 2019, 03:31 PM
kennykong85
post Oct 15 2019, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Oct 15 2019, 02:39 PM)

So I'm a seller, and sold something for 1.5k to a company, in my invoice to customer, my account number is wrongly stated there (one wrong digit, new system of mine I screw up on typing the number in invoice)

Company already transfered the money to the wrong account, but I am sure the wrong account is an invalid bank account number.

Customer company transfer is from Hong leong business connect (Sdn Bhd type) to my Maybank business current account.

I already received the email from Hong leong saying it was "successfully credited to your account" with the wrong account number. Apparently the biz account didn't verify or match before transferring out.
Customer said will revert back to me once the money bounce back to their account, I'm not worried about customer, I'm just worried about bank not bouncing back, what should I do yeah? Really appreciate any advice.

So this case should be similar to those who wrongly give their salary account number
1. ask hong leong bank did the transaction go thru. depending on banks, like rhb, even name and acc no not tally, transaction will go through as long as u key in valid acc no.

2. if transaction failed, it means the acc no is invalid (no such acc no in the sys), then fund will credit back to hong leong automatically.

3 if transaction go thru, it means sudah masuk some1 else acc, talk to hong leong bank and request their assistance to contact the salah acc holder and c if the acc holder willing to cooperate and transfer back to u, usually they will transfer back to u 1 la in most cases, generally msian are all nice ppl

4. every biz transaction should key in company reg no becoz biz transaction will use company reg. no to match with the acc no.

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Oct 15 2019, 03:14 PM)
For online transfer .... when keyed in CORRECT account number .... payee's name will appear auto ... NO?

When invalid account number, can transfer be perfected even though the payee's name is correct.? If that is so, meaning dont need account number anymore ... just use name.

I thought the sequence should be 1st account number. Name plus ic or co reg no matches only when payer request.

Would want confirmation.
ONLY apply to personal transactions, company different

This post has been edited by kennykong85: Oct 15 2019, 03:32 PM
TSKuzumiTaiga
post Oct 15 2019, 06:00 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,283 posts

QUOTE(kennykong85 @ Oct 15 2019, 03:31 PM)
1. ask hong leong bank did the transaction go thru. depending on banks, like rhb, even name and acc no not tally, transaction will go through as long as u key in valid acc no.

2. if transaction failed, it means the acc no is invalid (no such acc no in the sys), then fund will credit back to hong leong automatically.

3 if transaction go thru, it means sudah masuk some1 else acc, talk to hong leong bank  and request their assistance to contact the salah acc holder and c if the acc holder willing to cooperate and transfer back to u, usually they will transfer back to u 1 la in most cases, generally msian are all nice ppl

4. every biz transaction should key in company reg no becoz biz transaction will use company reg. no  to match with the acc no.
I already double check the wrong account num is invalid, yet still successfully transferred lol in their system. Headache headache

mini orchard
post Oct 15 2019, 09:36 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(kennykong85 @ Oct 15 2019, 03:31 PM)
How is company account transactions then?

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Oct 15 2019, 09:37 PM
kennykong85
post Oct 16 2019, 08:09 AM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Oct 15 2019, 06:00 PM)
I already double check the wrong account num is invalid, yet still successfully transferred lol in their system. Headache headache
U fotta check with the bank u transferred to - mbb right? Gotta ask them u transfer from HL to mbb and mana fund tu.

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Oct 15 2019, 09:36 PM)
How is company account transactions then?
Refer to my post no.4

For company to Company acc, bank will only cross verify if u key in the ssm company registration num.
From company to personal : u gotta key in ic to cross verify.
WaCKy-Angel
post Oct 16 2019, 08:14 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Oct 15 2019, 02:39 PM)

Definitely will bounce back because even if the account no exists it will compare the name and bounce back.
mini orchard
post Oct 16 2019, 08:22 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(kennykong85 @ Oct 16 2019, 08:09 AM)

For company to Company acc, bank will only cross verify if u key in the ssm company registration num.
From company to personal : u gotta key in ic to cross verify.
But my refund from a travel agency for booking was bank in online with just the account number wor?

Strange but true. Sometime wonder how is their system.

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Oct 16 2019, 08:32 AM
kennykong85
post Oct 16 2019, 09:00 AM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(mini orchard @ Oct 16 2019, 08:22 AM)
But my refund from a travel agency for booking was bank in online with just the account number wor?

Strange but true. Sometime wonder how is their system.
if u bank in with acc no only. bank will only verify if such acc exist, if acc valid, then transaction will go thru most likely dont care what name u enter 1

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:53 PM