Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dangers of vaping and vaping prohibition

views

TSxElkova
post Sep 16 2019, 08:22 PM, updated 5y ago

26 posts

Hi fellow forumers,

Someone recently shared this STAR article with me, i was a casual smoker till last year and then ended up switching to pen vapes with salt nicotine. I've been seeing a steady increase in news articles warning the dangers of vaping recently and it makes me wonder if Vaping really is safe(safer compared to smoking), before i switched over last year, i did a bit of research and concluded that one of the main things that makes vape dangerous is diacetyl(which can cause popcorn lung), so i usually check for it in the list of ingredients when i buy flavors. But recently I've been concerned by the string of vape related deaths in the US, the primary cause for now appears to be the Vitamin E Acetate that is found in THC(synthetic marijuana) products.

Another thing I'm curious about is this :

"Under Regulation 11 of the Control of Tobacco Product Regulations 2004. The health minister has clarified that this ban will include vaping and shisha unless they contain no nicotine because our legal definition of "smoking" reads as "inhaling and expelling the smoke or vapour of any tobacco product, and includes the holding of or control over any ignited, heated, or vaporized tobacco product"

So if the e-liquid doesn't contain nicotine we can still vape at mamaks lol?

This post has been edited by xElkova: Sep 16 2019, 11:44 PM
wilson0416
post Sep 17 2019, 12:23 PM

Casual
313 posts

parking 1st.. this is also my concerns..
gobiomani
post Sep 18 2019, 10:20 AM

Casual
466 posts

Haih, so strawberry. Yes, vaping is dangerous and can kill. But its still safer then cigarettes.

If you don't want the risk, don't smoke and don't vape. If you are smoking right now, then switching to vaping means chances to die are lower. But still got chance to die.

The reason that there are more vaping related health issues propping up now is because there are significantly more vapers compared to smokers in developed countries that allow vaping. If someone dies due to smoking, its old news that no one wants to read about. Die of vaping is hot news, so it gets a lot of publicity.
burn22
post Sep 18 2019, 01:07 PM

Casual
377 posts

kalau nak vape, be casual vaper. some really tarik kau2 to see asap more. once in a while to tarik kau2, bolehla, but don't always. nanti lungs basah kuyup. whatever it is, get quality liquid that ada nama. anyway, cigi smoker kiok faster, and their volume is higher. vape, can kira by fingers that cause death. cigi manufacturers are not happy, cause vapes is taking over their profits. it is one of the reason, they create anti vaping...

TSxElkova
post Sep 19 2019, 02:06 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(gobiomani @ Sep 18 2019, 10:20 AM)
Haih, so strawberry. Yes, vaping is dangerous and can kill. But its still safer then cigarettes.

If you don't want the risk, don't smoke and don't vape. If you are smoking right now, then switching to vaping means chances to die are lower. But still got chance to die.

The reason that there are more vaping related health issues propping up now is because there are significantly more vapers compared to smokers in developed countries that allow vaping. If someone dies due to smoking, its old news that no one wants to read about. Die of vaping is hot news, so it gets a lot of publicity.
Yeah, that makes alot of sense
TSxElkova
post Sep 19 2019, 02:12 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(burn22 @ Sep 18 2019, 01:07 PM)
kalau nak vape, be casual vaper. some really tarik kau2 to see asap more. once in a while to tarik kau2, bolehla, but don't always. nanti lungs basah kuyup. whatever it is, get quality liquid that ada nama. anyway, cigi smoker kiok faster, and their volume is higher. vape, can kira by fingers that cause death. cigi manufacturers are not happy, cause vapes is taking over their profits. it is one of the reason, they create anti vaping...
ya lah bro, i quite worried also now bcoz putrajaya say wanna observe how other countries regulate/control vape, if they decide to ban then alot of small businesses have to tutup kedai, alot of our ejuice also dieksport pergi luar negara because got demand there...now there's more pressure on putrajaya also coz US is moving to ban vape flavors and India just banned e-cigs entirely

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/se...-backlash-grows
M@r0R!
post Sep 19 2019, 12:02 PM

Like a Sir
1,698 posts

setitik nila rosak susu sebelanga..
The fear of vaping is dangerous is actually caused by those sohai teenagers buying and consuming black market vape cartridges containing THC and body harming chemicals and this has given a huge leverage to Big Tobacco to use the US media to spread fear across the US in attempting to ban vape forever.

Whereas in the UK, their gov health agencies still strongly believes that vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking combustible tobacco products.

Every year there are millions of cigarette related deaths compared to merely 5 deaths in US due to vaping illicit THC vape products. Such conspiracy! sweat.gif
skzisghost
post Sep 19 2019, 02:01 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

My guess is those tobacco companies spit money to push such news, vape will replace ciggy in the future if its not control enough.

I believe vaping will still bring negative to your body, but not as harmful as ciggy was.

The elderly will be brainwashed by such news, but sorry, not for me.

I bought vape pen for my father and hes back to ciggy after this news.

Malaysia ban vape? I wish, so i could stop this bad habit once and for all.

Countries banning vape due to concern about health risk? Lololol, More like because of tax and tobacco companies doing their magic.

sber69pete P
post Sep 19 2019, 08:11 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(skzisghost @ Sep 19 2019, 02:01 PM)
My guess is those tobacco companies spit money to push such news, vape will replace ciggy in the future if its not control enough.

I believe vaping will still bring negative to your body, but not as harmful as ciggy was.

The elderly will be brainwashed by such news, but sorry, not for me.

I bought vape pen for my father and hes back to ciggy after this news.

Malaysia ban vape? I wish, so i could stop this bad habit once and for all.

Countries banning vape due to concern about health risk? Lololol, More like because of tax and tobacco companies doing their magic.
The ciggy is most definitely worse.. i can't seem to stop this magical vape machine, but those people in the hospital with collapsed lungs and stuff
do scare me a bit, even if they are far between.

something tells me cigarettes are more safe, at least they might kill you slower?
skzisghost
post Sep 19 2019, 08:29 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(sber69pete @ Sep 19 2019, 08:11 PM)
The ciggy is most definitely worse.. i can't seem to stop this magical vape machine, but those people in the hospital with collapsed lungs and stuff
do scare me a bit, even if they are far between.

something tells me cigarettes are more safe, at least they might kill you slower?
Its up to u what u decide lol, news said najib is clean then u believe 100%?

No such thing as believe everything in the news, that is naive, research and compare what is contain in ciggy and your vape liquid then decide yourself.

Dont say those big tobacco companies, if my business is threatened i can even pay someone to lie in the hospital bed and make him talk what i wish him to, fake news is so easy to make these day especially your powerful enough

sber69pete P
post Sep 19 2019, 08:42 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(skzisghost @ Sep 19 2019, 08:29 PM)

No such thing as believe everything in the news, that is naive, research and compare what is contain in ciggy and your vape liquid then decide yourself.

Dont say those big tobacco companies, if my business is threatened i can even pay someone to lie in the hospital bed and make him talk what i wish him to, fake news is so easy to make these day especially your powerful enough
Yeah that is true.. i don't know what to believe anymore..
them tobacco companies must be worth trillions, indeed lot's of power

but don't wanna take the chance, i'm trying to quit but what about all the cool smoke tricks i learned!? lol
skzisghost
post Sep 19 2019, 09:10 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(sber69pete @ Sep 19 2019, 08:42 PM)
Yeah that is true.. i don't know what to believe anymore..
them tobacco companies must be worth trillions, indeed lot's of power

but don't wanna take the chance, i'm trying to quit but what about all the cool smoke tricks i learned!? lol
Dont pull like those guy in the vape shop lol, later lung explode, i usually pull abit only got some vapor then ok ady, if ciggy is less harmful than vape i will not vape, i used to smoke ciggy 1 pack a day and ciggy is much more satisfied
sber69pete P
post Sep 19 2019, 09:15 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(skzisghost @ Sep 19 2019, 09:10 PM)
Dont pull like those guy in the vape shop lol, later lung explode, i usually pull abit only got some vapor then ok ady, if ciggy is less harmful than vape i will not vape, i used to smoke ciggy 1 pack a day and ciggy is much more satisfied
yis i was never really hooked on the ciggy fortunately!
also cigarettes look way cooler than vape honestly

ah_suknat
post Sep 20 2019, 07:34 AM

whoooooooooooooop
5,170 posts

Why they never ban cigarettes? Go wonder
sky2006
post Sep 21 2019, 10:31 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(gobiomani @ Sep 18 2019, 10:20 AM)

This statement is ludicrous. How do you categorise something that is dangerous and can kill you as safe?

This post has been edited by sky2006: Sep 21 2019, 10:40 AM
sky2006
post Sep 21 2019, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(xElkova @ Sep 16 2019, 08:22 PM)
Hi fellow forumers,
Someone recently shared this STAR article with me, i was a casual smoker till last year and then ended up switching to pen vapes with salt nicotine. I've been seeing a steady increase in news articles warning the dangers of vaping recently and it makes me wonder if Vaping really is safe(safer compared to smoking), before i switched over last year, i did a bit of research and concluded that one of the main things that makes vape dangerous is diacetyl(which can cause popcorn lung), so i usually check for it in the list of ingredients when i buy flavors. But recently I've been concerned by the string of vape related deaths in the US, the primary cause for now appears to be the Vitamin E Acetate that is found in THC(synthetic marijuana) products.

"Under Regulation 11 of the Control of Tobacco Product Regulations 2004. The health minister has clarified that this ban will include vaping and shisha unless they contain no nicotine because our legal definition of "smoking" reads as "inhaling and expelling the smoke or vapour of any tobacco product, and includes the holding of or control over any ignited, heated, or vaporized tobacco product"

Based on your research, can you list down all chemicals contain in vape liquid and do you believe vape is dangerous to your health?
Newsray
post Sep 22 2019, 12:48 AM

Regular
1,022 posts

QUOTE(xElkova @ Sep 16 2019, 08:22 PM)
Hi fellow forumers,

Doesnt matter the vape contain nicotine or not.
You are not allowed to smoke.
Who can confirm when you vape? Call jabatan kesihatan to come verify your vape?

Can i fart beside you in mamak?
No right?
Same applies to your vape.
Daily11
post Sep 22 2019, 06:31 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(skzisghost @ Sep 19 2019, 08:29 PM)

Fake news can't change reality laugh.gif
ghoss
post Sep 22 2019, 10:36 PM

Enthusiast
957 posts

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/09/17/health...intl/index.html

In UK, there is vape shops in hospital and they recommend smoker to vape instead of cigarettes.

Those lung diseases is from vaping illegal cartridges with THC. Other countries also no such issue.

This post has been edited by ghoss: Sep 22 2019, 10:44 PM
miuk
post Sep 23 2019, 05:53 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

Not only it's due to black market THC pods. You'll see idiots that refill pods with THC or CBD oil tinctures.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:04 AM