Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ipoh fine dining food at cheap cost, New foodies by young chef worth checking

views

TSaenie09
post Sep 26 2019, 08:01 PM, updated 5y ago

1 posts

Hi guys, I wanted to introduce this new foodies called Galanggal Cafe by a young Chef that's previously cooked at Fuego Troika Sky Dining, Mandarin Oriental and Banyan Tree. He's food very fine dining style but we can afford la, range from RM6 to RM22.

They are located at Ipoh Meru Height. You can google "Galanggal Cafe Ipoh" and find them.

This is their Facebook page - Galanggal Cafe

Many good food, the best I can eat Lamb Shanks only at RM22 and Duck Confits at RM18.

Imagine eating that at Fuego Troika $$$

rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

This is their menu rclxm9.gif

user posted image
user posted image

We are so happy we found them! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
Emimarson
post Sep 26 2019, 08:11 PM

On my way
632 posts

Failed and fake consumer perspective review

Btw good price tho
mojojojoseph
post Sep 26 2019, 08:19 PM

36 posts

Hahaha. I’m so happy that you’re so happy that you found them. But too obvious d you’re the owner etc etc. a lot of chef come out from hotel now. Only mention if he exec chef then only got pulling power.
babybobby
post Sep 29 2019, 04:22 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

Doesn't matter self promote or recommended by others. What matters is the price and quality.

Hope in selangor have affordable fine dining like this.
babybobby
post Sep 29 2019, 04:28 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

One thing i can not brain, why in all restaurants and cafe the pasta so expensive? Not that they are serving fresh made pasta and neither the pasta is seasoned with truffle whatsoever. All they use is dry pasta and common bolognese sauce.

I better stick to jarred pesto and san remo.
Pichu00
post Sep 29 2019, 05:15 PM

On my way
640 posts

QUOTE(babybobby @ Sep 29 2019, 04:28 AM)
One thing i can not brain, why in all restaurants and cafe the pasta so expensive? Not that they are serving fresh made pasta and neither the pasta is seasoned with truffle whatsoever. All they use is dry pasta and common bolognese sauce.

I better stick to jarred pesto and san remo.
Rental free, electric free, gas free, cooking gear free?? Why kedai runcit sell 3rm bottle water kena raid by kpdnkk while nothing happen to hotel selling 20rm plain water.
babybobby
post Oct 1 2019, 01:34 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(Pichu00 @ Sep 29 2019, 05:15 PM)
Rental free,  electric free,  gas free,  cooking gear free?? Why kedai runcit sell 3rm bottle water kena raid by kpdnkk while nothing happen to hotel selling 20rm plain water.
Hmm makes sense. Pretty much the same as other fine dining food.
beebee1314
post Oct 3 2019, 07:12 PM

Regular
1,683 posts

Don't really wanna burst your bubble. And not trolling you either. But what's "very fine dining style". Hawker stall tepi jalan, call cafe? Just because learn 1-2 yrs of learning how to decorate your food, you call it "very fine dining style"?

You just have the basic creativity to decorate your food by copying from those you learnt, that's all.

I agree that you can cook. That's all. But please, "cafe" and "fine dining" doesn't fit here.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:39 PM