Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Any z1000sx owner here? Or maybe z1000?, Need advice on wear&tear and maintenance

views

TSThE DaReDeViL
post Oct 2 2019, 02:30 PM, updated 5y ago

2 posts

Hello fellow riders. Continued from my previous question, I have made up my mind for z1000sx. But a bit change of plan is I might trade in my er6n, so I will need to know how much difference on the parts and maintenance? I mean like common issues or extra care needed? And price of wear and tear parts? Already know the difference of eo change and tires... So I can roughly calculate to see which is more cost effective and decide whether or not to keep my current bike...

2nd question will be should I trade in my bike? If I traded in, then I just need to maintain 1 bike, can the $$ as DP so my monthly repayment lowered, and also most important only 1 insurance & road tax. Anyway, my house lack of parking space. So if I have both bike, one of it will need to keep in house and my house is pretty small... sad.gif

Thank you for the time and guidance...

This post has been edited by ThE DaReDeViL: Dec 4 2019, 10:06 AM
kezsz
post Oct 2 2019, 02:33 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

Depends on what riding type u want to do... I was on naked for few years... Yes speed is nice but long distance I nearly died... Traded it in and got myself a touring bike... Now I'm smiling Everytime I do long distance ... For me it was worth it...
TSThE DaReDeViL
post Oct 2 2019, 02:41 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(kezsz @ Oct 2 2019, 02:33 PM)
Depends on what riding type u want to do... I was on naked for few years... Yes speed is nice but long distance I nearly died... Traded it in and got myself a touring bike... Now I'm smiling Everytime I do long distance ... For me it was worth it...
I'm on naked bike now and I'm OK doing long ride with it. Not so comfortable, but is acceptable as the seating position is not too low. Now eyeing on supersport which the seating position is much lower, so need to know how bad it is for long ride.
zerouzer
post Oct 2 2019, 02:44 PM

Getting Started
144 posts

If money not an issue, get the KTM 790. Fully loaded with top spec electronics you could want in a bike so it is future proof for a while. If I have the dough and a need for a new bike, its definitely this. or the africa twin if they make an 850cc version.

Nothing beats doing long distance on purpose built bikes like versys or other touring bikes though. I've ridden a supersport body pose bike (Blade 650) and it gets old quick on long highways. Naked bikes (z800, z750) are more comfortable posture wise but touring bikes with big screens are just very comfortable.
mat_7824
post Oct 2 2019, 02:45 PM

22 posts

For me, my vote is still touring bike.

As I'm using it daily for work (Kajang - Shah Alam - Kajang), some weekend & balik kampung rides (Melaka), I'm comfortable with it. Factors like seating position, fuel consumption & luggage carrying capability is the main concern during my search of suitable bike for me earlier this year.

My bike as shown at the siggy below: Yamaha Tracer 900 GT.
Tariq_H
post Oct 2 2019, 02:45 PM

On my way
651 posts

See S1000XR, its touring bike with supersport engine, using same 4 cylinder engine with S1000RR. Usually touring is only 2 cylinder engine.
mat_7824
post Oct 2 2019, 02:48 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ Oct 2 2019, 02:45 PM)
See S1000XR, its touring bike with supersport engine, using same 4 cylinder engine with S1000RR. Usually touring is only 2 cylinder engine.
Yamaha Tracer is using 3 cylinder.
TSThE DaReDeViL
post Oct 2 2019, 02:56 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(zerouzer @ Oct 2 2019, 02:44 PM)
If money not an issue, get the KTM 790. Fully loaded with top spec electronics you could want in a bike so it is future proof for a while. If I have the dough and a need for a new bike, its definitely this. or the africa twin if they make an 850cc version.

Nothing beats doing long distance on purpose built bikes like versys or other touring bikes though. I've ridden a supersport body pose bike (Blade 650) and it gets old quick on long highways. Naked bikes (z800, z750) are more comfortable posture wise but touring bikes with big screens are just very comfortable.
For me quite an issue, haha. That's why I'm keeping my er6. Cheap service and maintenance. Haha. Am actually eyeing on 2nd hand only. Budget max 50k, but of course lower better. Model decide later, main focus I wanna know which type I should get either supersport or naked/sport-touring.
TSThE DaReDeViL
post Oct 2 2019, 02:58 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(mat_7824 @ Oct 2 2019, 02:45 PM)
For me, my vote is still touring bike.

As I'm using it daily for work (Kajang - Shah Alam - Kajang), some weekend & balik kampung rides (Melaka), I'm comfortable with it. Factors like seating position, fuel consumption & luggage carrying capability is the main concern during my search of suitable bike for me earlier this year.

My bike as shown at the siggy below: Yamaha Tracer 900 GT.
Yeah, no doubt that touring bike is still the best option. But currently not considering it yet. Anyway, I eyed on 900gt before. Power wise still good thumbsup.gif
TSThE DaReDeViL
post Oct 2 2019, 03:01 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ Oct 2 2019, 02:45 PM)
BMW out of my league bro haha. Btw, usually if it's made for touring, usually they will tune down even if using same engine right? If going for sport touring will choose z1000sx or GTR. Anyway, priority still wish for supersport, just waiting for some rider suggestions.
ralfvi
post Oct 2 2019, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

the africa twin is one of the best bike for touring long distance.
but @ 80k++ unsure.gif
ajaibman
post Oct 2 2019, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(ThE DaReDeViL @ Oct 2 2019, 03:01 PM)
BMW out of my league bro haha. Btw, usually if it's made for touring, usually they will tune down even if using same engine right? If going for sport touring will choose z1000sx or GTR. Anyway, priority still wish for supersport, just waiting for some rider suggestions.
Says who detuned?
hahha

Chased one of them to Putrajaya through MEX highway.. my speedo reaching 230 kmph .... S1000XR stil way ahead of me...

Only a Multistrada can be on par with that beast (for a ADV touring bike)

XJ6 and the family? its 4 cylinder and below 50k mark
TSThE DaReDeViL
post Oct 2 2019, 04:16 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Oct 2 2019, 03:17 PM)
Says who detuned?
hahha
Chased one of them to Putrajaya through MEX highway.. my speedo reaching 230 kmph .... S1000XR stil way ahead of me...

Only a Multistrada can be on par with that beast (for a ADV touring bike)

XJ6 and the family? its 4 cylinder and below 50k mark
Nah, just asking. Since like z1000 and zx10r, same 1000cc and 4cylinder, but zx10r way more powerful. That's why asking. Anyway, dilemma between bike nature. After choosing, which to go only find which model fits my budget.
mADmAN
post Oct 2 2019, 04:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

my choice is the sport touring....Z1000sx. best of both worlds

sporty enough for enthusiastic rides... comfy enough for long rides and will still look good with panniers

i ride a z900 and do long distance rides.. wind resistance can get tiring but im ok with it... wind noise is also an issue but i wear ear plugs

If still want a supersport... just get watever u like... then bear with the discomfort.....since thats what u like... u will definitely bear with it wan tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mADmAN: Oct 2 2019, 04:59 PM
mypie
post Oct 2 2019, 06:41 PM

40 posts

For top speed and comfortable long riding, get the king of highway. GTR. There is nothing to upgrade after that except K6 or gold wing.
TSThE DaReDeViL
post Oct 2 2019, 07:49 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Oct 2 2019, 04:54 PM)
my choice is the sport touring....Z1000sx. best of both worlds

sporty enough for enthusiastic rides... comfy enough for long rides and will still look good with panniers

i ride a z900 and do long distance rides.. wind resistance can get tiring but im ok with it... wind noise is also an issue but i wear ear plugs

If still want a supersport... just get watever u like... then bear with the discomfort.....since thats what u like... u will definitely bear with it wan tongue.gif
Just see if any Supersport user can tell me how discomfort it is. Haha. If slightly I'm still OK, but if it is really bad, I'm willing to trade it for sport touring. But too bad, I think not much supersport rider here? Coz even if test ride I can just do a short ride. Won't know long ride how.
TSThE DaReDeViL
post Oct 2 2019, 07:51 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(mypie @ Oct 2 2019, 06:41 PM)
For top speed and comfortable long riding, get the king of highway. GTR. There is nothing to upgrade after that except K6 or gold wing.
Definitely in my list, just feels like lack of some "wow" factor. Haha tongue.gif
alexei
post Oct 2 2019, 09:39 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

@TS: Even for supersport, the level of comfort varies greatly.
Many users ride far on supersports, definitely uncomfortable, YMMV.
Personally, I do not mind it.

Some seek the destination, some seek the journey;
Some like comfort, some do not.

Just rest more and remember to enjoy it, that's all. Even the kapcai's been to London wey... No, I am not referring to the RS150 couple, a few uncles went there on kapcai's.

Moreover, for a same model, different year/generation offers different levels of comfort, especially for race models with chassis re-designs. R6 doesn't go through this, though.

Just comparing the big 3 Japanese middle tier, 600cc supersports, or the recent Paultan review on 2019 1000cc supersports, the level of comfort is noticeably different.

I would suggest you narrow down to a few models, or several models, and give them a shot at test ride.

This post has been edited by alexei: Oct 4 2019, 09:24 PM
alexei
post Oct 2 2019, 09:44 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

@TS: When you say you like 'power', do you like high RPM power? Or just very mind-blowing pull at the twist? Torque vs HP, which is it?

Please look for a few drag videos on MT09 vs any super sports, to know what I mean.
Quazacolt
post Oct 3 2019, 12:17 AM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ Oct 2 2019, 03:17 PM)
Says who detuned?

But S1000RR can go beyond 300/330kph
So it's still detuned assuming same engine trickling downwards

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:44 AM