Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kong sound when release brake ( leg )

views

System Error Message
post Sep 19 2019, 11:06 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(StuartLee2015 @ Sep 19 2019, 07:37 PM)
I crawl under my car, i found the source already. I use it daily just not on long journey... mainly my neighborhood onnly... rarely to KL.. mostly Klang.

I have a habit of press slowly on foot brake when i want to slow down to ie red light or parking , like you know stooping gracefully ... ? tongue.gif
No wonder, Klang roads are really bad and theres a lot of swerving as kids ride motorbikes without a helmet going on the wrong side of the road on a bad road with a lot of lorries.

Still cars hate low distance driving. From time to time highway driving helps. Engineers say that city driving is 10x worse the distance than highway driving. Some cars are the exception.

normally you press slow on the brakes. For me i always rely more on engine for stopping, so i use in conjunction with brakes as i shift down and spread the load, but if you happen to leave your car unused for a few days, give a hard go at the brakes a little just to help clean off any rust/dust, once in a while is enough not always.
TSStuartLee2015
post Sep 19 2019, 11:09 PM

Regular
1,197 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Sep 19 2019, 11:06 PM)
No wonder, Klang roads are really bad and theres a lot of swerving as kids ride motorbikes without a helmet going on the wrong side of the road on a bad road with a lot of lorries.

Still cars hate low distance driving. From time to time highway driving helps. Engineers say that city driving is 10x worse the distance than highway driving. Some cars are the exception.

normally you press slow on the brakes. For me i always rely more on engine for stopping, so i use in conjunction with brakes as i shift down and spread the load, but if you happen to leave your car unused for a few days, give a hard go at the brakes a little just to help clean off any rust/dust, once in a while is enough not always.
I see.... Thanks for the info smile.gif

netmatrix
post Sep 19 2019, 11:39 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(StuartLee2015 @ Sep 19 2019, 11:06 PM)
I seee... then one more thing... this brake fluid thing... does one need to periodically check it's level and top up when it's reduced? 

For now it's between Max and Min.. it's in the middle... brake pads still pretty thick.

Is it because of one the brake is leakinng oil only the brake fluid gradually decrease or , if all 4 brake is perfectly healthy and good, do the brake fluid will also gradually decrease along with time or it wont?
Brake fluid should not and never decrease. If it does, that means got leak. In this case, you have visible leak and needs to service that. Brake fluid will break down, because it is hygroscopic. Due to that, in some case like WAJA (Common) the brake fluid after some time will turn murky mud color. Because water vapour cause the metal parts in brake system to rust.

If you can change the brake fluid yourself every year, why not? Just pump out from reservoir in engine bay then fill back new one. No need to disassemble anything. The fluid will circulate when you drive. In a month look if the fluid is murky. Then pump out and fill in new one. System is almost fully flushed. hahaha
TSStuartLee2015
post Sep 19 2019, 11:47 PM

Regular
1,197 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Sep 19 2019, 11:39 PM)
Brake fluid should not and never decrease. If it does, that means got leak. In this case, you have visible leak and needs to service that. Brake fluid will break down, because it is hygroscopic. Due to that, in some case like WAJA (Common) the brake fluid after some time will turn murky mud color. Because water vapour cause the metal parts in brake system to rust.

If you can change the brake fluid yourself every year, why not? Just pump out from reservoir in engine bay then fill back new one. No need to disassemble anything. The fluid will circulate when you drive. In a month look if the fluid is murky. Then pump out and fill in new one. System is almost fully flushed. hahaha
I see... thank you again too...
cempedaklife
post Sep 20 2019, 07:32 AM

Master Decoy
4,017 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Sep 19 2019, 11:39 PM)

No need to bleed it?
netmatrix
post Sep 20 2019, 08:28 AM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Sep 20 2019, 07:32 AM)
No need to bleed it?
Bleeding is the correct way. But if you do not have tools you could just change from reservoir. It is crazy that just by changing the brake fluid from reservoir can improve the brakes feel. It is really crazy. This method can only be done by not about to die brake system.
cempedaklife
post Sep 20 2019, 11:44 AM

Master Decoy
4,017 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Sep 20 2019, 08:28 AM)
Bleeding is the correct way. But if you do not have tools you could just change from reservoir. It is crazy that just by changing the brake fluid from reservoir can improve the brakes feel. It is really crazy. This method can only be done by not about to die brake system.
yeah..i changed it after driving 7 years on my car. i dont know first 3 years in official SC they got change or not.
pretty cheap la. the brake oil and labour, if you source brake oil yourself.

many ppl dont bother about simple maintenance, before things break. some is pretty cheap to do.
like brake oil change
coolant change
MAF cleaning (easily DIY).
transmission filter
etc
on top of the normal transmission oil change, engine oil change.

if expensive, maybe wait break than change la.. all the stuff i mentioned, can be easily done less than rm200 each. and you do like 100k km once.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:25 PM