Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Queries User Thread kept getting reported

views

TSStonerAcoustics
post Sep 20 2019, 01:08 PM, updated 5y ago

34 posts

Hi

We started a thread on Audiophiles section as a User Thread for sharing all information related to our particular product.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4816356&hl=

We have made it very clear that no commercial activities will be carried out on that thread, yet we have been reported not only once but twice on two separate occasions. The latest spam report we received (which blocked out our message) was just a mere sharing of a review done by a local Reviewer.

Unfortunately the mods there are no longer active. So we are not sure what rules exactly are we suppose to follow and adhere to?

WaCKy-Angel
post Sep 20 2019, 01:13 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

Here's my two cents.

There shall always be conflict of interest (my opinion) when someone sharing some things that they are ownself selling.

But luckily in forum there it is still rather lenient as long as there are no direct advertising in the thread.

As for who reported it, that you dont have to worry. If mod think its within the rules then no action will be taken, as i can still see the thread is still active now.

TSStonerAcoustics
post Sep 20 2019, 01:26 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Sep 20 2019, 01:13 PM)
Here's my two cents.

There shall always be conflict of interest (my opinion) when someone sharing some things that they are ownself selling.

But luckily in forum there it is still rather lenient as long as there are no direct advertising in the thread.

As for who reported it, that you dont have to worry. If mod think its within the rules then no action will be taken, as i can still see the thread is still active now.
Thanks for replying.

We don't want to insinuate anything specific, but the last thing we want is to be dishonest about our posting. What would others rather we do? Post under another account? We have even went as far as to abandon our old Lowyat accounts so we adhered strictly to Lowyat's One Account Only policy. (prevention of dupes)

We believe the majority of the Audiophile users on Lowyat knows who we are (we have been in this section for more than 10 years, starting off mostly as real electronics/technical contributors) and most of them have no beef about our postings. We suspect/speculate it may have been conflict of "interests" not related to Audiophile Section itself, but from competitors in the industry.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:16 PM