Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Maxis Fiber- Asus RT AC5300-VPN-Xbox One, Strict-Moderate Double Nat issues

views

TSHitman1020 P
post Sep 10 2019, 12:40 PM, updated 2w ago

Probation
16 posts

Ok so I have recently replaced my Netgear Nighthawk Gaming router with an Asus RT AC5300. I'm able to connect the TM modem that maxis gave me and removed the TP link router they originally set me up with, with my Asus RT AC5300 using PPPOE configuration. I can without using the VPN get my Xbox one to have an open nat. However I can not connect to US Call of Duty Black Ops 4 servers. So I have two different VPNS that I subscribe to, Nordvpn and Purevpn. As soon as I add the VPN details to my router and turn the Xbox on I immediately get double natted. At this point im lost, Ive followed several others ideas and suggestions with port forwarding and even setting my Xbox on the dmz list and nothing seems to work. The best I can get it to is a moderate double nat vs a strict double nat. Is there another way to use the vpn so I can get onto US servers and play my game without getting natted? I'm sure its something Ive overlooked but I can really use some help.
TSHitman1020 P
post Sep 10 2019, 01:09 PM

Probation
16 posts

QUOTE(Hitman1020 @ Sep 10 2019, 12:40 PM)
Ok so I have recently replaced my Netgear Nighthawk Gaming router with an Asus RT AC5300. I'm able to connect the TM modem that maxis gave me and removed the TP link router they originally set me up with, with my Asus RT AC5300 using PPPOE configuration. I can without using the VPN get my Xbox one to have an open nat. However I can not connect to US Call of Duty Black Ops 4 servers. So I have two different VPNS that I subscribe to, Nordvpn and Purevpn. As soon as I add the VPN details to my router and turn the Xbox on I immediately get double natted. At this point im lost, Ive followed several others ideas and suggestions with port forwarding and even setting my Xbox on the dmz list and nothing seems to work. The best I can get it to is a moderate double nat vs a strict double nat. Is there another way to use the vpn so I can get onto US servers and play my game without getting natted? I'm sure its something Ive overlooked but I can really use some help.
This is also a message I get on my Asus router

The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address.
This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment.
sHawTY
post Sep 10 2019, 01:20 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
11,690 posts

Report in here: https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2651405
TSHitman1020 P
post Sep 11 2019, 08:43 AM

Probation
16 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ Sep 10 2019, 01:20 PM)
I posted a thread where you directed me to but unfortunately haven't received and responses to it either. I just would like to find a way to be able to run the or any VPN on my router that's not going to give me a double nat error on the xbox one. Im hoping others have the same issue and could maybe post how they managed to work around the issue.
WebWalker
post Sep 11 2019, 11:00 AM

Computer Geek
All Stars
12,756 posts

QUOTE(Hitman1020 @ Sep 11 2019, 08:43 AM)
I posted a thread where you directed me to but unfortunately haven't received and responses to it either. I just would like to find a way to be able to run the or any VPN on my router that's not going to give me a double nat error on the xbox one. Im hoping others have the same issue and could maybe post how they managed to work around the issue.
Looking for someone who having the same router and want to do VPN on XBOX one?
It is like millions to one chances ...
TSHitman1020 P
post Sep 12 2019, 04:15 PM

Probation
16 posts

QUOTE(WebWalker @ Sep 11 2019, 11:00 AM)
Looking for someone who having the same router and want to do VPN on XBOX one?
It is like millions to one chances ...
Tell me about it, trying to get the xbox to connect to US servers here in malaysia feels like a losing battle. I can get the router and VPN to work just fine now. Now its a matter of getting rid of the double nat while using the vpn on the xbox. Hopefully someone either has one working or knows how to configure the setup to get it working.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0288sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 07:35 AM