Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

a pain using a big bike (650cc above) in traffic

views

alexei
post Jan 31 2020, 10:54 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(deadwolf @ Jan 30 2020, 03:19 PM)
Yup that's the one  biggrin.gif Yea the NC has engine braking, but less than my er6n. The thing I noticed is that the NC's power delivery and acceleration is very smooth, so the engine braking when you shut the throttle too fast feels really abrupt in comparison. Whereas er6n acceleration and engine braking both feel "similar" to each other, if you get what I mean (not sure how to describe it further  hmm.gif )
Upgrade you say? What bike do you have in mind?
No put fon number then buyer need to have mudah account to PM you.
Karenalvin
post Jan 31 2020, 02:06 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Jan 31 2020, 10:41 AM)
Need to practive more, the gap between cars in Klang valley when during Jam in avearge still have space for bike to move in between, different if you need to go through jam in Penang George town for example since its sidemirror to sidemirror wide...

Was commuting using an aircooled Murica cruiser (the one that will cook your balls when stuck on traffic) before with side panniers to KLCC and back then changed to boxer engine powered bike.. but now downgrade to a scooter  (For commuting purposes) after I found out cost replacing clutch of liquid cooled boxer engine expensive as f!$$! hahaha...

So not about the bike width when it comes to traffic jam, but more to conserve my clutchplates..  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
also the position of my side mirror and also its height. i can't make myself to fold it up like what they do for those kapcai.
deadwolf
post Feb 2 2020, 02:54 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Jan 31 2020, 10:54 AM)
Upgrade you say? What bike do you have in mind?
No put fon number then buyer need to have mudah account to PM you.
Thanks for the tip re: phone number; totally forgot about that!

Planning to get a z900 or MT09. Currently leaning more towards the z900 due to its compact size. After riding the NC700X and er6n side by side for several months I realised that while the NC is more comfortable and economical, I still prefer the er6n's compact size and low seat and tighter suspension especially for commuting in traffic and weekend riding. z900 seems like a logical next step since its also quite compact and low for a superbike.

badaveil
post Aug 2 2021, 02:04 AM

4 posts

I ride a 350cc cruiser and riding in inner city traffic is not difficult but no way can I compete with kapcais as I tend to cruise more. I have to pay attention when it concerns squeezing in between cars because I note the height of mirrors of some cars are the same as my mirrors. I agree with someone who said he who is skilled in balancing his ride has the edge in heavy traffic.
cmah89
post Aug 2 2021, 07:03 PM

Getting Started
156 posts

zx10r > s1000rr from kajang to Shah Alam Hicom
Leave early lejan kesas sampai petronas have breakfast.

finish work ikut lorong motor ride chill all the way home...

thats back in 2017/2018
lowpro
post Aug 5 2021, 12:45 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(badaveil @ Aug 2 2021, 02:04 AM)
I ride a 350cc cruiser and riding in inner city traffic is not difficult but no way can I compete with kapcais as I tend to cruise more. I have to pay attention when it concerns squeezing in between cars because I note the height of mirrors of some cars are the same as my mirrors. I agree with someone who said he who is skilled in balancing his ride has the edge in heavy traffic.
Yeah, the mirrors are really crappy. My previous bike's mirrors were lower. Hence, no problems. My current one rclxub.gif Have to be very careful. But when it comes to big bikes running in traffic, it kinda depends. My previous 600 was an inline 4 and it was a little more difficult to ciluk as the CG was a little higher. My current one is much easier to get around traffic due to better CG and also lower weight. I think most naked 650 twins or V as in my case, and above should be pretty easy in traffic.

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:33 AM