Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Surface Pro 4 USB Problem, Seems dead!

views

TSNusantarian
post Sep 5 2019, 10:48 AM, updated 5y ago

12 posts

Hello,

My 2 years old Surface Pro 4 USB 3.0 slot is not responding. When USB mouse plugged in, no red light from the mouse. Phone and tab not charging through there. Card reader also not detected.

I tried all sorts of reset and reinstall driver.

Is there a way to replace the USB hardware as I read somewhere it is soldered to the motherboard. Help me list down local repair shops that have expertise on this expensive but manja stuff.

Man.. I need that slot badly.

Thank you very much for your time.

This post has been edited by Nusantarian: Sep 5 2019, 10:49 AM
onetwoswitch
post Sep 5 2019, 10:58 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

My type cover keyboard also having problem. The cover itself is alright, as i tried using on another surface. The problem is with the sensor on the main unit. I went all over lowyat and no one date to open and perform repair on it. According to them, the screen easily breaks if try to remove.

If by any chance u find someone who can repair it, let me know, would like to fix mine too.
TSNusantarian
post Sep 5 2019, 11:09 AM

12 posts

My Type Cover also the same. I read somewhere to softly push the pins on the Type Cover and clean it. Works for me most of the time.

The screen also starts shaking sometimes, like now it is doing again.

This post has been edited by Nusantarian: Sep 5 2019, 11:46 AM
TSNusantarian
post Sep 8 2019, 08:39 PM

12 posts

Up. Help please.
netmatrix
post Sep 11 2019, 12:23 AM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

Too bad the Surface is built like a smart phone. And is very very difficult to repair. The screen is the worse part. It is glued on. I have asked a lot of shops before to repair it. None would want to have anything to do with it as the screen is very hard to remove. And the risk of cracking is very high.

MS made the Surface as buy and throw away product really.
TSNusantarian
post Sep 13 2019, 03:14 PM

12 posts

I managed to get a refurbish SP Docking System. So I got 5 USB slots now. Im saved.. for now!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:17 PM