Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

8mbps lag when gaming

views

altk1989
post Sep 23 2019, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(bl@ze @ Sep 23 2019, 03:04 PM)
And pay 300+ (I'm aware it's reduced now but before this it's the reality of things) ringgit for subpar bandwidth? Even your suggestion for mobile plan is dumb because of the latency.

You reek of entitled urban dweller syndrome.
I had to maintain a 4mbps connection for gaming and a mobile line for streaming and even then I still needed to install an outdoor Lte Modem because LTE coverage indoors is bad.
Seen to much that kind of reply in Unifi post...like "Ewww why still use 1/2/4/8 mbps, why dont get 30/50/100 mbps" "walao, still use 1/2/4/8 mbps meh?"

As if we want to pay the same if not more but only get less than 1% speed compare to 300Mbps...

Sure, Mobile 4G is another solution, but who wanna risk to pay RM600 or RM700 Setup cost (RM3/400 for 4G supported Router, and RM300 initial charge for Digi 150 plan) only to find it doesnt work as intended?

For Unifi/Time User, enjoy your awesome speed, but next time when you about to comment on our shitty speed, please get off your high horse and think about what is the root cause. If TM dint monopoly the market, and actually spent the money on upgrading the copper line instead of expanding the fiber network, you prolly dint even get the Streamyx support...Be grateful that TM using Streamyx money to expand the fiber network, so you can enjoy your awesome speed.

Enough of the saltness lol...
For OP, there's actually enough room for streaming and gaming, but need to trial and error the setting of QoS /Bandwidth management until the sweet spot, and the quality they streaming.

If Netflix/Amazon/etc you can ask them to set to 720P, then allocate your self about 1-2Mbps Download, and maybe 300 Kbps ish Upload, depend on your game have any voice chat function?

For TV-BOX, unfortunately i havent seen the one that you can set the quality, its always try to stream the best quality they have...which is usually 1080P, but you might get away with it with acceptable buffer time? blink.gif
But it only suitable for 2 User which is IPTV and yourself, adding another user might end up badly for all of you...

Remember try speedometer.com for maximum bandwidth, TM famous for not giving you full bandwidth,
Also using cmd command, and ping 8.8.8.8 for stability test, to see any packet drop, and ping hike while gaming.

dayamin
post Sep 25 2019, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

OP , not sure if budget is tight on your end.

I was using 4mbps at first ( area no coverage ) , then i sendiri subscribe to
https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/broadban...m-home-wireless
RM70/RM150 plan depends on which one suitable for you.

Even my area maximum is 4mbps , i still manage get 100mbps speed with celcom. (MAXIS has 3G only)

If your main reason is for gaming , yes 100% enough .

But there is 1 problem , don't forget to turn off your router when you left for dinner/lunch or anything .
i remember got 1 time forget to turn off , then auto-update games like 60gb then my quota is finsiehd like in the first week .

Note: if your quota finished , you can't even surf facebook . But can youtube or netflix.

This post has been edited by dayamin: Sep 25 2019, 03:01 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:46 PM