Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University How does OUM grades its assignments?, How OUM grades its assignments?

views

TSsalmen148
post Oct 10 2019, 11:34 AM, updated 5y ago

8 posts

Hello, I'm currently in my 4th semester at OUM.

I was wondering how OUM grades assignments of students. For my maths assignment, I got 5 marks less than a friend who copied my assignment, the deduction wasn't for plagiarism but for not rounding off one answer. I didn't round off the decimals to the nearest hundreds.

For the previous semester, I got very low marks on one English assignment. The assignment was to write an essay on student-centered and teacher-centered learning approaches in universities and college. I admit most of my points were based on secondary schools, however, I had one point, in particular, that was based on universities with references. They pointed out that that point was not appropriate for universities. That grader also didn't give me marks for my references, which I provided.

When I contacted OUM's ECRM, they replied after 2 weeks that I should apply for remarking, which has a fee, and that they don't recommend me applying for remarking as most of the time, the results will be same.

So I'm currently curious about how OUM grades its assignments and also who grades the assignments?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0100sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:02 PM