views

puchongite
post Sep 27 2019, 07:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ Sep 27 2019, 07:02 PM)
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...ties-in-china/#
Why does China do this extremely inhumane act? I don't understand. And it's not a small number of people being oppressed. It's 1 to 2 million. What's wrong with China?

We don't know the total truth. We also have many of the Hui Muslim in China who were not oppressed, or at least never faced something as severe as the Uighur. Even within the Uighur Muslim, not all of them are being oppressed. Many of them are also given land to keep their livestock. So why the China only "singled" out a segment of the Muslim and mistreat them ?

I am not surprised that a significant number of people in Uighur already wanting to trigger detachment from the communist government. If these people were indeed involved in actions which involve getting rid of the Chinese government, they might have even already resorted to underground military actions. Is it too much then to lock these people up and reform them ?

This post has been edited by puchongite: Sep 27 2019, 07:27 PM
puchongite
post Sep 28 2019, 09:56 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(70U63 @ Sep 28 2019, 07:16 AM)
Short reply and another tip to you.
Next time better don't use China Uncensored as your reference. Because it is totally bias toward China. They have their own agenda, I don't blame them. Just like what CNN, BBC and other western news report (including those from Germany) when they covered the Xinjiang Riot back in 2009. Most of the Chinese in China (who really care about geopolitics) already knew other those media play the game.
Do you mean "biased toward" or "biased against" ?

For me, I am not saying those media reporting are totally rubbish but neither we can trust them in full. Very simple, we hear Uighurs were mistreated but we also know not all of them were mistreated. If 1 million Uighurs were mistreated, there are still 10 millions who were not mistreated. This is not a systematic genocide. Vocational training may not be the full truth but indeed it is true some of them do undergo certain amount of vocational training.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Sep 28 2019, 10:17 AM
puchongite
post Sep 28 2019, 04:14 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(70U63 @ Sep 28 2019, 12:06 PM)
Sorry, it should be biased against.
In term of the number of the people, I seriously don't trust the number given by the western press as they don't show any evidence (unless they got the internal info). Same thing applied to the 2 mil protesters in HK. And yes we know bigger number can use to support the movement.
I think there are a few things which the communist government will never tolerate :-

1. Involve in terrorist activities.
2. Involve in spreading the idea of independence.
3. Involve in political ideology other than the party of communist.

Non negotiable.
puchongite
post Sep 29 2019, 02:31 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

Xinjiang - the China's perspective

puchongite
post Oct 10 2019, 07:44 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

UN Ambassadors from 50 countries voice support to China position on Xinjiang issues.

These countries which oppose China's policy have these characteristics :-

1. Developed countries.
2. Non-Muslim majority countries.
puchongite
post Oct 22 2019, 09:48 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Oct 22 2019, 09:41 AM)
parents experience
Do you have any credibility at all in whatever you say ?

You are same league as this one :-

puchongite
post Oct 23 2019, 02:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(zamorin @ Oct 23 2019, 01:50 PM)
Other than the fact that there is no such school called SK© Tanah Putih. There is SK Tanah Putih and SK© Chung Ching in Tanah Putih.
You are providing him with role models to look up to now. biggrin.gif
I think he is 50,000 mAH Samsung battery, when open up :-

user posted image
puchongite
post Oct 25 2019, 08:58 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(alhelmy @ Oct 25 2019, 03:58 AM)
user posted image
The last point is important.

Those who are detained have to repeatedly watch 're-education' films featuring state appointed Iman who explains 'illegal religious practices' and 'appropriate interpretation of Islam'.

At least in the views of the China government, many of the Uighur are having terrorist mindsets and doing harmful religious practices.

Leaving the discussion of whether the approach taken adequately meets humanity standard aside, I personally think China government is correct in this accessment of the issue. Islam has built in political elements and philosophy, it is easy for it to used to spread different political idealogy than the only allowed political idealogy in the communist China. It is just like in Malaysia, we are not allowed to be involved in any idealogy other than democracy, particularly communism. A government will always defend its political ideology.

But in Malaysia to shout about political Islam is treated as a very righteous thing. Hadi Awang does that all the time. That is big irony.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Oct 25 2019, 09:03 AM
puchongite
post Oct 25 2019, 09:26 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ Oct 25 2019, 09:21 AM)
Hadi has a right to shout about political islam. And somebody has the right to shout about communism is he choose to. Let the best man win. But of course there are limits to the shouting. As long as you don't promote violence, you are free to say it. This is the environment I want to live in. But I know not many share my inspiration.

I am not there to witness how China treat the Muslims. But my sentiments tells me there is definitely Human abuse, and the approach to force re-education also seems not right (I have to look into the details to confirm). Forced  re-education to kill promotion of violence is ok, but not to kill the ideology. Although islam scriptures promote violence (so do most major religions btw), but it does not translate to majority of Muslims promoting violence.
Many of the political Islam directly translate to violence.

Also are sure it is ok to shout about communism in Malaysia ?

This post has been edited by puchongite: Oct 25 2019, 09:54 AM
puchongite
post Oct 25 2019, 09:40 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ Oct 25 2019, 09:30 AM)
Well there are 2 ways to shout. 1. Let's have a khalifah system but let's do this by influencing others. 2. Let's have a khalifah system, force it and threaten those who don't want. I can tolerate the 1st way.

I am talking about the environment I like to live in. Of course Malaysia don't allow communism.
Political Islam has very big scope. Syariah is political Islam. Apostasy law is one facet of political Islam. And directly translate to inhumanity and violence.

True democracy is messy and slow and many times ineffective.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Oct 25 2019, 09:54 AM
puchongite
post Oct 25 2019, 10:14 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ Oct 25 2019, 10:05 AM)
I don't know whether u want to call true democracy.

But I like to live in an environment that is open for the best idea to surface. In Malaysia u can't criticize islam, u can't even promote another religion. You can't talk about apostasy law and how stupid it is except in forums like this (if this forum gets as popular as Facebook, you can't do it either). But if u open up, u must be fair to your enemies too. They have the right to open up too. Of course with some restrictions in place like no promotion to violence, no imposition. Etc.

This environment to me is not messy and ineffective, but the opposite. I don't want to put a label.
Put yourself in the shoes of the Chinese government, then you will perhaps appreciate better which is more effective in addressing the issues of terrorism in Xinjang, the full humanity and democracy method or the China hardliner method or something else .....

puchongite
post Oct 25 2019, 10:33 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ Oct 25 2019, 10:25 AM)
I did mention in my earlier post that I am not there to observe. Maybe there is no human rights abuse after all. Maybe those impositions are fake news. But I really doubt so. Anyway I hold judgement for now.
The China does impose, so that's not fake. Neither the terrorism. Both are true.

In China, as long as you are not involved in other political idealogy, you are generally ok.

Islam is political, so that's why the China is very particular about certain ways of living as a Muslim.
puchongite
post Oct 25 2019, 11:00 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ Oct 25 2019, 10:44 AM)
I understand China, but I don't agree with the impositions.

To Muslims not all subscribe to political islam. But the ones that do will preach about it. Is it wrong to do that? No. So there will be people like me who will say your idea is stupid. Is fair fight right? In democracy is about influencing. But if u have a fair fight in the influencing game, that's healthy. You lose means I need to brush up, or your idea really sucks!

I do not wish Malaysia to be like China.
I would say 90% or more Muslim are subscribing to political Islam, many of them doing it without consciously aware of it.
puchongite
post Oct 25 2019, 11:36 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

QUOTE(ramz @ Oct 25 2019, 11:18 AM)
Ok how do we fight this idea? There is no way!

Malaysia:
1. won't let other ideology take control coz we got raja and sultans.
2. Cannot propogate other religions, so islam has just stifled the competition at hello.
3. Cannot apostate, meaning islam will never shrink.
4. Cannot criticize, meaning islam will always be the truth, coz nobody is opposing.
4. islam impose on other religions (disguised as race), meaning islam ratio will just continue to grow until we become like saudi.

First we need level playing field. But we won't get that.

Malaysia will forever me a mediocre country, or worst.
Malaysia is hopeless, it can only get worse, not better.

If you keep tap on the activities in Xinjang, then you might get some idea.

The 'training camp' or the 'vocational school' are some of the activities which are well known and famous or notorious depending on your view.

The government also encourage those moderate Muslims in Xinjang to publish video of the everyday life. So you can see many Xinjang Uighur muslim video. They are definitely a lot more open than those in Malaysia. They are not wearing hijab. They walk around with the long hair. They speak fluent Mandarin. They sing and dance. From the making of these videos, the creators also make money from it. And they are happy.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Oct 25 2019, 01:36 PM
puchongite
post Oct 27 2019, 09:43 AM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

There are always two facet to the coin. In the eyes in China, and many others Islamic majority countries which are plagued with Islamic-style terrorism, the establishment of occupational training centers as effective ways for eradicating terrorism and protecting human rights.
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2019-10-26/Chine.../share_amp.html

user posted image

Of course, it is more than just occupational training centre. In the package it also includes other approaches which receive many negative comments from the western world.

But I am not aware that any other countries are as effective as China is doing this.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Oct 27 2019, 09:44 AM
puchongite
post Oct 29 2019, 03:46 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

The life in Xinjiang :-

And the parents who complain the children are missing :-

Is there a pattern which you can see ? rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by puchongite: Oct 29 2019, 03:47 PM
puchongite
post Oct 29 2019, 09:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
18,500 posts

A wedding gathering of the more open Uighurs in Xinjiang :-

In China you can have as much fun as you like as long as you don't involve in politics other than the communist party.

Unfortunately Islam is quite political, so China government is determined to cripple anything political. More so when religion is used to camouflage the politics. In China one must make sure the religion one practises is 100% personal.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0386sec    1.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th November 2019 - 11:23 AM