6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Effects of Metformin

views

inspiron
post Sep 4 2019, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

If you are diabetic or have high level of blood sugar, take 1 hour to watch this video.
It is a scientifically proven exercise method to lower your blood sugar.

Rice is worse than sugar for blood sugar level
sos cili

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

SUSTheRant
post Sep 4 2019, 11:48 AM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(inspiron @ Sep 4 2019, 11:43 AM)
If you are diabetic or have high level of blood sugar, take 1 hour to watch this video.
It is a scientifically proven exercise method to lower your blood sugar.

Rice is worse than sugar for blood sugar level
sos cili

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Well Rice is basically sugar. Actually, brown rice is supposed to be ok for you because there is fiber which slows down the absorption of sugar into our body. Of course the same mechanism works with fruits

Twins10
post Sep 4 2019, 05:11 PM

Enthusiast
913 posts

Liver does not dump insulin. Pancreas produce insulin. Dr Jason fung said liver dump glucose. Metformin prevent liver dump glucose. Fasting levels...8mmol is neither good nor bad..just liver dumping glucose.

Honey...fructose does not show in your bg test. It can only be processed by the liver...or stored in it...fatty liver.
SUSTheRant
post Sep 5 2019, 10:48 AM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(Twins10 @ Sep 4 2019, 05:11 PM)
Liver does not dump insulin.  Pancreas produce insulin.  Dr Jason fung said liver dump glucose.  Metformin prevent liver dump glucose.  Fasting levels...8mmol is neither good nor bad..just liver dumping glucose.

Honey...fructose does not show in your bg test.  It can only be processed by the liver...or stored in it...fatty liver.
Are you still taking metformin?

SUSTheRant
post Sep 6 2019, 11:17 AM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(Twins10 @ Sep 3 2019, 11:27 PM)
When malaysian doctors start you on medication.  7 mol and above?
I forgot. It's been 5 years ago.
But I prefer to use natural medication and exercise to handle this. Of course, watching my diet as well.
SUSTheRant
post Sep 6 2019, 11:21 AM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(ieatchickens @ Aug 30 2019, 09:16 AM)
parked for later read, there are literally 85 iq idiots here, just delete their posts.

I metform mostly when I go two cups of coffee a day, taper a week before and after.

im 10 years younger than renowed resveratrol advocate and geneticist/MIT guy david Sinclair, he's 50 and been metforming for 10 years.

I forgot the term but hes a molecular geneticist @ MIT who did stuff like unit 731 (sewing a younger and older rat together and studying the effects etc etc)
Actually are you referring to yourself?

Funny, seems that most diabetic patients goal is to reduce the medication that they take. If metformin was so good, why do that?

And you conveniently ignore all of the side effects that metformin produces. Anyone with a brain would probably start to question once those side effects come about.

Continue to harm your body. Have you ever wondered why people with liver problems cannot take Metformin? It's because it is bad for the liver. Maybe you will start having liver problems in the future at the rate you are going.

This post has been edited by TheRant: Sep 6 2019, 11:22 AM
ieatchickens
post Sep 6 2019, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

it does exacerbate kidney and to a lower extent liver problems, IF you have one to begin with.

you're extracting from literature derived from treatment of EoL 70+year olds.

Understand that the "Health Industry" is a closed loop, you subscribe ONE HUNDRED PERCENT, there is no room for innovation, to put it bluntly, anything new recited but not approved by the book, you're instantly kicked out the callergi/institution/school /college.

e.g : fasciectomy is still done TODAY on snakebite victims. ask EVERY survivor that did not have fasciectomy. They'll tell you it's not relevant. There is no need.

and that's just barely scratching the surface
ieatchickens
post Sep 6 2019, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(TheRant @ Sep 6 2019, 11:21 AM)
Actually are  you referring to yourself?

Funny, seems that most diabetic patients goal is to reduce the medication that they take. If metformin was so good, why do that?

And you conveniently ignore all of the side effects that metformin produces. Anyone with a brain would probably start to question once those side effects come about.

Continue to harm your body. Have you ever wondered why people with liver problems cannot take Metformin? It's because it is bad for the liver. Maybe you will start having liver problems in the future at the rate you are going.
actually I was referring to the guy that tried to derail the thread, which you so naively trolled yourself upon. But I can go both ways, easy. Now that I see how much of an actual tool you are.
blackamikaze
post Sep 6 2019, 12:22 PM

Trooper Rank: BIG HEAD SERGEANT
2,638 posts

the key to control your blood sugar level is trough diet, exercise and reduce belly fat. Metformin only help just a little base on the study. You can stop taking metformin just but dieting alone. This is my experiences with my diabetic father that have stop taking diabetes medicine after he take control his diet. Now his blood sugar level is like normal person. But my father did check his blood sugar everyday and after 2 hours meal. so far so good and he is happy.
SUSTheRant
post Sep 6 2019, 01:52 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(ieatchickens @ Sep 6 2019, 12:04 PM)
actually I was referring to the guy that tried to derail the thread, which you so naively trolled yourself upon. But I can go both ways, easy. Now that I see how much of an actual tool you are.
OK I apologize.

So are you for or against metformin?

This post has been edited by TheRant: Sep 6 2019, 01:53 PM
SUSTheRant
post Sep 6 2019, 02:32 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(ieatchickens @ Sep 6 2019, 12:00 PM)
it does exacerbate kidney and to a lower extent liver problems, IF you have one to begin with.

you're extracting from literature derived from treatment of EoL 70+year olds.

Understand that the "Health Industry" is a closed loop, you subscribe ONE HUNDRED PERCENT, there is no room for innovation, to put it bluntly, anything new recited but not approved by the book, you're instantly kicked out the callergi/institution/school /college.

e.g : fasciectomy is still done TODAY on snakebite victims. ask EVERY survivor that did not have fasciectomy. They'll tell you it's not relevant. There is no need.

and that's just barely scratching the surface
When you are talking about the health industry are you also talking about natural health?

I apologise. You seem to be quite knowledgable in this area.

This post has been edited by TheRant: Sep 6 2019, 02:33 PM
SUSTheRant
post Sep 8 2019, 10:54 PM

On my way
688 posts

Anyway. The alternative I will recommend is Berbarine. I am pretty sure you guys have studied on this issue b4. Berbarine is a natural supplement and it is as effective as metformin. You will not get hypoglycemia with Berbarine
pgsiemkia
post Sep 10 2019, 05:01 PM

Casual
395 posts

QUOTE(TheRant @ Aug 28 2019, 07:16 PM)
I read about that b4. They even say that it's anti aging. The problem is. Do you believe what they say.  Based on the side effects you get when you take them.

When something is natural. Taking a lot of that thing will not harm you. Try taking lots of metformin at a time. See where that gets you.
My father took metformin for a long time, side effects when he passed was poor heart strength, meaning his heart was not strong and his bones were brittle and they break easily if he fell, which he did, breaking his hip bone and had to replace with a titanium hip joint.

I am taking janumets which is a combination of metformin and sitagliptin. I also take CQ10 to strengthen my heart and chromium tablets to strengthen my pancreas. Besides all these meds and supplements, I goto the gym twice a week and do 1 hour cardio and 1 hour weights. I have lost more than 20 kgs since I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and I hope to stop the meds one day. Also my hypertension is gone due to my smaller stomach and all it takes is willpower and discipline to lose weight and keep fit which many sufferers do not bother but hoping to take meds all their life.

SUSTheRant
post Sep 10 2019, 05:07 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(pgsiemkia @ Sep 10 2019, 05:01 PM)
My father took metformin for a long time, side effects when he passed was poor heart strength, meaning his heart was not strong and his bones were brittle and they break easily if he fell, which he did, breaking his hip bone and had to replace with a titanium hip joint.

I am taking janumets which is a combination of metformin and sitagliptin. I also take CQ10 to strengthen my heart and chromium tablets to strengthen my pancreas.  Besides all these meds and supplements, I goto the gym twice a week and do 1 hour cardio and 1 hour weights. I have lost more than 20 kgs since I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and I hope to stop the meds one day. Also my hypertension is gone due to my smaller stomach and all it takes is willpower and discipline to lose weight and keep fit which many sufferers do not bother but hoping to take meds all their life.
Maybe instead of taking metformin, you should probably start taking Berbarine.
There is a reason why metformin is sell at a cheap price. If you understand how pharmaceutical works and metformin is such a "miracle" pill, it would not be so cheap.
Anyways.

You are on the right track when you are taking chromium.
SUSTheRant
post Sep 10 2019, 05:21 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(pgsiemkia @ Sep 10 2019, 05:01 PM)

I am taking janumets which is a combination of metformin and sitagliptin. I also take CQ10 to strengthen my heart and chromium tablets to strengthen my pancreas.  Besides all these meds and supplements, I goto the gym twice a week and do 1 hour cardio and 1 hour weights. I have lost more than 20 kgs since I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and I hope to stop the meds one day. Also my hypertension is gone due to my smaller stomach and all it takes is willpower and discipline to lose weight and keep fit which many sufferers do not bother but hoping to take meds all their life.
So what are your blood sugar levels now.
Does your blood sugar still go up when you eat carbo? What level does it go up to after you accidently eat carbo.

How old are you?

Just curious how much does janumets cost. It look pretty expensive in the us.
Why are you prescribe with those pills instead of just metformin? Is it because your diabetes was serious?

This post has been edited by TheRant: Sep 10 2019, 05:25 PM
SUSTheRant
post Sep 10 2019, 05:22 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(blackamikaze @ Sep 6 2019, 12:22 PM)
the key to control your blood sugar level is trough diet, exercise and reduce belly fat. Metformin only help just a little base on the study. You can stop taking metformin just but dieting alone. This is my experiences with my diabetic father that have stop taking diabetes medicine after he take control his diet. Now his blood sugar level is like normal person. But my father did check his blood sugar everyday and after 2 hours meal. so far so good and he is happy.
Just curious. Does your father blood sugar still go up if he eats carbohydrates?
SUSTheRant
post Sep 10 2019, 05:39 PM

On my way
688 posts

Curious. How much do you pay for your blood test strips.
pgsiemkia
post Sep 10 2019, 06:44 PM

Casual
395 posts

QUOTE(TheRant @ Sep 10 2019, 05:21 PM)
So what are your blood sugar levels now.
Does your blood sugar still go up when you eat carbo? What level does it go up to after you accidently eat carbo.

How old are you?

Just curious how much does janumets cost. It look pretty expensive in the us.
Why are you prescribe with those pills instead of just metformin? Is it because your diabetes was serious?
My sugar levels are in control (6-8) unless I stop for a week then it goes to 9-12. I take minimal carbs (rice, bread) but becos I burn them off with my exercise regime, I do not retain carbs/sugar in my body. I do not eat dinner at night or just light salads and broiled meat/tuna because I do not feel hungry but I need to eat after gym.

Janumets are around RM168/box (after discount) at my local Puchong pharmacy. I read about them and after consult with my doctor, he prescribed them, metformin is heavily pushed by suppliers in malaysia as the west do not use them anymore, just thank our govt cronies (Pharmaniaga) for letting hospitals use them.

*btw, you can accidentaly eat carbs or when you buy food outside, sure to have excesses of sugar in cooking although I have my drinks kosong. Janumets and Forxiga remove sugar from the body fast. Metformin also makes you shit a lot or wind in your stomach...

SUSTheRant
post Sep 10 2019, 09:48 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(pgsiemkia @ Sep 10 2019, 06:44 PM)
My sugar levels are in control (6-8) unless I stop for a week then it goes to 9-12. I take minimal carbs (rice, bread) but becos I burn them off with my exercise regime, I do not retain carbs/sugar in my body. I do not eat dinner at night or just light salads and broiled meat/tuna because I do not feel hungry but I need to eat after gym.

Janumets are around RM168/box (after discount) at my local Puchong pharmacy. I read about them and after consult with my doctor, he prescribed them, metformin is heavily pushed by suppliers in malaysia as the west do not use them anymore, just thank our govt cronies (Pharmaniaga) for letting hospitals use them.

*btw, you can accidentaly eat carbs or when you buy food outside, sure to have excesses of sugar in cooking although I have my drinks kosong. Janumets and Forxiga remove sugar from the body fast. Metformin also makes you shit a lot or wind in your stomach...
Wow 168/box.so how long can you use them for. I knew there is something wrong with metformin. You mean when you stop taking Janumets your blood sugar goes to 9-12. Even after you cut the carbs and exercise?

Might as well try Berbarine. At least they are natural. 9-12 still not too bad. Is it after meal blood testing.

Seems like really difficult to control the blood sugar. Anything can make it shoot up.

Oh yeah lack of sleep can make it shoot up as well

Have you tried fasting?

This post has been edited by TheRant: Sep 10 2019, 09:56 PM
pgsiemkia
post Sep 11 2019, 01:08 AM

Casual
395 posts

QUOTE(TheRant @ Sep 10 2019, 09:48 PM)
Wow 168/box.so how long can you use them for. I knew there is something wrong with metformin. You mean when you stop taking Janumets your blood sugar goes to 9-12. Even after you cut the carbs and exercise?

Might as well try Berbarine. At least they are natural. 9-12 still not too bad. Is it after meal blood testing.

Seems like really difficult to control the blood sugar.  Anything can make it shoot up.

Oh yeah lack of sleep can make it shoot up as well

Have you tried fasting?
Fasting is not good for weight control if you are working. Retired ok but exercise and controlled diet is better. Blood sugar is not accurate after a meal. Better in the morning before meals and take urine tests.

Janumet per box has 56 tablets. Usually if taking twice a day it lasts 4 weeks.

This post has been edited by pgsiemkia: Sep 11 2019, 01:09 AM

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0237sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:47 PM