Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Effects of Metformin

views

SUSlowya
post Oct 23 2020, 01:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

Today started my first dose, as experiemental journey of Metformin inspired by Dr. Sinclair. As Non-diabetes with zero preexisting condition and healthy dieter at today measured 77.7kg, i started 500mg in the morning and plan to take 1 x 500mg (Duopharma) every 2 days for a 100 days challenge. Not sure dosage too low?

During this 100 days, i'll observe for any grey hair turning darker (or hair fall as someone mentioned), boost of energy, lost of weigh, mood change, etc. Or shd i do 50 days challenge by taking 1x500mg everyday?

To counter B12 deficiency, prepared to add liver in diet. Excercise will be avoided during the day of taking metformin to boost absortion. Need to add that i take 2 meals a day (within 6 hours) and skips breakfast, no rice, avoid fructose so no apple/grapes, no soda drink, no blood glocose testing too, consume tea/coffee as usual. Metformin is taken early in the morning by drinking along with chocolate drink, i also do Zinc/Co supplement on alternate days.

What else i need to watch out or observe for changes? recommendation based on studies are welcomed. Comment for improvement please.
abu.shofwan
post Apr 12 2021, 07:57 PM

Regular
1,455 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Oct 23 2020, 01:34 PM)
Today started my first dose, as experiemental journey of Metformin inspired by Dr. Sinclair. As Non-diabetes with zero preexisting condition and healthy dieter at today measured 77.7kg, i started 500mg in the morning and plan to take 1 x 500mg (Duopharma) every 2 days for a 100 days challenge. Not sure dosage too low?

During this 100 days, i'll observe for any grey hair turning darker (or hair fall as someone mentioned), boost of energy, lost of weigh, mood change, etc. Or shd i do 50 days challenge by taking 1x500mg everyday?

To counter B12 deficiency, prepared to add liver in diet. Excercise will be avoided during the day of taking metformin to boost absortion. Need to add that i take 2 meals a day (within 6 hours) and skips breakfast, no rice, avoid fructose so no apple/grapes, no soda drink, no blood glocose testing too, consume tea/coffee as usual. Metformin is taken early in the morning by drinking along with chocolate drink, i also do Zinc/Co supplement on alternate days.

What else i need to watch out or observe for changes? recommendation based on studies are welcomed. Comment for improvement please.
So how has it been?
SUSlowya
post Apr 12 2021, 11:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(abu.shofwan @ Apr 12 2021, 07:57 PM)
So how has it been?
on and off, been skipping it, switched to as and when i feel like to take, not sure what parameters i should be tracking. Hair color darkening or something? Not much of scientific studies done on this, but so far so good. Also adding food grade hydrogen peroxide few drops to cup of water too btw, so hard to track what really works.

surprised no one reply until you.

This post has been edited by lowya: Apr 12 2021, 11:08 PM
ieatchickens
post Apr 13 2021, 12:13 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

I suspect the 500mg 2 weeks fish oil made my liver fatty so i decided to start 2g metformin/1.5g flush b3 per day for a 3 weeks run while i taper down diet and take three weeks off a igf secretagogue+ al'terol+ketotifen protocol.

will add in twice a week cardio etc

next ?
probably cinnamon
lurkingaround
post Apr 13 2021, 12:26 PM

Rule of Law
5,110 posts

QUOTE(TheRant @ Aug 28 2019, 06:18 PM)
Of coz I know.  I take it. That is the reason why I even made this thread. As for diabetes being  "lifelong". Well.  This one is pretty subjective. If you are taking metformin and relying on it. Of course your diabetes will get worse and worse because you need more metformin doses to produce the same effect.  Doctors only tell you how to lower the blood sugar,  but then they never tell you that perhaps your pancreas is not working that well because you are lacking certain minerals. You are not, exercising enough and your diet is not too controlled. Your pancreas may need certain minerals to be functioning well.  Your pancreas may be overworked.

If your blood sugar is high.  Taking metformin will bring it down immediately. But how long do you want to be dependent on it. The doctors are only interested in solving the symptoms but are not interested in giving the cure.
What is your latest feedback on the side-effects and long-term effects of taking metformin.?

How have you manage your metformin intake.?

Have supplement intake, exercise and diet-control reduced your metformin intake.?

kira_88
post Apr 13 2021, 12:47 PM

Hello, is it me you're looking for?
1,105 posts

QUOTE(TheRant @ Aug 28 2019, 01:53 PM)
Hi guys,
If you are taking Metformin. Have you ever wondered on the harmful effects of Metformin?

Also, the thing is that if say you do not take Metformin for say 1 day, your blood sugar will suddenly go up. So does it mean that we are dependent on Metformin and that in actual fact it is a bad thing because as time goes by, we will be more and more dependent on Metformin and your diabetes will get worst and worst.

Just wondering if you have ever considered from this aspect.
If you are taking Metformin. Have you ever wondered on the harmful effects of Metformin?
Side effect yes, all medications cannot urn from this and for metformin the most common one is GI disturbance. Do talk with your Dr if u do experience any as they will adjust your treatment regime. Harmful if taken with improper dose or directions

Also, the thing is that if say you do not take Metformin for say 1 day, your blood sugar will suddenly go up. So does it mean that we are dependent on Metformin and that in actual fact it is a bad thing because as time goes by, we will be more and more dependent on Metformin and your diabetes will get worst and worst.
You need to understand the pathophisiology or why u have diabetes in the 1st place and how the medications work to alleviate your disease. When u have diabetes meaning there is something wrong with your insulin sensitivity or production or both. Insulin is important to allow your body cells to utilise available sugar in blood. Less sensitive which is common in earlier stage of type 2 diabetes means more insulin needed to utilise same amount of sugar as compared to normal people, less productions which normally happen at later stage means your pancrease cannot generate enough insulin anymore as a results from over exertion to produce more insulin to cope with the reduced sensitivity.
Early stage type 2 diabetes are actually treatable without meds by reducing weight and change of lifestyle but this is the hardest treatments of all. So Dr will prescribe metformin which help in improving your insulin sensitivity. This explain the reasons why when u stop taking metformin you blood sugar level shoot up making u dependent on the drugs.

My advice is if you are still at the earlier stage of diabetes and would like to avoid medications talk with your Dr on how you can change your lifestyle meaning eat healthier live healthier. My father in laws did this and he is now considered free from diabetes and dont have to take any medications anymore but you have to be very committed to this

zerorating
post Apr 13 2021, 01:04 PM

Miskin Adab
882 posts

why not intermittent fasting? (only for type2 diabetes pipul)
fasting helps reduce my fasting glucose level to 4.x mmol and heal my fatty liver.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:46 PM