Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Falken Azenis FK510 UHP, Made in Japan

views

incredibless
post Sep 13 2019, 01:43 AM

Casual
418 posts

What is the thread ware of these fk510? Currently im using PS4 which is so far good ince the day it was fitted. Almost 3years already. Now planning to go for cheaper alternative as my driving is mostly slow to medium. Only a short time highspeed. So feel ps4 abit wasted with the high cost they are selling. Im looking for 225 45 R18
incredibless
post Sep 13 2019, 01:51 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Sep 13 2019, 01:44 AM)
300 AAA
How many kms have you put on those PS4?
Wow quick reply. The PS4 on the clock is about 55k++with front & rear rotation once since if i can recal last fitted at 40k mileage. Thread still has about 20%-30%. Surprisingly it still grips well on wet.
incredibless
post Sep 13 2019, 04:52 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(budang @ Sep 13 2019, 11:20 AM)
Wow clocked 55k+ and still have 20-30% left?  mega_shok.gif Very gentle driving?

Just curious what's your ride?
Yes. Mazda 3. approx 20-30% left...still has the longkang. So far driving under the rain within legal speed still grips well even i corner slightly faster. Driving wise is more on weekend highway, weekdays is city driving. At times can be really fast when rushing.

incredibless
post Sep 13 2019, 04:56 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Sep 13 2019, 11:25 AM)
Save your cash for now, you can keep your ps4 down to the thread wear indicator line. Despite being a tyre manufacturer, michelin is a strong advocate against changing tyres prematurely (albeit they standby this claim on their own tyres, not other brands). Your claim that it still grips rather well in wet despite quite worn down stands proof of their formula and engineering of their compounds.

http://www.burnpavement.com/article.php?id=1850
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/05/c...killing-planet/

On the other hand, i feel like the lower price point of the fk510 can change in the foreseeable future. The lower price point is likely falken's way of penetrating the market and create some buzz among the car community. Some months ago, i observe the pricing of the fk510 in singapore is going up. Either could be due to too high demand, or really, the "promotion" period is going to end. But i could be wrong.

Another alternative econo-performance tyre would be the hankook v12evo2. I'm using it now. Compared to the ps4, you would likely observe some improvement towards rolling refinement, but lose out a bit when comes to performance at limit. But still, the performance is still way better than the factory fitted toyo t1s.
Hi there. Yes this is what i plan to use it see how well can the PS4 last. 55k+ with one-time swap & rotation surprisingly it was really promising. What impresses me is the wet grip still never fails even i corner hard vs the stock Toyo T1s when even half worn already trigger the traction control.

Just stumble upon that the FK510 seems to be not bad when compare with PS4 [ i watched the review from Taiwan where they put both of this brands to the test]

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:05 AM