Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Microsoft Omen 15 - Places to Upgrade SSD & RAM, Request reliable & trustworthy shops

views

TSladymissazira
post Sep 11 2019, 12:54 PM, updated 5y ago

6 posts

I watched on YouTube you can upgrade the SSD and RAM yourself but I'm a little fearful or ruining my laptop. Do you know any reliable laptop upgrade service providers that would do it in front of you on the stop and teach you while you are at it? My fans sometimes gets noisy too and I want to know if I can fix it on my own.
abu.shofwan
post Sep 11 2019, 01:17 PM

Regular
1,455 posts

Unless the unit has got difficult to get to, or to open, parts... Just be brave and try yourself. The result will be more satisfying and builds your confidence.

If ur unit has a youtube tutorial of sorts, it's even better. You just need a decently steady pair of hands.

I've opened up my laptops and upgraded their hdd, installed add'l ram and ssd. Was about to salvage my dead laptop until someone was able to fix its power input (receiving slot).
Garenyu
post Sep 11 2019, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

It's really easy to perform the teardown unless you have potato finger.

For detail teardown you may refer on if you wish to proceed your own :

Fan Cleaning :
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HP+Omen+15-ax2...placement/99426

Hard Drive :
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HP+Omen+15-ax2...placement/99366

You can find me for face to face service if there is no one else that you can trust.
chocobo7779
post Sep 11 2019, 07:40 PM

Power is nothing without control
All Stars
14,368 posts

QUOTE(ladymissazira @ Sep 11 2019, 12:54 PM)
I watched on YouTube you can upgrade the SSD and RAM yourself but I'm a little fearful or ruining my laptop. Do you know any reliable laptop upgrade service providers that would do it in front of you on the stop and teach you while you are at it? My fans sometimes gets noisy too and I want to know if I can fix it on my own.
Since it's a HP machine - you can always consult the service manual in HP's support website:
https://support.hp.com/us-en

You still need the exact make and model of the Omen 15 of course icon_idea.gif
ohman
post Sep 19 2019, 07:30 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

Or just bring to lowyat and let them install in front of your eyes for a small fee like rm50.

If you do not have any relatives that can help you for this task.
riku2replica
post Oct 4 2019, 07:24 PM

Mugi-chan!! 可愛い!!
3,304 posts

I own HP Omen 15 -DCXXXXTX thin bezel version with gtx 1060, i personally upgrade the Ram, and ssd(swapping out the 1tb hdd). It was not hard to do.
SUSjohnny3300
post Oct 9 2019, 08:18 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

If you really scared that you're going to mess up something better take to the shop
If you buy the ram and SSD from the shop they will normally fix for you for free
TSladymissazira
post Oct 11 2019, 01:01 PM

6 posts

So I took the leap of faith and did it myself. I purchased Corsairs 16GB RAM from Lazada. It's been amazing thus far. Thank you for your encouragement! smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:19 PM