Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Interactive Brokers (IBKR), IBKR users, welcome!

views

esyap
post Mar 14 2020, 09:44 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

I have been using instarem to fund my IB with HKD. So far no problem. IB received within 6 hours.
esyap
post Mar 18 2020, 11:50 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(Yggdrasil @ Mar 18 2020, 09:08 AM)
You can compare to Big Pay and Transferwise each time you make a transaction.
Sometimes it can give different rates at different time and amount.
The platform is great. It's dark black making me feel like a pro day trader ready to earn $$$  thumbup.gif
Yes you have to pay if you want live data. Otherwise, it's not available or delayed.

For me, when I want to buy something, I use MarketWatch to see the current price.
Alternatively, I can just use market order.
(Note: Market order should only be used on liquid stocks. Otherwise, you might be paying $100 for a $10 stock).

I mean, if you want to day trade, you should subscribe to it. If you're so cheapskate about the fees, you're not ready to face the losses of day trading.
I tried using Market Order with IBKR......but some message came up not allowing me to do so. But can enter LMT order. Why ah?

esyap
post Mar 18 2020, 12:26 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(Yggdrasil @ Mar 18 2020, 11:57 AM)
You should be able to. You need to press accept when they warn you about Market Order.
It is dangerous for low liquidity stocks.

Market Order means "fill Immediately at best price i.e. guaranteed execution, no guaranteed price"

For example, take a look at this stock.
user posted image
People willing to buy at $2.22 but the only seller is at $199999.99.
If you want to buy this stock and used Market Order instead of Limit Order, you will buy the stock at $199999.99  mega_shok.gif
Ok Thx. I will try again. Will need to call CS if it does not work.
esyap
post Mar 22 2020, 08:29 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(lamcouz @ Mar 22 2020, 02:39 AM)
I don't have a PR/any visa with Singapore sad.gif Checked the condition seems need these to open the account in Singapore.

With that seems alternative is direct TT from CIMB MY account sad.gif ?
Ya, apparently T & C changed. Need to have work permit, etc to open CIMB Sg now. sad.gif
esyap
post Mar 26 2020, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(totox7 @ Mar 26 2020, 08:18 AM)
Hi, thank for you info. In the link he was using Instarem, i have chat with Instarem customer service, they dont deposit into brokerage account. Can anyone help to verify this?
I have checked, Charles Schwab have account in Singapore too, wonder if possible to skip local account such as CIMB fast saver by using Instarem.
u can use Instarem to dep EUR/HKD/SGD but not USD into IBKR.
esyap
post Mar 26 2020, 08:12 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(lamcouz @ Mar 26 2020, 06:35 PM)
Anyone know if we deposit into IKBR fund via INSTAREM, what's the [sending institution] that we shall put in?
Instarem
esyap
post Mar 27 2020, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(Investor12 @ Mar 26 2020, 10:06 PM)
Just to share my experience.

I submit my application to IB on Monday and got the approval on Friday.

I use both Transferwise and instarem to transfer HKD direct to IB, transfer wise slightly more expensive by few RM but reached IB account faster by hours. both transfer executed in the afternoon and reached IB next day evening.

commission
1. E-Micro DJI future - US$1.9 round-trip which is quite cheap ( vs $12 Malaysia broker)
2. Option - $0.75/trade
3. share - $1 per share

Margin
1. E-Micro DJI - US$ 2,600 ( which is very high)
2. Option - 100% equivalent to your position
3. share - about 3X the position

hope the above help and happy trading everyone
I can never understand the margin level stated in IBKR platform as my margin level is definitely not 3X position. Please kindly explain. Thanks.
esyap
post Mar 27 2020, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(shenhn @ Mar 27 2020, 11:21 AM)
Earlier when i registered my IBKR and TD Ameritrade account, i had pre-selected USD, am i required to switch it to eg. HKD to make the transfer in HKD via Instarem or Transferwise?

Also, commission for share you mentioned is $1 per share or per trade? eg. 100 units of MFST = 100$ comm?
Not sure on TD but for IB, no need to change pre selected USD underlining currency. U can trf multiple currency to IB.
esyap
post Apr 17 2020, 08:22 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(mr_tuzki @ Apr 17 2020, 12:37 AM)
Yes I know that. I think the bank is gonna take a lot that's why I was asking info from those who have done it.
At the moment, I'm transferring MYR to USD using Instarem which is pretty cheap. Just worried when I wanna withdraw, transferring the other way USD to MYR using conventional TT is gonna be super expensive.
I believe different banks have different TT charges but vary slightly only from RM25-40 + not favourable ex rate + IB may not receive the full exact transferred amount.

Pls share ur experience if u r able to trf USD vis instarem to IBKR as I believe not able to do so unless it's EUR/JPY.
esyap
post Apr 17 2020, 10:00 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(moosset @ Apr 17 2020, 04:01 PM)
InstaRem got JPY?
Oh Oh sorry, I mean EUR/HKD. Never tried JPY with Instarem to IBKR and only noticed now they dont do JPY
esyap
post Apr 22 2020, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

Hi anyone know how I can enter a 'stop loss' or 'Profit target' into an existing stock for IBKR. I can find the SL & PT wen entering a new order, but not sure how to do it for an existing stock that oledi bought. Thanks for any input.
esyap
post Apr 22 2020, 07:22 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(dwRK @ Apr 22 2020, 06:19 PM)
sell order below...select stop or stop-limit

sell order above...add bracket order, don't select profit target, select stop bracket...
Thanks boss
esyap
post May 1 2020, 08:11 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

I have been funding my IBKR with HKD and converted it to USD to buy US stock leaving a small balance of less than HKD50. But I realised after some time the small HKD balance will become zero. Not sure if anyone of you experience that and why it happened. Thanks for input.
esyap
post May 1 2020, 10:45 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(moosset @ May 1 2020, 08:46 AM)
any balance of less than USD$5 will be automatically converted to your base currency, free of charge!
OIC, Thanks boss for the explanation.
esyap
post Jul 10 2020, 08:07 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

Dear Client:

Interactive Brokers is conducting a routine review of your account and we need to ask you a few brief questions. This is not a marketing call or a solicitation. Please contact Tom Matusz, Compliance Analyst.

Please send an email to tmatusz@interactivebrokers.com

Failure to comply with this review may lead to the temporary suspension of your trading privileges.

Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.

Interactive Brokers Client Services

Hi, Just ceking if anyone with IBKR account receive tis email from IBKR. What is it all abount?
esyap
post Jul 11 2020, 08:32 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Jul 10 2020, 10:56 AM)
Don't email. Contact them via built in PM.
Is most likely going to ask for proof of funds, and documents.
Received IBKR's email enquiry. It's actually regarding my Instarem transfer. They were treating it as a third party transfer as 'Instarem' appearred in their system. So I emailed them the Instarem Statement which shows the transfers were from me. See wat is their reply later.

Thanks for ur suggestion Ramjade, but I have oledi replied them thru email before I saw ur suggestion.
esyap
post Jan 27 2021, 01:14 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

Has been getting enquiries from IBKR's compliance Dept for using Instarem to deposit funds. Anyone experienced same thing? Looks like need to use other ways to deposit funds.
esyap
post Mar 16 2021, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

Hi, anyone received this message from IBKR? "Form 1042S for tax year 2020 is now available for account U***..........". Do we need to do anything? I thought Malaysian Account holder (ie. Non US resident) not subjected to Tax. Thanks for input.
esyap
post Mar 20 2021, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(jay2you @ Mar 19 2021, 03:26 PM)
Hi, may i get some suggestions on how should I reply regarding to this?
Anyone received this before?
I have been getting these enquiries from IB oso which is a bit of a pain in the ass. Just reply by providing them the Instarem statement and ur bank statement showing the payment from ur bank acc to instarem and eplain to them Instarem is a Fintech Financial Remittance company (just copy the information from Instarem site).
esyap
post Apr 21 2021, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

Hi just checking if anypne having problem logging into IBKR web this morning?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.2554sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:42 PM