Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

155 Pages « < 127 128 129 130 131 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The iPhone 11 Discussion Thread | V1, Just the right amount of everything.

views

soitsuagain
post Aug 1 2020, 07:17 PM

Let's do it together!
3,251 posts

Yes, exactly. After a while I just don’t if the lower resolution is the only phone. May grumble a bit, may feel some disadvantage for a month or so but dies off if the resolution is still respectable and within limits and not too far off. Just my opinion.
TSwestlife
post Aug 1 2020, 07:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,298 posts

QUOTE(soitsuagain @ Aug 1 2020, 07:17 PM)
Yes, exactly. After a while I just don’t if the lower resolution is the only phone. May grumble a bit, may feel some disadvantage for a month or so but dies off if the resolution is still respectable and within limits and not too far off. Just my opinion.
so the point is, if u dun want to go high, never go high, and u will not feel any difference. tongue.gif
attw
post Aug 1 2020, 11:24 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Aug 1 2020, 12:44 PM)
haha. this will draw the same old arguments among people since iPhone XR time. haha.

personally if one does not use any 1080p and above iPhone such as iPhone 6 plus/7 plus/8 plus, X, Xs, Xs Max, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max. they will unlikely to tell any difference. much like one upgraded from iPhone 6/6s/7/8 to iPhone XR/11 it will be perfectly fine for them since there is no change in experience at all. much like one change from toyota to honda, no difference but if they change to Mercedes and BMW, they can surely tell difference.  tongue.gif

same to eyes, they can be spoiled too. haha.

much like one looks at a 1080p computer monitor vs 2k/4k one, the text will be fuzzy on 1080p but certainly sharper and smoother on 2k/4k one.
Yeah, even if you used 1080p, going back down to 720p on a smaller screen isn't that bad on such a small screen if you don't compare them side by side. Plus the fact that Apple makes one of the better LCD screens also helps smile.gif

QUOTE(soitsuagain @ Aug 1 2020, 02:49 PM)
Only if side by side. Otherwise it is tolerable and after a while there will be no difference.
Agreed!

TSwestlife
post Aug 1 2020, 11:59 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,298 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Aug 1 2020, 11:24 PM)
Yeah, even if you used 1080p, going back down to 720p on a smaller screen isn't that bad on such a small screen if you don't compare them side by side. Plus the fact that Apple makes one of the better LCD screens also helps smile.gif
Agreed!
not really. XR/11 has almost bigger display at 6.1-inch (720p) than iPhone 6/7/8 Plus at 5.5-inch only (1080p).
6.1-inch XR/11 is having same resolution as 4.7-inch at 720p. it is actually a big difference.
720p on 4.7-inch is ok but up to 6.1-inch still same, the difference will be noticeable.
kamikraze
post Aug 2 2020, 10:57 AM

Iphone 12 Pro Max + Magicwatch 2
6,391 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Aug 1 2020, 11:59 PM)
not really. XR/11 has almost bigger display at 6.1-inch (720p) than iPhone 6/7/8 Plus at 5.5-inch only (1080p).
6.1-inch XR/11 is having same resolution as 4.7-inch at 720p. it is actually a big difference.
720p on 4.7-inch is ok but up to 6.1-inch still same, the difference will be noticeable.
haha..this is very true..been using iphone 11 before i feel old iphone SE is better in term of screen..but some people might disagree with my point.
Savor_Savvy
post Aug 6 2020, 03:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,743 posts

Looking for a new case for my baby. Current Spigen Liquid Crystal has turned yellowish with darker spots on certain areas. Any recommendations?

This post has been edited by Savor_Savvy: Aug 6 2020, 04:17 PM
TSwestlife
post Aug 10 2020, 01:21 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,298 posts

QUOTE(kamikraze @ Aug 2 2020, 10:57 AM)
haha..this is very true..been using iphone 11 before i feel old iphone SE is better in term of screen..but some people might disagree with my point.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
kamikraze
post Aug 10 2020, 04:13 PM

Iphone 12 Pro Max + Magicwatch 2
6,391 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Aug 10 2020, 01:21 PM)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
more pixel per inch really reflect how deep the quality is.
attw
post Aug 11 2020, 07:28 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Aug 10 2020, 01:21 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
From the pics it's really hard to tell the difference in resolution quality, but the colour tone difference is noticeable laugh.gif
OOtaii
post Aug 15 2020, 02:10 PM

On my way
573 posts

To me , the bigger the screen, the bigger resolution I need.. so what matter is pixel/inch, PPI

This post has been edited by OOtaii: Aug 15 2020, 02:10 PM
attw
post Aug 16 2020, 06:39 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

user posted image

Cheapest so far for a new iPhone 11 64GB
alucard89
post Aug 20 2020, 02:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,301 posts

Guys, anyone using fast charging get some issues?
Like the touch screen going a bit crazy during charging
I bought some 3rd party PD charger (comes with multiple type c & qc port) and have that issue.

But with Ugreen charger, no issues during charging.
Could it be MFI certified thing?
Any other brand like Ugreen also can recommend that doesn't have odd issues during fast charge?
MisterKibz
post Aug 21 2020, 05:01 PM

On my way
579 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Aug 20 2020, 02:07 PM)
I bought some 3rd party PD charger (comes with multiple type c & qc port) and have that issue.

Any other brand like Ugreen also can recommend that doesn't have odd issues during fast charge?
from my personal experience, i was using Ugreen charger at starting stage for 4 months then my phone tend to heats up a lot to the extent it jus freezes and give me warning phone too hot twice and i cant even use the phone until i cool it down.....then did some research so decided to get the original fast charge 18W charge worth around RM149 and so far it doesnt heats up much and still working smooth, i guess something to do with the heat dissipation efficiency of the original charger.... some may deny it but i feel Ugreen is jus another typical fast charge like those OEM ones that can harm ur phone battery in long time but if u mind the price then jus stick to it smile.gif
attw
post Aug 22 2020, 07:55 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Aug 20 2020, 02:07 PM)

Charged my wife's iPhone 11 Pro Max with Apple's 18W USB C charger (from my iPad Pro) and touch screen is fine. But I think the better practice is not to use the phone during charging smile.gif
alucard89
post Aug 25 2020, 09:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,301 posts

QUOTE(MisterKibz @ Aug 21 2020, 05:01 PM)
from my personal experience, i was using Ugreen charger at starting stage for 4 months then my phone tend to heats up a lot to the extent it jus freezes and give me warning phone too hot twice and i cant even use the phone until i cool it down.....then did some research so decided to get the original fast charge 18W charge worth around RM149 and so far it doesnt heats up much and still working smooth, i guess something to do with the heat dissipation efficiency of the original charger.... some may deny it but i feel Ugreen is jus another typical fast charge like those OEM ones that can harm ur phone battery in long time but if u mind the price then jus stick to it smile.gif
QUOTE(attw @ Aug 22 2020, 07:55 AM)
Charged my wife's iPhone 11 Pro Max with Apple's 18W USB C charger (from my iPad Pro) and touch screen is fine. But I think the better practice is not to use the phone during charging smile.gif
Does your phone usually stop charging once reach 80%?
I do notice this happens when temperature gets a bit high.
I only notice this at home, but at office charging got aircon so this doesn’t happen 😅

I switch to using ugreen cable only during charging with any 3rd party charger and it seems like the touch screen doesn’t go haywire anymore. Must’ve been the cables I’m using
attw
post Aug 25 2020, 10:07 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Aug 25 2020, 09:44 AM)
I only notice this at home, but at office charging got aircon so this doesn’t happen 😅

I switch to using ugreen cable only during charging with any 3rd party charger and it seems like the touch screen doesn’t go haywire anymore. Must’ve been the cables I’m using
Check your battery health settings and see if you have Optimised Battery Charging turned on?
claxxion
post Aug 25 2020, 02:09 PM

Casual
465 posts

Hi guys, my wife was charging her iPhone 11 yesterday and it became very hot. The temperature warning appeared and she let it cooled down after that.

Over the night, the battery drained very quickly (did not charge overnight) and became flat in the morning.

Now the phone won't charge and won't turn on at all, even after hard reset. Tried different chargers, cables and powerbanks and all didn't work.

Any idea what happened? Battery issue? What's the procedure to bring to service centre? Thanks guys.
TOMEI-R
post Aug 25 2020, 02:41 PM

Extraordinaire
All Stars
23,590 posts

QUOTE(claxxion @ Aug 25 2020, 02:09 PM)
Hi guys, my wife was charging her iPhone 11 yesterday and it became very hot. The temperature warning appeared and she let it cooled down after that.

Over the night, the battery drained very quickly (did not charge overnight) and became flat in the morning.

Now the phone won't charge and won't turn on at all, even after hard reset. Tried different chargers, cables and powerbanks and all didn't work.

Any idea what happened? Battery issue? What's the procedure to bring to service centre? Thanks guys.
Not looking good. It could be the motherboard or the battery. Some Apple Service Providers require you to book an appointment with them before sending your phone in.
MisterKibz
post Aug 26 2020, 10:01 AM

On my way
579 posts

QUOTE(alucard89 @ Aug 25 2020, 09:44 AM)

Like attw mentioned above, check your battery health settings and see if you have Optimised Battery Charging turned on. that is the one that is making it charged until 80% for a long period of time before it goes up to 100% once it feels right.
About the temperature rise, its very common in iphone 11 especially charging......hence i use the original charger to reduce the heating much compare to me using ugreen or any other pd charger brands.

MisterKibz
post Aug 26 2020, 10:19 AM

On my way
579 posts

QUOTE(claxxion @ Aug 25 2020, 02:09 PM)

Happened to mine Ip11 256GB twice before this when i newly got the phone during MCO.....i searched about it and found out its quite normal if ur heavy usage especially when MCO time i was relying on it too much, only thing i did was off everything include data and bluetooth and let it rest for an hour then use back like normal, also i gave away my ugreen fast charger and bought the original 18W PD charger which works so fine for me with very much less heating issue after 3 months now.....other than that its quite a common issue among iphone 11 series coz the battery cant withstand much PD fast charging i think......jus hoping upcoming software update will reduce the heating problem much more over time smile.gif

This post has been edited by MisterKibz: Aug 26 2020, 10:23 AM

155 Pages « < 127 128 129 130 131 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:06 AM