Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Can change power window to manual, hand manual winding up window type?

views

TSposmaster
post Sep 10 2019, 02:39 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
264 posts

Can we change a car power window to manual type?

It's a Honda City and the power window internal bracket kept breaking down. Each time changed can only last like 2-3 years.....

Wondering if we can change the electric power window to a manual hand winding up window ?

Those old card manual window will never go broken even 10-20 years.....just need to hand manually wind the window up or down only.....

Anyone got this problem? or changed a power window to a manual window before?

Please share comments on this topic.
TSposmaster
post Sep 11 2019, 09:21 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

Noted n True, brackets will break for power windows or manual windows...

Did not replace original parts lerrr.... mahal...
I always change with China wans lor....

But i was thinking to change my power window to manual winding up window.... just dunno if this is possible and is there any places doing this modifications ??
TSposmaster
post Sep 11 2019, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

I see... it seems that the car door may need to be modify to install a manual window from an original power window......

It seems to be a hassle & costly to modify the car door just to install a 'manual' window.....

my story is the power window internal bracket (cross bow) always jammed up....

bracket broken 2 times and 1 time mechanical jam up so... so it is my 4th times liao... sien ahh...

Any other solution....besides forgetting the window and open car door each time...
TSposmaster
post Sep 12 2019, 08:58 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

Lots of people buy Mercedes just because they have OEM parts to replace if anything is broken....

seems like turning a power window to a manual hand winding up window is too cumbersome with too many modification to the door....so most probably dropping this idea oready....

may not want to change another OEM part this time.....just open car door only when needed...

I heard proton power window also always breaks easily.....

Wonder why these days cars dun have manual hand winding up windows anymore
or
those fan with fan blades......imagine got aircond and fan blowing inside..... really good ventilation and cooling....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:35 PM