Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New PC build, Recommendation for RM2000 budget build

views

TSLimJason P
post Oct 9 2019, 08:26 PM, updated 5y ago

Probation
12 posts

Good days All,

i'm currently interested in building my very own pc for the 1st time at RM2000 budget. To clarify, I am building a pc for mostly video editing as i am not interested in gaming. Any recommendations are welcome, if possibly list down the parts and price. ( Extra, any recommendation for a mechanical keyboard, which is less than RM100, no rgb works fine with me ?
Thanks in advance mates!.
TSLimJason P
post Oct 10 2019, 02:29 PM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(wira4ce @ Oct 10 2019, 10:29 AM)
which video editor are your going to use? most of video editing focusing on raw cpu power, some are using gpu. in your case, my recommendation, go with amd cpu and try to get yourself secondhand ram and gpu, it will significantly help you to get decent build with limited budget.

for keyboard, rm 100 for mech, my suggestion secondhand keyboard. ditch the branded one. it will cost you fortune. armaggeddon do have cheap one, but I have no idea how it perform. ARMAGGEDDON MKA-8C (RM95)
Hi wira4ce,
Thanks for replying~~
The video editor that i'm gonna use probably are adobe AE , adobe premiere pro, davinci resolve, and maybe some other adobe software in the future. which ryzen series do you recommend which has more raw cpu power?? what are the side effect of having a secondhand gpu and ram ? As i know if the prior user uses either gpu or ram for overclocking, their lifespan may decrease greatly.
What the least GB of ram ? & mhz
Which gpu do you recommend? & the minimum Vram it has?

For the keyboard, i prefer a brown switch if my budget allows.
Thanks..... ^^
TSLimJason P
post Oct 11 2019, 08:53 PM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(wira4ce @ Oct 10 2019, 04:34 PM)
da vinci use more on cpu power. paid version can use gpu to render. with your budget,gpu go for nvidia 1060 6gb, secondhand can get around rm500-600, if you are amd fan, try to look similar performance. for AMD CPU, try get the one around rm 700 (total 1300), the balance rm 700, get motherboard, ram, psu and ssd. for starter, get 8gb ram, upgrade when necessary. ssd is a must for today os. plan how much you need to burn on each item.

side effect of secondhand? Yes and No, depending on how the previous owner used that item. for ram, make sure you request receipt, since most of the ram comes with lifetime warranty. same for GPU, having receipt and still under warranty do help countermeasure problem, except for mining set. I do not think they will provide warranty for mining set, even under warranty.
Hi wira4ce,
6gb is enough??? how many radeon gpu??? cause from what i read, intel and nvidia are price killer.. For gpu , is it best to go for nvidia or radeon ?? which motherboard and psu do you recommend though ???
Thanks.
TSLimJason P
post Oct 11 2019, 08:56 PM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Oct 10 2019, 04:56 PM)
Dell R720 Retired High End Server
Intel Xeon Dual E5-2670v2 ( Total 32 CORES, 64 Threads!!)
48GB ECC DDR3
DELL H710 6Gb SAS RAID CARD!!

NOT just CPU, you need very fast Storage Speed too.

SSD Cant help you
You need RAID with SSD

Server without Storage, i can get it under RM2000
I dont recommend retail parts for rendering.
They are expensive, yet slow, and not design to run 24 Hours.
But not every accessible to these Retired Server which available at 1/30 of its original price.
Hi,
"I dont recommend retail parts for rendering." -> you mean that for computer parts it is not recommended to buy at a shop? or for the parts it is best to buy online then an existing shops?
Thanks.
TSLimJason P
post Oct 15 2019, 07:01 PM

Probation
12 posts

QUOTE(wira4ce @ Oct 15 2019, 11:05 AM)
6GB of GPU or RAM? 1 gpu enough, as I mentioned, u need to know which software are you going to utilize. any mobo will do, for psu go for 650watt. get the good one.
yes sir, I will help report you to moderator. no worries.
6gpu of Vram. Probably will go Davinci Resolve, therefore AMD or NVIDIA gpu is better ? . 650watt , isn't it abit overkill? i thought that 500watt is enough?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.42    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:31 PM