I have been using Maxis Home Fibre 30Mbps for 10 months now, the router given is TP-Link C5V, and fingers-crossed so far no problems, very good. Then recently I got the Tenda A9 WiFi Extender (Booster Repeater etc) and here comes the very strange issue. Well it could be strange to me but for the sifus here, maybe you can help please?
- I set it up to extend the WiFi (under a different name, like ****_ext) and it works, everything goes smoothly until about 1 day (approx 18-30 hours) then it "hangs"
- When I say "hang" it means that I can't connect to the WiFi extender. I am using a phone to connect to this extender and the status given says "cannot obtain IP".
- I try switching the Tenda off/on, same issue, cannot connect. But when I try to connect back to the main Maxis WiFi it works, so that must mean a Tenda issue right? But hang on, it is not that simple.
- So I tried resetting the Tenda to set up the extender again, nope it does not work. Switch Tenda off/on, nope. Frustrated I take the extender, bring it close to the Maxis WiFi and nope, still cannot set up. The Tenda extender does not connect to the Maxis WiFi anymore.
- ONLY and ONLY when I switch the Maxis router off/on, then voila, the extender works again like magic! So now, does that mean it is a Maxis router problem?
- When everything works again, la la la happy for 1 day only, then the next day this same shit happens. Nothing works except to switch off/on the Maxis router (not modem) the TP Link Router. This is my life now. I use the extender until it doesn't work, then I switch off/on the Maxis router and it works again. Rinse, repeat, I mean I guess I could live with it, but it's bloody annoying.
- There was once the issue did not arise until 2 days. Otherwise it usually happens within 1 day everyday. Nothing fixes the issue except to switch off/on the router. (I can connect to the main Maxis WiFi just fine)
I have been tinkering with this issue for weeks, and here is another strange thing :-
- When this issue arises, on my laptop, strangely I manage to connect to the Tenda Extender (even though my phone can't during this issue). So on my laptop it is connected to the extender and strangely I can Google things...and some website open BUT when I open certain websites like say Arseblog.com (Arsenal Football ok, not what you think lol), cannot. It shows "no Internet connection"....what the...I can Google though. What twilight zone crap is this???
- I have contacted Tenda and they said it is a router problem.
- I have contacted Maxis and they said it is the Tenda extender issue.
- I have contacted my mother-in-law and just kidding why would I do that. But I am at a total loss here. Is it an IP configuration issue? Router issue? Tenda issue?
Can anyone help unlock this mystery? Please and thank you so much.
Mysterious WiFi Extender Issue Maxis Tenda TP Link