Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Need Advise for Job Change

views

TSunnamed02023
post Aug 23 2019, 02:37 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
68 posts

hi, guys, currently working a normal IT exec with 3k salary in KL.

some of my frens advised me to try jump in to java coding for future career with high salary but it take times and not easy.

my background is in IT Infra. covered mostly front to back end daily poerations.

never had experience before in coding but currently working environment kinda make me feel i'm outdated.

google around for java course found a few options, now in the middle of going left or right.

frens told coding kinda need good logic thinking and sort of management thing, i'm not sure.

please need advise. thanks in advance.

from a 80s guys.

PrincZe
post Aug 25 2019, 09:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,050 posts

Your friend advise u that coding earns more money. What if another friend told u that cloud engineer earn even more? Or as data analyst or as AI analyst?

So don't rely on your friend, go out find what suits u best and ask yourself what u want to do. What can your current skill gets improve?

For your case, consider learn cloud management? Alot are seeking for it.
kl920930
post Aug 26 2019, 11:12 AM

mr. minibosskl
1,221 posts

do what you are comfortable with currently and stay where you are

or push yourself into learning something new that could push you forward to a new higher level

investing in yourself and learning new knowledge will always be the best move in your career with wider employment opportunities smile.gif
Moshpit94
post Aug 27 2019, 12:41 AM

Casual
341 posts

Dude seriously Java is a bit outdated already.
My advice if you are okay with Cloud Management, that should be great to learn. My friend work with maxis under cloud team, the salary is 4x times that me .
flumx91
post Aug 27 2019, 09:19 AM

Getting Started
203 posts

QUOTE(unnamed02023 @ Aug 23 2019, 02:37 PM)
hi, guys, currently working a normal IT exec with 3k salary in KL.

some of my frens advised me to try jump in to java coding for future career with high salary but it take times and not easy.

my background is in IT Infra. covered mostly front to back end daily poerations.

never had experience before in coding but currently working environment kinda make me feel i'm outdated.

google around for java course found a few options, now in the middle of going left or right.

frens told coding kinda need good logic thinking and sort of management thing, i'm not sure.

please need advise. thanks in advance.

from a 80s guys.
Do you really like coding? I studied Computer Science(learnt Java, PHP etc) then I got intern and started working there as System Engineer(aka IT infra), after 3 years, I went into Mobile Development as I like coding.

Now I've worked as Mobile Developer for 2 years and what I can advise you is.. If you really into doing coding for at least 8 hours a day, 5 days per week(this is a minimum, to get better need to code more than this), then go for it. If not, better stay with IT infra line. Go for specific field of your interest. Network/Cloud/Storage/Virtualization etc.. Get those professional cert, it helps a lot in finding jobs and can get better pay.
TSunnamed02023
post Aug 27 2019, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

Thank you for all the advices.

currently googling around where to start. From AWS , CCNA cloud, Azure,
anyone can share with me if you have other links have cloud related study materials. i able to found some AWS 2019 study materials online from torrent.

like which cloud cert you guys recommended to take ? like Azure vs AWS ?
i know more and less is the same just which you would consider to put in CV?

Thanks

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.61    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:15 PM