Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Acer Nitro VG271UP, Discussion

views

damned_dude
post Dec 28 2019, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

using it for almost 4 month already. new batches after June are said to be good, and i can say the same so far based on current experience. no flicker whatsoever.
Savor_Savvy
post Jan 2 2020, 02:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

Mine was a new stock. A very clear and distinct upgrade from my previous monitor which has IPS, 1080p, 60hz, non-HDR, sRGB 99%, response time 4ms. Love every inch of it. IPS, 1440p, 144hz, HDR, wide colour gamut, response time 1ms and the higher brightness level.

This post has been edited by Savor_Savvy: Jan 2 2020, 02:58 PM
OwlsHeart
post Jan 4 2020, 12:07 AM

Mineral Collector/Trader
1,102 posts

QUOTE(damned_dude @ Dec 28 2019, 05:43 PM)
using it for almost 4 month already. new batches after June are said to be good, and i can say the same so far based on current experience. no flicker whatsoever.
QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Jan 2 2020, 02:51 PM)
Mine was a new stock. A very clear and distinct upgrade from my previous monitor which has IPS, 1080p, 60hz, non-HDR, sRGB 99%, response time 4ms. Love every inch of it. IPS, 1440p, 144hz, HDR, wide colour gamut, response time 1ms and the higher brightness level.
did u guys bought yours from Just It technology (jitechnology) on shopee?
damned_dude
post Jan 4 2020, 01:24 AM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(OwlsHeart @ Jan 4 2020, 12:07 AM)
No i got mine from ViewNet lowyat by cash on hand. I don't want to risk having a damaged monitor due to it being shipped via courier. I know it is probably safe but i just dont want to take the risk. I can't tahan anyway as I'm too excited of getting my hand on 144hz ips 27inch (gelojoh)

This post has been edited by damned_dude: Jan 4 2020, 01:25 AM
Savor_Savvy
post Jan 4 2020, 09:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

QUOTE(OwlsHeart @ Jan 4 2020, 12:07 AM)
Bought from shopee but not from this shop.
daus89
post Jan 11 2020, 12:41 AM

Casual
454 posts

QUOTE(damned_dude @ Jan 4 2020, 01:24 AM)
No i got mine from ViewNet lowyat by cash on hand. I don't want to risk having a damaged monitor due to it being shipped via courier. I know it is probably safe but i just dont want to take the risk. I can't tahan anyway as I'm too excited of getting my hand on 144hz ips 27inch (gelojoh)
may i know how much u buy from them?
berrycoo~
post Jan 11 2020, 06:34 PM

Casual
309 posts

Any users here can share how grainy is the anti glare film on this monitor? If compared to full gloss monitors side by side (ie Dell S series) is there very big difference in terms of color?
damned_dude
post Jan 12 2020, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(daus89 @ Jan 11 2020, 12:41 AM)
may i know how much u buy from them?
list price was rm1399 then after i present myself as pleasant customer it got reduced to rm1350. that was 4 month ago

This post has been edited by damned_dude: Jan 12 2020, 02:24 PM
testinglabha
post Jan 16 2020, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

hey guys, have u guys tried G Sync with this monitor? can shareHow was it?
pluginbaby
post Jan 17 2020, 09:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,658 posts

QUOTE(testinglabha @ Jan 16 2020, 03:34 PM)
hey guys, have u guys tried G Sync with this monitor? can shareHow was it?
It was working ok in Gsync compatible mode. I'm on laptop rtx2060. I only play Fortnite tho so there's no huge fps drop in game compared to other heavy games. Stable 120-144hz limited using RTSS to 144 with in game 160fps cap. Maybe others can chip in as well their experience
testinglabha
post Jan 17 2020, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ Jan 17 2020, 09:33 AM)
It was working ok in Gsync compatible mode. I'm on laptop rtx2060. I only play Fortnite tho so there's no huge fps drop in game compared to other heavy games. Stable 120-144hz limited using RTSS to 144 with in game 160fps cap. Maybe others can chip in as well their experience
are you using Display Port to Mini Display Port cable? just wonder if Display Port to Mini Display Port will work well, as my laptop using mini display port.

my laptop is RTX2070 by the way, however i experience an issue where when I set the Project setting as "Second Screen Only", the monitor doesn't goes 144hz refresh rate, but when I set Project setting as "Extend", then it goes 144hz refresh rate.

To fix that, I have to go to Nvidia Control Panel > 3D Setting > Power management mode > SELECT "Prefer Maximum Performance"

Is there any other setting i need to configure again to maximize the visual quality?
pluginbaby
post Jan 17 2020, 09:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,658 posts

QUOTE(testinglabha @ Jan 17 2020, 09:47 AM)
are you using Display Port to Mini Display Port cable? just wonder if Display Port to Mini Display Port will work well, as my laptop using mini display port.

my laptop is RTX2070 by the way, however i experience an issue where when I set the Project setting as "Second Screen Only", the monitor doesn't goes 144hz refresh rate, but when I set Project setting as "Extend", then it goes 144hz refresh rate.

To fix that, I have to go to Nvidia Control Panel > 3D Setting > Power management mode > SELECT "Prefer Maximum Performance"

Is there any other setting i need to configure again to maximize the visual quality?
Mini DP to DP. I'm on Illegear Onyx with mDP. Doesn't work on HDMI to DP plus that will lock it to 120hz.

Hmm. It works fine on mine. Testing using duplicate, extend and second screen only. My laptop has a fixed of 144hz. Maybe try to make sure it is set to DP1.4 in monitor settings.

My power management mode is set to Adaptive. Seems ok as well on Prefer Maximum Performance when I tested it out before. The only I can't do is 10bit on 144hz. 10bit only works on 120hz after setting in Nvidia control panel. That is a known monitor limitation. I'm ok with 8bit 144 as I don't do color stuffs. Didnt notice any improvements in my games as well on 10bit
testinglabha
post Jan 17 2020, 09:58 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ Jan 17 2020, 09:54 AM)
Mini DP to DP. I'm on Illegear Onyx with mDP. Doesn't work on HDMI to DP plus that will lock it to 120hz.

Hmm. It works fine on mine. Testing using duplicate, extend and second screen only. My laptop has a fixed of 144hz. Maybe try to make sure it is set to DP1.4 in monitor settings.

My power management mode is set to Adaptive. Seems ok as well on Prefer Maximum Performance when I tested it out before. The only I can't do is 10bit on 144hz. 10bit only works on 120hz after setting in Nvidia control panel. That is a known monitor limitation. I'm ok with 8bit 144 as I don't do color stuffs. Didnt notice any improvements in my games as well on 10bit
I still using HDMI to HDMI port, ordering a UGREEN DP to Mini DP now, can you teach me on how/where to do the setting of the Color Bit Setting? for now the Color bit setting doesnt seem can editable for me, i can only set the refresh rate, i do the setting is Window Display Setting though.

AFAIK, when i using DP to Mini DP port, then Nvidia Control Panel will pop out G Sync option?
testinglabha
post Jan 17 2020, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ Jan 17 2020, 09:54 AM)

and another thing, what is the overdrive setting for the monitor? have u try it before?

actually the monitor setting come with FreeSync option too, when I enable G Sync do i need to disable the FreeSync setting?

This post has been edited by testinglabha: Jan 17 2020, 11:19 AM
pluginbaby
post Jan 17 2020, 01:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,658 posts

QUOTE(testinglabha @ Jan 17 2020, 11:17 AM)
and another thing, what is the overdrive setting for the monitor? have u try it before?

actually the monitor setting come with FreeSync option too, when I enable G Sync do i need to disable the FreeSync setting?
If HDMI it will only allow max 8bit color at 120hz. Even Gsync option will not show up. Once u plug in mini DP to DP then G-Sync option will be available in Nvidia control centre where you can toggle it to on. Enabling 10bit color is inside Nvidia control centre as well where you can choose the color mode.

Control Centre > Change Resolution > Use Nvidia color settings > Output Color Depth (change 8bit to 10bit but this only works if you set max freq to 120hz and I think only on DisplayPort)

If you are using mini DP to DP, then G-Sync (compatible) option should be enabled in Nvidia Control Centre. U can choose either to do full screen or windowed version of freesync. If you enable Gsync in Nvidia control centre, you need to enable freesync toggle in monitor settings for it to work. If it is still disabled, then maybe something is wrong with your cable.

If freesync is ON, then it will be autodefault and locked to normal overdrive. If you off freesync, then only you can change it to extreme.

Btw do make sure u order one that supports 1440p@144. There are also miniDP to DP that's only 1080p@144hz and 1440@60hz. Can double check inside comments or query them on max support for 1440p to confirm. I think max length would be 1.5m as 1440p@144hz is quite demanding but 1M should suffice for most people (for both laptop and desktop 2nd screen usecase)

This post has been edited by pluginbaby: Jan 17 2020, 01:44 PM
testinglabha
post Jan 17 2020, 02:54 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ Jan 17 2020, 01:33 PM)
If HDMI it will only allow max 8bit color at 120hz. Even Gsync option will not show up. Once u plug in mini DP to DP then G-Sync option will be available in Nvidia control centre where you can toggle it to on. Enabling 10bit color is inside Nvidia control centre as well where you can choose the color mode.

Control Centre > Change Resolution > Use Nvidia color settings > Output Color Depth (change 8bit to 10bit but this only works if you set max freq to 120hz and I think only on DisplayPort)

If you are using mini DP to DP, then G-Sync (compatible) option should be enabled in Nvidia Control Centre. U can choose either to do full screen or windowed version of freesync. If you enable Gsync in Nvidia control centre, you need to enable freesync toggle in monitor settings for it to work. If it is still disabled, then maybe something is wrong with your cable.

If freesync is ON, then it will be autodefault and locked to normal overdrive. If you off freesync, then only you can change it to extreme.

Btw do make sure u order one that supports 1440p@144. There are also miniDP to DP that's only 1080p@144hz and 1440@60hz. Can double check inside comments or query them on max support for 1440p to confirm. I think max length would be 1.5m as 1440p@144hz is quite demanding but 1M should suffice for most people (for both laptop and desktop 2nd screen usecase)
thanks for the info! btw i play Fortnite in Nintendo Switch wanna add as friend can play tgt sometimes biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:01 PM